Questions and Answers thread

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Questions and Answers thread

Post by loyalpainter88 on Mon Jul 04, 2016 6:23 am

Ooooh !!!! Wow wishes do come true !!! Thanks a lot ranger ! You guys are the best!
I have more questions !!! Cant help it!!!
I think in SBR Riley tells mason that they all name the foals they are born ... Did dale ever name a horse ? Who named bandit??? I know riley named moo .... Did jasper or Flynn or Paul name any special horse??? I think Paul named belle ... But any other horse apart from her ?? Mmm it's just that I was watching the secretariat....and this just popped in my mind and I had to ask !!!

loyalpainter88
Foal

Back to top Go down

Post by jkfan on Mon Jul 04, 2016 4:14 pm

And I have one more.  We've had a topic running before about making the FCR movie, and who we see as playing each character.   Doesn't have to be an actor, but who would you pick to play the main characters?

jkfan
Honorary Ranch Family Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Dangerfield on Mon Jul 04, 2016 7:51 pm

Ranger52899 wrote:
Oh my old friend, Mr. Red Phone, how I've missed you!  Very Happy

Chris Dangerfield
Yak Whomper

Back to top Go down

Post by ocelotspots00 on Tue Jul 05, 2016 12:33 am

Ranger52899 wrote:
gmilway wrote:I was also wondering if we've seen the last of Phoenix the Loud One

Short answer: yes for the moment. Long term answer.... the jury is out on that one, we could see it go either way!
Is the jury wearing pink?  It seems important, somehow....
ocelotspots00
Polar Bear Wrangler

Back to top Go down

Post by Trisha Louise on Tue Jul 05, 2016 1:01 am

I'd say the deciding factor was if they'd met his mother.
Trisha Louise
Yak Whomper

Back to top Go down

Post by jkfan on Tue Jul 05, 2016 1:09 am

I remember Flynn talking to someone about clients needing to be supported by their families - otherwise, the client would just revert back to their old habits once they were away from the ranch.  I think it was the conversation where he said he'd like to meet the 'puppet master', referring to Phoenix's mother.  I don't see Ms. Loudon letting go of Phoenix any time soon, so I can't see how he'd wind up on the ranch.  He's certainly not a CEO, and probably can't even be classified as a brat needing rescue.

Of course, that doesn't mean he might not show up in some other capacity in another book.  I'll leave that to R&R.
jkfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Hayjude on Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:25 pm

He's an idiot - I don't want to see him again!
Hayjude
Saloon Bartender

Back to top Go down

Post by Hayjude on Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:37 pm

You inferred that perhaps Dale will have some contact with his siblings later in MEC. Can't wait! Does Flynn ever have any contact with his birth family or is that like flogging a dead horse?
Hayjude
Saloon Bartender

Back to top Go down

Post by Hayjude on Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:28 pm

I only ask because I wonder if Flynn's father would be proud of his success with a big ranch or sour grapes about his achievements
Hayjude
Saloon Bartender

Back to top Go down

Post by JL on Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:37 pm

I'd imagine that Flynn's defection from the family would mean he is always "sour grapes" to his father.  Also, from what I can tell, he was never close to any of his brothers either.  Although, I sometimes wonder if Shay, who I believe was/is the youngest, might have chosen to take a little more after his older brother, Flynn, when Flynn left.
   I wonder about Flynn's mother as well.  Is she still alive?  Was she proud of him for essentially escaping, and did she hope that he made a better life for himself somewhere else?  Does she have any grandkids by her other sons, and if she does, do any of them remind her of Flynn?
   Also, I learn toward not expecting it to happen, but I still wonder if a nephew of Flynn's might show up one day.  He's been in the states approximately 17 years by this point-give or take.  Which means that if he has any nephews or nieces, then they'd be somewhere in there mid-to late teens at the oldest depending on when his brother(s) married and had children.
JL-
JL

Back to top Go down

Post by mc on Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:02 am

I'm not sure where to ask this question, but I've finished SBE for the gazillionth time and for the first time it occurred to me that Loic and Phoenix are around the same age: 23.

Could any two characters be more different? Though we know about Loic through others rather than as someone we've "met." But both were in a bad way on the mountain, and in a broad sense because of their own faulty decisions (Loic not taking oxygen, Phoenix being a %*%&&). Both needed rescuing which led to other people taking certain risks on their behalf. Loic, of course, is the height of independence and true ability. Loudon has no convictions, or any real talents that we see.

I just found these parallels and divergences fascinating. And I love the fact that regardless of how often I read this small series and big books, there's something new that makes me aha!

R&R you are brilliant.

mc

Back to top Go down

Post by Hayjude on Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:37 am

Hear, hear...!!
Hayjude
Saloon Bartender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content