Burning Horse! The Saturday Night Candlelight Thread - come join in!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Burning Horse! The Saturday Night Candlelight Thread - come join in!

Post by Ranger52899 on Sat Jul 02, 2016 12:11 pm

You may have heard of the annual Burning Man festival in the states - well tonight we're planning an FCR thread we're going to call Burning Horse.

Jasper believes in the power of ceremony, of doing with intent having meaning special to the people involved. So Burning Horse is a virtual ritual we can take part in here with a few of the Burning Man principles borrowed that we particularly like and think the ranch would particularly support, and adapted a little.

These are:

Radical Inclusion
Anyone may take part. We welcome and respect the stranger. No prerequisites exist for participation.

Participation
Participation matters. We believe that transformative change, whether in the individual or in society, happens through personal participation, that the doing matters. Everyone is invited to play.

Gifting
Burning Horse, like Burning Man, is devoted to acts of gift giving. The value of a gift is unconditional. Gifting does not contemplate a return or an exchange for something of equal value.

So tonight as soon as dusk falls in your part of the world, come join the thread and participate!

First: light a candle at home (or several, or a bbq, or bonfire, or whatever you would like!)

Second: We'd like everyone to 'gift' something very simple, anything at all, to the thread for other members to enjoy. It might be a song you like on Youtube, a poem you like, or a ghost story you found, a meme you particularly like - whatever you want that comes from you. Just something you share with a few words as to why it's something you enjoy on the thread that's given as a gift here for other members to enjoy with you.

Third: Do have fun reading, listening to and sharing in the gifts of other members! Between us we'll make quite a spread of candlelight world wide.

cowboy smiley

See you tonight!

Last edited by Ranger52899 on Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ranger52899
Womble in Charge
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Re: Burning Horse! The Saturday Night Candlelight Thread - come join in!

Post by hellspark72 on Sat Jul 02, 2016 12:38 pm

I love the idea, Ranger! A practical question though: what time in which timezone?
hellspark72
Eagle

Back to top Go down

Post by Ranger52899 on Sat Jul 02, 2016 1:04 pm

All time zones - please just post whenever you reach dusk where you are.   Smile
Ranger52899
Womble in Charge
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Trisha Louise on Sat Jul 02, 2016 1:27 pm

I'm burning the final third of the last of eight Mrs Meyer's Geranium candles that I brought back with me from the US two years ago. I've been rationing them, for the scent of them reminds me of Tom's home where we had them dotted about the living room that had become his headquarters from whence he entertained all visitors. He questioned me dragging heavy glass encased candles across the world but he also understood why it had to be done. I wish the light, sweet scent could carry to all of you.

Now, a gift, not one of my making I am afraid. The great Kev Carmody accompanied by Sara Storer, Missy Higgins and Clare Bowditch with his "On The Wire". There is a line that makes me imagine a family member walking down the long ranch driveway after a time away, returning home.

We’ll take you home to the land we know
Give you that peace of the evening
Give you that moon with the wind on your face 
The rains and the change of each season

Trisha Louise
Yak Whomper

Back to top Go down

Post by Trisha Louise on Sat Jul 02, 2016 3:05 pm

Well past dusk by now and have blown out the candle as heading to bed, but I remembered Paperman, a short film by Walt Disney Animation that I enjoyed very much when I first saw it a few years ago. I hope someone here enjoys it too.

Trisha Louise
Yak Whomper

Back to top Go down

Post by hellspark72 on Sat Jul 02, 2016 3:23 pm

I thoroughly enjoyed that, Trisha. Thanks!
hellspark72
Eagle

Back to top Go down

Post by Fallschancefan on Sat Jul 02, 2016 7:17 pm

http://twitter.com/SoVeryBritish/status/703125462315208705/photo/1

Hopefully this lets you click the Twitter link and then the two images of text beneath the tweet - Brits like us are what Tom and Dale's family are having to deal with!

Fallschancefan
Foal

Back to top Go down

Post by alunmo on Sat Jul 02, 2016 7:26 pm

Dusk is settling in, so it's time for me to light a candle.

As a gift to you I've added a link to my favorite puzzle site.

http://www.vladstudio.com/en/puzzle/?tree_of_lights_gold

alunmo
Foal

Back to top Go down

Post by hellspark72 on Sat Jul 02, 2016 8:34 pm

It is 9:30 pm here and still not quite dusk, but I lit some candles and this is my gift. I hope someone will enjoy it.

It don't have many memories (long story) but I do have a pleasant one about this piece of music. 

A housemate of mine, when I was in college, was a big Mark Knopfler fan. He didn't play the guitar though. He played the piano. There was an old piano in the kitchen in the old farmhouse where we lived and he would trade dish-washing duty for taking requests while we did the dishes. 'The Wild Theme' was one of my favourites so I requested it often. He also did a mean 'Mondsheinsonate' (Moonlight Sonata). 

Those two pieces of music mean a lot to me these days.
hellspark72
Eagle

Back to top Go down

Post by hellspark72 on Sat Jul 02, 2016 8:36 pm

alunmo wrote:

As a gift to you I've added a link to my favorite puzzle site.

How cool is that! I didn't know sites like this existed. I am going to explore them further, thanks alunmo.
hellspark72
Eagle

Back to top Go down

Post by hellspark72 on Sat Jul 02, 2016 8:45 pm

I can't resist. You mentioned ghost story, Ranger, and it is July. So how about some Christmas in July with the ghost of Charles Dickens? This is one of my favourite Christmas stories:

http://www.janetkagan.com/standing.html

Enjoy,

Patricia
hellspark72
Eagle

Back to top Go down

Post by Ranger52899 on Sat Jul 02, 2016 9:43 pm

Dusk is settling in here, I have green tea candles lit all over the room.

Something I love to do with others at gatherings is sing, so I'm enclosing this. This would be a song that James, Wade, Niall and Charlie would know from their service during the war, and they'd know this swing band style of music, they also brought it back to the ranch so everyone else came to know it well. Those four all jived, very well indeed, they taught the others to do it, so imagine them in the yard jiving to this with all the jumps and lifts and how often they would have sung it. My mother always told me she remembers seeing, as a little girl, the American soldiers going down through the streets of Dover to the boats for D Day, as Niall would have done, and that they could jive on the march, in perfect step, singing together.

Ranger52899
Womble in Charge
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Maryd on Sat Jul 02, 2016 10:24 pm

Evening everyone,
I wanted to share a song that has meant a lot to me over the years Stay with me til Dawn by Judy Tzuke

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDLfNkwLr1U

Hopefully the sentiment of the song will suit
Maryd
Foal

Back to top Go down

Post by KateM on Sat Jul 02, 2016 10:31 pm

I am just settling down for the night, and have had a few tea lights burning around the kitchen where I have been sitting for the last half hour or so.

I have the back door wide open and am listening to the sounds of my city. Now I live just three miles or so from the centre of England's 5th largest city, but it's also the greenest city in Europe. So while I can hear some traffic I can also hear the wind rustling the leaves in the trees and birds singing. Thankfully it's stopped raining and the skies are clear and i am watching blue sky darken and tinge with pink as the sun goes down. At busy times it's often hard to calm down and take a look at what you have so while not a gift exactly I really hope for everyone to take five minutes at some point to listen and look at their surroundings, I may not be the wide open peaceful spaces of the ranch but I hope you find something that make you smile and relax
KateM
Bunkhouse & Hot Springs Guest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tarabeth on Sat Jul 02, 2016 10:33 pm

Ranger52899 wrote:Dusk is settling in here, I have green tea candles lit all over the room.

Something I love to do with others at gatherings is sing, so I'm enclosing this. This would be a song that James, Wade, Niall and Charlie would know from their service during the war, and they'd know this swing band style of music, they also brought it back to the ranch so everyone else came to know it well. Those four all jived, very well indeed, they taught the others to do it, so imagine them in the yard jiving to this with all the jumps and lifts and how often they would have sung it. My mother always told me she remembers seeing, as a little girl, the American soldiers going down through the streets of Dover to the boats for D Day, as Niall would have done, and that they could jive on the march, in perfect step, singing together.

I had problems accessing the video -- I think this is another version of the same performers and song: 

Tarabeth
Polar Bear Wrangler

http://tarabeth1012.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by 5116sue on Sat Jul 02, 2016 11:27 pm

I've enjoyed the music, poetry, puzzles and posts on here, they are cheering me up, thanks. I'm giving a couple of songs that I love. The first is Monty Python's Universe song sung by Stephen Hawking, a truly inspirational man. I have loved this song for most of my life and always cheers me up even though I am told that it's inaccurate, who cares, its funny!!
The second is 'He aint heavy, he's my brother' which evokes memories of my late sibling and my surviving sibling but also helps me to remember exactly who my brothers and sister are on a wider scale. We are all in this together so let's help each other is the simple but important message.

Just a quick edit as here seemed the best place to show this. An unusual race where it isn't the winner that's remembered.

Last edited by 5116sue on Sat Sep 24, 2016 2:38 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : just had to show this!)
5116sue
Polar Bear Wrangler

Back to top Go down

Post by LLALVA on Sun Jul 03, 2016 1:00 am

Dusk is starting over here, I have a scented candle, and a cinnamon flavoured  coffee.

as a gift I have this place where you can solve puzzles, or create your own. 

http://www.jigidi.com/

http://www.jigidi.com/jigsaw-puzzle/ZMKRPFOJ/paarden

http://www.jigidi.com/jigsaw-puzzle/8LMY6A0C/christmas-art

I hope you enjoy it. 

Hugs

Leti

LLALVA
Sheepdog

Back to top Go down

Post by Dizzy on Sun Jul 03, 2016 1:01 am

It's almost dusk here.  I've lit a candle and I've done a little smudging.   

I do believe that every act has intent.  And to make intent positive.  

I thought I'd share a special picture.  This is the beach in Maine that my mom and I visited.  Her and I together planned her funeral.   A very special memory.

Peace to you all tonight.

Dizzy
Dizzy
Flynn's Personal Christmas Shopper

http://dj-wl.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Dizzy on Sun Jul 03, 2016 1:07 am

5116sue wrote:
The second is 'He aint heavy, he's my brother' which evokes memories of my late sibling and my surviving sibling but also helps me to remember exactly who my brothers and sister are on a wider scale. We are all in this together so let's help each other is the simple but important message.

I love the song, He Ain't Heavy, Sue.  One of my very favorites.  It does have a great message.  Thank you!

Dizzy
Dizzy
Flynn's Personal Christmas Shopper

http://dj-wl.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by docmom1 on Sun Jul 03, 2016 1:32 am

Night is falling, and candles are lit.  It is a beautiful evening here, and I'm sharing a favorite song representing the search for purpose and the journey...

docmom1
Coyote

Back to top Go down

Post by jkfan on Sun Jul 03, 2016 1:48 am

It's dusk here in Maine, and I've got a candle burning - thinking of all who participate in this community and feeling very connected to you all right now.

In Paget Creek, there was a poem called 'Listen to the mustn'ts'.  I liked it and googled it to find the author.  I found another poem I really liked by the same author, about trying to get back to the child within us all.

Where the Sidewalk Ends by Shel Silverstein
There is a place where the sidewalk ends
And before the street begins,
And there the grass grows soft and white,
And there the sun burns crimson bright,
And there the moon-bird rests from his flight
To cool in the peppermint wind.

Let us leave this place where the smoke blows black
And the dark street winds and bends.
Past the pits where the asphalt flowers grow
We shall walk with a walk that is measured and slow,
And watch where the chalk-white arrows go
To the place where the sidewalk ends.

Yes we'll walk with a walk that is measured and slow,
And we'll go where the chalk-white arrows go,
For the children, they mark, and the children, they know
The place where the sidewalk ends.
Love to all,
Cheryl
jkfan
Honorary Ranch Family Member

Back to top Go down

Post by melissa_day on Sun Jul 03, 2016 1:52 am

It's approaching evening here in lovely central Texas.  If I could, I'd gift you with the beautiful day we've had here.  With the joy of watching scissortail flycatchers and mockingbirds own the sky and the sight of horses grazing in green fields and the perfect southerly breeze.  And for the campfire, a couple of my favorite songs:

Beth Neilson Chapman -- Every December Sky (not that it's December now, but the writing in this song is so exquisite and Ranch-worthy) 

Indigo Girls -- Finalndia (which brings tears to my eyes every time I hear it.  The feelings in this song remind me of the love and respect Phillip and David's family have for the Ranch and for each other.)

And finally, I'm definitely sharing some marshmallows, 'coz a night by the campfire absolutely needs camaraderie, singing, ghost stories, bright stars and marshmallows!

"Rise up, O flame, by thy light glowing. Show to us beauty, vision and joy."
melissa_day

Back to top Go down

Post by JL on Sun Jul 03, 2016 2:06 am

It is now dusk in my part of the world.  I've lit a candle, and here is my gift.
JL-

JL

Back to top Go down

Post by jkfan on Sun Jul 03, 2016 2:08 am

Lovely thoughts, JL.  Thank you.
jkfan

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeDee on Sun Jul 03, 2016 2:31 am

My candle is lit and it's growing dark here.  I wondered all day what I could gift and was drawing a blank until shortly before I came in to light the candle then the one person who always makes my evening complete began to play.  I can't believe I (almost) forgot him or her.

The view from my home is of some really beautiful houses along a canal.  There is someone who lives over there (I have tried to figure out which house it is, but can never see who is playing) who each night (or nearing dusk) during the summer plays Taps.  Now I know that sounds like a sad gift because Taps is usually played at funerals for American servicemen and that is where most people know it from, but it is also a call to those who are still enlisted that the area is secure and it's safe to go to sleep, that someone is on watch.

I very much miss that short piece of music during the winter when he/she no longer plays.  I make my appreciation for their playing known each time I hear it and once they are finished I go in for the night.  I hope you enjoy this small music share and bit of history (on the video) - and that it doesn't hold sad memories.  For me it is a peaceful end to my day outside.

Last edited by DeeDee on Sun Jul 03, 2016 3:39 am; edited 1 time in total
DeeDee
Yak Whomper

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Stocking on Sun Jul 03, 2016 2:31 am

It is past dusk here and I have been sitting with my family in our yard with lanterns enjoying the end of the day and thinking of all of you.  I was a Girl Scout all through my childhood and spent many summers at camp, first as a camper and later as a counselor.  (I even went to camp for a few weeks one amazing summer in Wyoming which is part of what drew me to the stories originally.) My favorite part of camp was always the campfires so I wanted to share the lyrics of my favorite campfire song with all of you.  I did not add a link because in my memories it is not Kenny Loggins singing--it is a group of young girls, with a counselor on the guitar, singing slightly out of tune musically but connected otherwise as they mark the end of the day.

"House At Pooh Corner"

Christopher Robin and I walked along
Under branches lit up by the moon
Posing our questions to Owl and Eeyore
As our days disappeared all too soon
But I've wandered much further today than I should
And I can't seem to find my way back to the wood

So help me if you can, I've got to get
Back to the house at Pooh Corner by one
You'd be surprised, there's so much to be done
Count all the bees in the hive
Chase all the clouds from the sky
Back to the days of Christopher Robin and Pooh

Winnie the Pooh doesn't know what to do
Got a honey jar stuck on his nose
He came to me asking help and advise
And from here no one knows where he goes
So I sent him to ask of the owl if he's there
How to loosen the jar from the nose of a bear

So help me if you can, I've got to get
You'd be surprised, there's so much to be done

It's hard to explain how a few precious things
Seem to follow throughout all our lives
After all's said and done I was watching my son
Sleeping there with my bear by his side
So I tucked him in, kissed him
And as I was going
I swear that old bear whispered
Boy, welcome home!

Believe me if you can, I've got to get
What do you know, there's so much to be done
Back to the ways of Christopher Robin and Pooh

Back to the ways of Pooh

Love and Peace to all,
Blue
Blue Stocking
Three Trader's Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by knox0606 on Sun Jul 03, 2016 3:24 am

It is after dusk here and a candle is lit. I have been thinking about the gathering....

A few months ago I was reading a book by Jan Karon.  A character referenced a quote by RAINER MARIA WILKE. The quote is "Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage.  Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."

I was reading and re-reading SBR and SBE at the same time and the second part of the quote really resonated.  It also made me think of Philip saying "Anger is just fear with a different coat on."

As I imagine all the lit candles spread across the globe tonight, I think of those we have each loved and lost in our own worlds as well as the FCR world.  It warms my heart.

I can also hear John Lennon's song IMAGINE being played on someone's guitar as folks around the campfire sing.

Sweet dreams to all!

Knox

knox0606
Coyote

Back to top Go down

Post by Mackenzietwin on Sun Jul 03, 2016 3:29 am

I'm a bit past dusk here, but wanted to join in now that I'm home.  I lit my candles (woohoo, fire) and am about to relax to shark week as my husband practices his saxophone.

My gift to the group is a favorite Shel Silverstein poem that was quoted recently.

Listen to the MUSTN'TS child
Listen to the DONT'S
Listen to the SHOULDN'TS, 
the IMPOSSIBLES, the WONT'S
Listen to the NEVER HAVES
Then listen close to me --
Anything can happen, child, 
ANYTHING can be?

And one last one --

If you are a dreamer come in
If you are a dreamer, a wisher, a liar,
A hoper, a pray-er, a magic-bean-buyer,
If you're a pretender, come sit by my fire
For we have some flax golden tales to spin
Come in! 
Come in!
Mackenzietwin
Yak Whomper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandsence on Sun Jul 03, 2016 4:50 am

Hi everyone, dusk here in Montana now.  Loving all of these posts!  I am delurking to share with you a window to one of my favorite places:

Sandsence

Back to top Go down

Post by Missty on Sun Jul 03, 2016 5:13 am

I tried to post from my phone at dusk but it wasn't cooperating. We went to an open air performance of the Detroit Sympathy Orchestra and the United States Army Field Band at Greenfield Village. A historical village and museum started by Henry Ford. The DSO does a series of performances there near the Fourth. My family has attended on and off for many years. They play the 1812 Overture and shoot off the reenactment cannons. It ends with a fireworks display. So no candle but I did light a blue glow stick which then took it's place inside a small clear beach ball. It was very pretty at 9:23 pm the street lamps had just turned on. The sky was a light blue with hints of pink and the air was comfortably cool. We were surrounded by many people all visiting with their families and friends waiting for the music to start back up again. A few minutes later they played Hey Jude and you could see lots of glow sticks and cell phone lights waving to the music from where we were sitting on a hill to the left of the stage. One of my favorite memories is the year both sets of our parents attended the event with us.

Here is a Highlight Video someone took last year.

Last edited by Missty on Sun Jul 03, 2016 5:42 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : typos)
Missty
Polar Bear Wrangler

Back to top Go down

Post by Tarabeth on Sun Jul 03, 2016 5:30 am

I posted at dusk, but the kitties wouldn't let me type.  run catSitting Cat Nice kitty.

I love this song and the video -- it is still such a joy to me to see beautiful representations of our love -- and I love Matt Alber's gorgeous lyrics about the man he loves. 

cute cat

I share these Thich Nhat Hanh quotes not only because I think they are powerful and some of them remind me of things that Jas, Flynn or Paul would say to Dale -- but also because they are things I need to remind myself.  

Calling all Angels is a song that has had much meaning to me at various different times in my life.  I listened to it a lot when I was doing a lot of volunteer work with a local AIDS organization in the 1990s and there we were still experiencing a lot of deaths.  The Angels brought love, strength and at times I felt as if they could hold me up.  

I listened to it constantly when my mother, who was only 54, was dying of ovarian cancer and felt that the Angels were calling her home. 

Listening to it again this morning, I had visions of Dale on the Ranch and the Angels being all of the Whats.  

Last edited by Tarabeth on Sun Jul 03, 2016 1:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tarabeth
Polar Bear Wrangler

http://tarabeth1012.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by abouttime2stop on Sun Jul 03, 2016 5:55 am

Way past dusk but I just got home.  Here is my inspiration to be more selfless, help others, and be proud to be American.  

https://www.facebook.com/InterestingShit/videos/1061626100586661/
abouttime2stop
Three Trader's Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Meirene6307 on Sun Jul 03, 2016 1:13 pm

Sorry I didn't get to the burning horse camp out,  I got a bit stuck on what do I have that is worth sharing!!   I lit my candle and was with you in spirit
Meirene6307
Sheepdog

Back to top Go down

Post by Trisha Louise on Sun Jul 03, 2016 3:27 pm

This has been so lovely. Perhaps the start of a new tradition?
Trisha Louise
Yak Whomper

Back to top Go down

Post by jkfan on Sun Jul 03, 2016 3:33 pm

Sandsence wrote:Hi everyone, dusk here in Montana now.  Loving all of these posts!  I am delurking to share with you a window to one of my favorite places:

Hi Sandsence and welcome!!  This was a lovely post and video.  Thank you for sharing it with us.
jkfan

Back to top Go down

Post by jkfan on Sun Jul 03, 2016 3:36 pm

I've loved seeing all these posts.  I echo Trish - I hope this is the start of an FCR tradition.
jkfan

Back to top Go down

Post by hellspark72 on Sun Jul 03, 2016 3:50 pm

jkfan wrote:I've loved seeing all these posts.  I echo Trish - I hope this is the start of an FCR tradition.
I third!
hellspark72
Eagle

Back to top Go down

Post by Ranger52899 on Sun Jul 03, 2016 4:31 pm

I've loved all of these, thank you everyone who participated and shared  - an FCR tradition would be great!

Sandsence, I'm  now completely stuck on that camera on that beautiful rippling water!
Ranger52899
Womble in Charge
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandsence on Sun Jul 03, 2016 5:07 pm

Thanks Ranger.  I Loose hours to that sight!  I get so ridiculously excited when a whale shows up.  Thanks for hosting this; another sight I loose hours to.  Very Happy
Sandsence

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandsence on Sun Jul 03, 2016 5:25 pm

Hi Sandsence and welcome!!  This was a lovely post and video.  Thank you for sharing it with us.

Thanks Cheryl, I really like the poem you posted.  I will have to look up  Shel Silverstein.
Sandsence

Back to top Go down

Post by kfbe on Sun Jul 03, 2016 9:05 pm

I couldn't join you at the campfire last night as I was stuck in the study with my head in books but wanted to express my gratitude to all those who posted.

I've spent my day with revision sites on one tab and videos playing on another. Its felt very peaceful and yet strangely productive. Perhaps I should have dragged the books down to the campfire last night but it would have been too tempting to launch them into the flames!

Please accept my late offering. Its music that never fails to give me goosebumps
I hope everyone feels as peaceful as I do

Kate

Last edited by kfbe on Sun Jul 03, 2016 11:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

kfbe

Back to top Go down

Post by Ranger52899 on Sun Jul 03, 2016 9:40 pm

I love Einaudi and this is one I didn't know - Thank you Kate! It's lovely to see another Brit in the lifeboat Smile
Ranger52899
Womble in Charge
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by kernel on Sun Jul 03, 2016 10:44 pm

I know I'm a day late but I have lit a candle anyway (it's only just dusk here) and I'd like to add something for I think this is a lovely idea. Although I've lit a candle I am actually (in my head) standing by the bonfire in the yard at the ranch watching Dale and Tom dance on the barn roof as I 've just finished my re-read of Three Traders.

This poem is of a different time and place to the Ranch but It has the same longing of the office dweller for the freedom of the wild country.
Clancy of the overflow by Banjo Patterson.
http://www.wallisandmatilda.com.au/clancy-of-the-overflow.shtml
and the musical version which i think would fit in nicely with the Stan Rogers at the ranch. And I like the old time pictures in this vid. :
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qghnx1o5gJ4

I also want to share this poem which makes me think of Dale's journey.
"The Journey" by Mary Oliver
http://peacefulrivers.homestead.com/maryoliver.html

kernel

Back to top Go down

Post by Trisha Louise on Mon Jul 04, 2016 12:24 pm

Banjo Patterson is always good to revisit. Thank you, Kernel.
Trisha Louise
Yak Whomper

Back to top Go down

Willa Cather

Post by Chris Dangerfield on Tue Jul 05, 2016 10:38 pm

Miracles seem to rest, not so much upon faces or voices
or healing power coming suddenly near to us from far off, 
but upon our perceptions being made finer 
so that for a moment our eyes can see 
and our ears can hear that which is about us always.

- Willa Cather

Last edited by Chris Dangerfield on Tue Jul 05, 2016 10:42 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : proofing)
Chris Dangerfield
Yak Whomper

Back to top Go down

Post by kmc1389@msn.com on Thu Jul 07, 2016 12:59 am

I know I am late to this party but I do wish to share this. I hope it is something all will enjoy.

kmc1389@msn.com
Coyote

Back to top Go down

Post by Trisha Louise on Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:01 am

Never too late for a classic. Thanks, Kim.
Trisha Louise
Yak Whomper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum