The Laugh Out Loud Moments of FCR...

Post by Ranger52899 on Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:18 pm

Which bit makes you laugh? 

Share them here!
Ranger52899
Womble in Charge
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Re: The Laugh Out Loud Moments of FCR...

Post by curious1_53 on Fri Jul 01, 2016 4:17 pm

So many have made me laugh, but during the reread for the 3T book club, this one struck me:

Three Traders, Chapter 15 (PDF page 435) wrote:[Paul: ] “Wade? Can we have a word please?”

“Ubiquitous.” Wade suggested from his chair.

Paul waited. Wade rolled his eyes and got up.

“Irritating? Verbose? Am I going to need to get a dictionary out for this?”

curious1_53
Eagle

Back to top Go down

Post by Mackenzietwin on Fri Jul 01, 2016 4:32 pm

Some of my favorite laugh out loud moments are the random one liners.

From FCR (because I happened to have it open this morning)

And in the final event for potato rinsing, going for the gold medal, it's Dale Aden- ...
And he's coming up the first straight, it's Aden in the lead and surely no one can pass
him now-
Mackenzietwin
Yak Whomper

Back to top Go down

Post by Trisha Louise on Fri Jul 01, 2016 5:48 pm

Cannot locate the quote but Dale asking permission to take a piss, the thought having occurred to him x number of seconds earlier.

Every time Dale's honest answers lead to the thud of Riley's head on  the nearest hard surface.
Trisha Louise
Yak Whomper

Back to top Go down

Post by KateM on Fri Jul 01, 2016 5:51 pm

This is probably one of my favourite Tom & Jake moments (because for me it sums Jake up so well)

“How did you ever get classified as a Top?” I said with all the aggression I could summon up. Which wasn’t much!
He flipped up another piece of bread and caught it, giving me a confiding look. !
“I cheated on the exams.”

Can You Walk A Little Faster
KateM
Bunkhouse & Hot Springs Guest

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeDee on Fri Jul 01, 2016 6:07 pm

Here is one I love:

Pumpkin Patch - you just gotta love Paul: 

“Hi.” Riley’s voice warmed but not to his usual liveliness. “How is it going? What’s the hotel like?”

“Death by brown with lousy food. What’s wrong?”

“Nothing, nothing caught fire, the stock’s fine – other than that bloody spotted steer that’s obsessed with suicide by drowning, I roped him out of the river again today and put the whole of that group into the mile pasture and shut the gate on them, he can’t get stuck wading in those little creeks up there. For God’s sake come home and go do some counselling with him or something. Water aversion therapy. What’s wrong with the food?”

“He couldn’t pronounce most of it.” Paul supplied. Flynn ignored him.

Dee
DeeDee
Yak Whomper

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeDee on Fri Jul 01, 2016 6:08 pm

And another fun one:

And another from the Pumpkin Patch - Flynn goes into the shower:

“Why am I washing with half a matchbox?” Flynn’s voice demanded from the shower. “What is this stuff?”
DeeDee
Yak Whomper

Back to top Go down

Post by KateM on Fri Jul 01, 2016 6:21 pm

The sandwiches were also neatly, if not perfectly, cut into exact miniature triangles, equal in size and proportion, which was a serious give away. 
“Dale’s.” Flynn said grimly. 
Jasper headed down the steps, going to rescue the dogs from quiche.  “Unmistakeably." 
Flynn gave him a short nod, heading into the kitchen. 
“Ok. Excuse me, I have a CEO to spank.”

The Brig
KateM

Back to top Go down

Post by KateM on Fri Jul 01, 2016 6:22 pm

I think, the first time I read FCR, back in the day, it was this quote that first made me chuckle and feel like, yeah, I was going to like this story...

Dale picked up the sandwich and found himself eating ham salad and wholemeal bread. It didn't taste too bad actually, but these people obviously knitted their own muesli for a living.
Falls Chance Ranch
KateM

Back to top Go down

Post by jkfan on Fri Jul 01, 2016 6:32 pm

@Trisha Louise wrote:Cannot locate the quote but Dale asking permission to take a piss, the thought having occurred to him x number of seconds earlier.

Every time Dale's honest answers lead to the thud of Riley's head on  the nearest hard surface.
It's one of my favorites, too, Trish.  The first time Dale really and truly 'brats'.

"I am going to pee."  Dale said with vicious courtesy, heading for the bathroom.  "The thought crossed my mind approximately 48 seconds ago, and in the interest of not withholding key information I felt I'd better notify you.  I'm quite happy to supply it in writing or in triplicate."

FCR
jkfan
Honorary Ranch Family Member

Back to top Go down

Post by mc on Fri Jul 01, 2016 8:21 pm

Two quickly off the top of my head:

Dale signing "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn" to Paul, after being threatened,  "not another word!"

and

“Ok, easy, I’ll talk you through it.” Riley said, leaning on the table to watch him. “Incline upper body 30 degrees north towards the table, hold and stabilise position. List burger 28 degrees south in both hands, sustaining firm grip. Raise burger towards mouth at a steady trajectory, engage with mouth and insert 1.2 inches past front teeth-”
Dale gave him a politely cool look that invited him to take his instruction manual somewhere else. Riley grinned.
“Or I could just shove it in for you?”
“Get stuffed.” Dale said firmly. He took a cautious grip on the burger and Paul nudged Riley.

Both SBR, because that's what I'm re-reading right now.

mc

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeDee on Fri Jul 01, 2016 8:41 pm

From Mustang Hill

“You forgot to mention if it was a noun or a verb!” Riley shouted after him. “Or if you’d like any help removing that fence post A.N.Z. jammed up your ass!”

“Hey.” Flynn said sharply. “Enough. Dale, come back here. Riley, turn back to that corner.”

“Adjective. In this sense. And no, thank you; I’m entitled to some bloody fun.” Dale said slamming the kitchen door shut behind him, hard enough to shake the house.

Dee
DeeDee
Yak Whomper

Back to top Go down

Post by jkfan on Fri Jul 01, 2016 9:52 pm

And from Paget Creek - I laugh every time Flynn refers to Paul as 'that bloody housekeeper, with his long legs and his dark hair' - fighting the attraction with everything he has.  

And also in Paget Creek - Paul flirting with Flynn:

"Ah.  Well with shoulders like those, darling, I can see where all those vitamins have been going."  Shocks the heck out of Flynn.  It reminds me of something Gerry would say, but coming from Paul, it's hilarious.

The following day, Flynn thinks, "And that bloody housekeeper in his room last night, his weight on one hip in a way that dragged the most harshly disciplined eye downwards, challenge in every curve of his body.  The thought of it made Flynn have to change position, an involuntary physical bolt of reaction so hard that it was painful.  And infuriating."

Poor Flynn - he's really WAY over his head with Paul, who knows how to 'play the game'.  It makes me chuckle because the Paul we know today would NEVER do such a thing.  At least, I don't think so.  Not even with his husbands. I don't think.  Hmmm.
jkfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Trisha Louise on Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:58 pm

Again paraphrased: "THAT's his hand?!"
Trisha Louise
Yak Whomper

Back to top Go down

Post by jkfan on Fri Jul 01, 2016 11:02 pm

Tom and Jake are always good for a laugh.  When they meet Dale and Riley near Three Traders, Jake says, "... do I need to make you two promise to back off it?" (Going into the mine).  And Tom says, "It's no good you making Toppish noises ... No one's convinced, you know?  They've all seen you not eating your greens."

I love the banter between Tom and Jake.
jkfan

Back to top Go down

Post by gmilway on Fri Jul 01, 2016 11:04 pm

@mc wrote:Two quickly off the top of my head:

Dale signing "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn" to Paul, after being threatened,  "not another word!"

I'll see that and raise you

"You ever dare to sign Hollywood cliches at me again and I promise you, you won't sit down again this side of Thanksgiving."

gmilway

Back to top Go down

Post by jkfan on Fri Jul 01, 2016 11:07 pm

@Trisha Louise wrote:Again paraphrased: "THAT's his hand?!"
YES - that was a real eye opener for Dale, who thought that spanking would be 'symbolic more than painful'.  Ah - nope!!
jkfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Maaliem on Fri Jul 01, 2016 11:40 pm

all wonderful memories that made me laugh too

Maaliem
Stallion

Back to top Go down

Post by jkfan on Sat Jul 02, 2016 2:20 am

Here's a couple from Riley.

I love Riley's nonsense songs such as:

I'm not a pheasant plucker I'm a pheasant plucker's son
And I'm sitting plucking pheasants til the pheasant plucker comes

SBE

Another fun moment - when Riley is confined to the house because of an injury.  Paul sends Riley to lie down on the couch.

There was a moment or two of silence from the family room, then Riley's voice, pitched abnormally deep and echoey as if he was singing into some hollow object

Nobody knows the trouble I've seen
Nobody knows my sorrow

You'll be a lot more sorrowful in a minute, Paul warned.

Three Traders
jkfan

Back to top Go down

Post by jkfan on Sat Jul 02, 2016 2:22 am

@curious1_53 wrote:So many have made me laugh, but during the reread for the 3T book club, this one struck me:

Three Traders, Chapter 15 (PDF page 435) wrote:[Paul: ] “Wade? Can we have a word please?”

“Ubiquitous.” Wade suggested from his chair.

Paul waited. Wade rolled his eyes and got up.

“Irritating? Verbose? Am I going to need to get a dictionary out for this?”
That's one of my favorites too, Curious.
jkfan

Back to top Go down

Post by mc on Sat Jul 02, 2016 2:27 am

@gmilway wrote:
@mc wrote:Two quickly off the top of my head:

I'll see that and raise you

"You ever dare to sign Hollywood cliches at me again and I promise you, you won't sit down again this side of Thanksgiving."

Oh, yes! You have to have that follow-up!

mc

Back to top Go down

Post by DaghainWolfe on Sat Jul 02, 2016 2:32 am

@jkfan wrote:And also in Paget Creek - Paul flirting with Flynn:

"Ah.  Well with shoulders like those, darling, I can see where all those vitamins have been going."  Shocks the heck out of Flynn.  It reminds me of something Gerry would say, but coming from Paul, it's hilarious.

I had forgotten about this one, but yes, it cracked me up.
DaghainWolfe
Eagle

Back to top Go down

Post by Trisha Louise on Sat Jul 02, 2016 2:43 am

"Isn't it strange how often your butt gets all the instructions?"  Gerry said conversationally to Mason, "Mine gets hustled all over the place, it's quite the social butterfly."
Trisha Louise
Yak Whomper

Back to top Go down

Post by jkfan on Sat Jul 02, 2016 2:45 am

@Trisha Louise wrote:"Isn't it strange how often your butt gets all the instructions?"  Gerry said conversationally to Mason, "Mine gets hustled all over the place, it's quite the social butterfly."
That's a great one, Trish.
jkfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Trisha Louise on Sat Jul 02, 2016 2:46 am

*placemark for Gerry's blowjob for a cuppa comment, off to search*
Trisha Louise
Yak Whomper

Back to top Go down

Post by mc on Sat Jul 02, 2016 4:10 am

Silver Bullet, Trisha! That was a favorite of mine, too.

mc

Back to top Go down

Post by Trisha Louise on Sat Jul 02, 2016 4:12 am

Thanks Mac and MC, keen eyed as you are:

“Gerry gave him a pointed look, but waved expansively with his fork. “Apparently. Mason. Darling. Do I have to flutter my eyelashes all morning to get you to pass the teapot down this way or am I going to have to offer you a blow job? Some of us are dehydrating over here.”

“Gerald.” Luath said loudly, much louder than Ash’s easy going,

“One.”

Paul, choking slightly on his tea, couldn’t help smiling, and Gerry caught his eye with a glint of affection that Paul read without difficulty. He gave Ash a patently naughty look, but said to the table at large,

“I do apologise, perhaps that was a little crude for breakfast. Darling, teapot. Please.”
Trisha Louise
Yak Whomper

Back to top Go down

Post by Missty on Sat Jul 02, 2016 4:34 am

Keeper's yard and a young Paul.

Bear moved a piece on the chess board, confiscated a piece of David’s, and responded to David’s glare with that deep, comfortable, hee hee hee..... David grabbed up a cushion and tossed it at him, and Bear caught it neatly with one hand, tossing it in turn at Roger, who was reading again, didn’t see it coming and took it full in the face. Paul instinctively grabbed for it as Roger got up, cushion in hand to retaliate, defending the coffee with his other hand.

“Hey, you’ll knock the pot over, and if you do, you’re cleaning it up.”

It was not a very housekeeperly thing to say and it slipped out without him quite intending it, but Roger, surrendering the cushion, helped himself to a cup of coffee, dipped his fingers in it as he straightened up and flicked them at Bear. Bear laughed and wiped coffee from his head, and Paul, pulling out a handkerchief, got up to mop the remaining drops from the table, mildly batting Roger’s shoulder to get him out of the way.

“Do you two know how badly coffee stains?”

“Do feel free to give them Bear’s shirt and let them find out.” Philip invited. “And if I were you, Paul, I would aim about two feet lower and a lot harder.”
Missty
Polar Bear Wrangler

Back to top Go down

Post by Rochnariel on Sat Jul 02, 2016 5:28 am

This is making want to reread everything. It's clearly been too long.

I've loved Tom (and Jake) since the gas station in Three Traders when I devoured the first two books in about two days (and the waited impatiently, let's be honest here, for more.

This may be one of my favorite Tom lines though. It almost killed my computer when I first read Silver Bullet Everest because I was drinking at the time.

“Oh Good God, it’s High Altitude Barbie.”

Along with pretty much every other thought Tom has about the Pink Peril.

Rochnariel
Foal

Back to top Go down

Post by DaghainWolfe on Sat Jul 02, 2016 5:34 am

OMG YES! Every Tomism about the Pink Peril is priceless!
DaghainWolfe
Eagle

Back to top Go down

Post by kinneydu on Sat Jul 02, 2016 5:59 am

I can't remember the exact quote, but I have often laughed out loud every time I read where Dale is defining the word "cross" in his head, and stopping when he realises it sounds like a group of emotionally challenged dwarfs.

kinneydu
Foal

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeDee on Sat Jul 02, 2016 6:27 am

For Kinneydu:

“Yes, I bet you would.” Paul retrieved his hand from behind his back, keeping firm hold of it as he led Dale through the family room. “Unfortunately it’s not an option this morning, no matter how cross you are.”

“I am not….” Dale choked on repeating a highly undignified word and Paul supplied it, taking him upstairs.

“Cross. You were up half the night and you don’t do tired well; no one’s letting you find something repetitive and technical you can do by yourself and lose yourself in to feel more comfortable; Flynn’s away and we’ve got Gerry to worry about, and you’re badly shaken up from yesterday.”

Adjective. Homonym. From the Latin root ‘cruci’, in the sense of ‘athwart’: meaning contrary. Cantankerous. Fractious. Petulant. Belligerent. Tetchy. Grouchy. Ornery.

Aware that it was starting to sound like a group of behaviourally challenged dwarves...

Thanks for remembering that one!

Dee
DeeDee
Yak Whomper

Back to top Go down

Post by Fallschancefan on Sat Jul 02, 2016 11:10 am

Paul and the Sweater of Evil:

“Mmn, because the sweater’s warm and it’s comfortable and you probably don’t feel like you deserve to feel any better,” Paul said mildly, unfolding it, “And I want you to put it on which makes it even worse. Must feel like an evil sweater. Knitted in the realms of darkness, by the demons of-” he paused to check the label, “LL Bean. Shall we drown it or burn it? Put it on the next coyote that comes by?”

Excerpt From: Ranger, Rolf. “Silver Bullet Ranch.” iBooks.
This material may be protected by copyright.

Fallschancefan
Foal

Back to top Go down

Post by LLALVA on Sat Jul 02, 2016 2:49 pm

Flynn explained Dale the ranch rules:

Do you understand those rights as I have read them to you?" Dale said bleakly. Flynn

gave him a calm look, not reacting to the provocation.

"You'll be surprised at how easy it is. We don't do psychology, we don't do counselling,
we do plain and old fashioned common sense, and it works. We do enforce those rules
and there are consequences for breaking them as we're looking to train new habits.
Those consequences can involve writing assignments, extra chores, straight forward loss of privileges - yes I'm serious. We also use corporal punishment occasionally when we feel it's warranted, again in the same way considered normal in a family out here."
That, following a series of small and unpleasant discoveries, was the biggest shock so
far. Dale felt his jaw dropping open.
"It's short, practical and a powerful motivator for change." Flynn said quite simply.
"Your Corporation were made fully aware of the content of the programme and
approved it. Any more questions?"

Yes, when are the men in white coats coming for you?

LLALVA
Coyote

Back to top Go down

Post by LLALVA on Sat Jul 02, 2016 2:56 pm

Paul and Riley, about Bandit wanting his mares: 

"He is not flapping." Riley re emerged from Flynn's room, looking rumpled but quite cheerful. "Did you explain to him what you were doing?"
"No Riley," Paul said with exasperation, following him towards the stairs, "I did NOT stand and discuss my plans with the damn horse, because he's a horse. And because he knew damn well what I was doing too."
"There you go then. It's not polite just to take his mares and not ask him first."

Then Paul and Flynn: 

"Of course he brought them all down with him. You can't blame him if you didn't tell him." Flynn said calmly, jogging down the steps. Paul rolled his eyes skywards at Dale, and Dale, to his own surprise, let loose a sudden bark of laughter

Last edited by LLALVA on Sat Jul 02, 2016 3:01 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : fixing length on the sentences, and adding Flynn)

LLALVA
Coyote

Back to top Go down

Post by curious1_53 on Sat Jul 02, 2016 8:37 pm

Another favorite:
FCE: Ch. 25e (PDF: physical page 478, logical page 476) wrote:[Upon hearing Dale's surname from Riley and realizing the reputation of this man he couldn't figure out:]  “… Fuck me.” Mason said eventually, reverently.

Dale discarded another forkful of trout to the side of his plate, and suddenly I thought he looked very tired.

“No. I’m very fond of you Mase, but I’m married.”

curious1_53
Eagle

Back to top Go down

Post by Dells on Sat Jul 02, 2016 11:26 pm

Ooh! Ooh! Paul shouting in the pastures at the top of his lungs and Dale's "Oh my God, I want an exit visa."
Dells
Sheepdog

Back to top Go down

Post by jkfan on Sat Jul 02, 2016 11:40 pm

Paul singing "You've lost that loving feeling" in SBR

Dale emerged from the bathroom, naked, dripping, and Luath heard him crack and laugh as he hugged Paul, largely to stifle him.

"OK, I'll talk, I'll do anything, just PLEASE stop singing."
jkfan

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeDee on Sat Jul 02, 2016 11:58 pm

Frontier Mall:

He strode off towards the menswear signs, dodging passers-by so Riley had to hurry to keep up with him. A store worker intercepted him with a bright smile as they passed a stand, expertly grabbing his arm to aim a spray at his wrist.

“Good morning sir, can I interest you in the newest fragrance from Gucci?”

Flynn’s hand intercepted before she managed it, tugging Riley out of her clutches.

“Gucci your hands off him, thank you very much.”
DeeDee
Yak Whomper

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeDee on Sun Jul 03, 2016 12:00 am

And another Frontier Mall:

“They’re black. Jeans are not black.”

“You just said the horses wouldn’t mind.” Paul rummaged in the next stand for blue ones anyway, checked the size and leg length and handed them to Flynn. “Changing room, over there, go try those on and make sure they’re comfortable and you can ride in them.”

“How am I supposed to find that out in a changing room?”

“Be creative.” Paul turned his back on Flynn and smiled at Riley who was trying not to laugh.

DeeDee
Yak Whomper

Back to top Go down

Post by jkfan on Sun Jul 03, 2016 12:09 am

There's absolutely nothing funnier than Flynn in a Mall.

This from Frontier Mall:

About Flynn's choice of clothing to go shopping in the Mall.

"I'm supporting you in Christmas shopping.  I am not acting as a piece of art work.  I don't see I'm any more helpful tarted up than I am normally dressed."

"Does Jasper look tarted up to you?" Paul demanded...

"Yes." Flynn said bluntly.

"He does not, you Neanderthal.  He looks FINE."

"Yes.  HE looks fine.  I'd look tarted up."

"Standing right here." Jasper pointed out to them mildly.
jkfan

Back to top Go down

Post by JL on Sun Jul 03, 2016 12:18 am

@jkfan wrote:There's absolutely nothing funnier than Flynn in a Mall.

This from Frontier Mall:

About Flynn's choice of clothing to go shopping in the Mall.

"I'm supporting you in Christmas shopping.  I am not acting as a piece of art work.  I don't see I'm any more helpful tarted up than I am normally dressed."

"Does Jasper look tarted up to you?" Paul demanded...

"Yes." Flynn said bluntly.

"He does not, you Neanderthal.  He looks FINE."

"Yes.  HE looks fine.  I'd look tarted up."

"Standing right here." Jasper pointed out to them mildly.

Flynn and malls is always hilarious, and I always laugh at Jasper's "Standing right here."  ROFL!
JL-
JL
Sherpa [शेर्पा]

Back to top Go down

The Ant Conga

Post by DeeDee on Sun Jul 03, 2016 12:19 am

"And this great black mystic ant," Riley went on, unmoved, "Jumped out on the path and attacked this mighty warrior in the toe, until the warrior had to climb a tree to escape. And just as he climbed up the tree, a huge boar charged the spot right where the warrior had been. And the mystic black ant fought the boar and with one mighty blow killed it stone dead on the path. And then he carried it back to the tribe for the warrior, hup hup hup like that, and it saved the tribe from starvation. So the ant became the mascot of the tribe, and when it died, it split up into parts and flew up into the sky and became a constellation, and every winter the whole tribe dress up in ant skins and dance under the constellation, carrying ham sandwiches since there's a preservation order on the boars now-"

Dale grabbed up a cushion from the end of the couch.

"But the dancing is really hard," Riley went on, ducking, "Because they have to be so crouched down to get underneath the ant skins and- ouch-"

Dale whacked him again with the cushion and Riley rolled over, shielding his head with his arms.

" – it's kind of like a very low conga –"

That was too much. Dale, battering what he could reach of Riley's head and shoulders, started to laugh, and Flynn pulled him off Riley, confiscating the cushion and pulling Dale down into his lap.

"Enough with the ant."

"It's a bear." Jasper said, helping Riley up. "And there are no ham sandwiches."

"Well there's carrot sticks for the gluten intolerant." Riley said cheerfully, straightening his shirt. "It's all right."

And then a bit further on...

"I haven’t heard anyone say 'take the mickey' since David died." Paul said with affection. "I'm making tea. And not taking any upstairs, I dread to think what I'd disturb."

"I'm helping." Dale tried tactfully to detach Flynn's arms from over his chest and Flynn held on, making Dale eventually flat-out squirm to escape him, starting to laugh again.

"Ok, get off. Get off!"

Flynn grinned, dropped a rough kiss on his cheek and let him go. Dale escaped into the kitchen and Riley followed, doing what Flynn suspected was probably the Ant Conga.

Dee
DeeDee
Yak Whomper

Back to top Go down

Post by jkfan on Sun Jul 03, 2016 12:21 am

The Ant Conga - how could I have forgotten that!!  Thanks, Dee.  That was an especially nice moment because it was the first time that Dale sat on Flynn's lap.
jkfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Dangerfield on Sun Jul 03, 2016 12:23 am

Maybe not laugh "out-loud," but I've always like this one from THE BRIG because it is so very Dale and Flynn in its essence:

"Annoyingly, the writing was having the exact effect that Flynn had meant it to. It was difficult not to logically write this out and see it in print without it having an impact, and Dale glanced up, giving him a grimace.

“It’s all right. I did the whole obedient brat thing.”

Flynn leaned on his shoulders from behind, a comfortable squash of his weight while he read over Dale’s head, then he took the book out of Dale’s hands and closed it.

“Truly obedient would mean you managed not to call me several names up here,” he tapped Dale’s forehead lightly, “While working in here.” He held the book up and Dale caught the glint in his eyes. “So just how obedient are we talking about?”

Near to laughing, Dale raised his eyebrows.

“How obedient would you like me?”

“Mmn. We’ll talk about that later.”"

I suspect they dooooooo...

Last edited by Chris Dangerfield on Sun Jul 03, 2016 12:24 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : proofing)
Chris Dangerfield
Yak Whomper

Back to top Go down

Post by jkfan on Sun Jul 03, 2016 12:30 am

@Chris Dangerfield wrote:Maybe not laugh "out-loud," but I've always like this one from THE BRIG because it is so very Dale and Flynn in its essence:

“Truly obedient would mean you managed not to call me several names up here,” he tapped Dale’s forehead lightly, “While working in here.” He held the book up and Dale caught the glint in his eyes. “So just how obedient are we talking about?”

I suspect they dooooooo...
I don't know, Chris.  That's pretty funny, and it IS so very Dale and Flynn in it's essence.
jkfan

Back to top Go down

Post by jkfan on Sun Jul 03, 2016 12:34 am

@Fallschancefan wrote:Paul and the Sweater of Evil:

“Mmn, because the sweater’s warm and it’s comfortable and you probably don’t feel like you deserve to feel any better,” Paul said mildly, unfolding it, “And I want you to put it on which makes it even worse. Must feel like an evil sweater. Knitted in the realms of darkness, by the demons of-” he paused to check the label, “LL Bean. Shall we drown it or burn it? Put it on the next coyote that comes by?”

Excerpt From: Ranger, Rolf. “Silver Bullet Ranch.” iBooks.
This material may be protected by copyright.
Hilarious - especially the part about LL Bean.
jkfan

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeDee on Sun Jul 03, 2016 1:13 am

This also always makes me laugh:

Paul paused in front of a rack of gloves and scarves, looking down the line. "We keep it very simple between ourselves anyway, but I warn you now honey, Flynn and Riley would rather climb the Eiger for you in a g string than have to work out what to buy you as a Christmas gift.

Dee
DeeDee
Yak Whomper

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeDee on Sun Jul 03, 2016 3:36 am

From Boston Harbour

Just beyond an open door at the far end of the large sitting room in a kind of workshop shelter under the porch of the house, a large and irate looking man in coveralls was glaring alternately at a large blueprint in his hands and at Philip who was holding a cup of coffee.

“The cables are not going to go that way. Up, yes. Around corners, yes. Around in circles?”

“Is it time consuming, difficult or actually impossible?” Philip said pleasantly. The man glowered at him.

“Like your hallways in the middle of nowhere, it’s going to add days to the job. It’s even crazier than where the supporting walls had to go,”

“That’s quite all right, please take all the time you need.”

“Right.” The man let the blueprints roll back up with a snap. “You want a house built according to an architect who must have been blind, drunk and delusional, be my guest.”

“Excellent, thank you.” Philip gave the man a charming smile and the cup of coffee.
DeeDee
Yak Whomper

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Dangerfield on Sun Jul 03, 2016 3:42 am

@LLALVA wrote:Flynn explained Dale the ranch rules: .....
Yes, when are the men in white coats coming for you?
Do they have paddles?  Very Happy
Chris Dangerfield
Yak Whomper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum