The Around the World Thread

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Re: The Around the World Thread

Post by Hayjude on Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:36 am

I'll join you, Dee. I yearn to sail the canals and I want an old tub like the boys bought!

Hayjude
Honorary Ranch Family Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Stocking on Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:44 pm

I have been to England several times but last summer I finally got north to Hadrains Wall.  It was my favorite part of the trip-  I loved how it seemed to go on forever. 
https://goo.gl/images/TkyrfE

I am also a fan of the Burren in the southwest of Ireland-  so stunningly windswept with all the unexpected  prehistoric monuments.

Blue Stocking
Three Trader's Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by JL on Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:02 pm

I'd also like to visit the Broads after reading the Sealark.  My dream trip would be to New Zealand though, followed closely by Australia.  Then I'll head to Italy with my mom, because that's her dream trip...and I'm willing to travel just about anywhere Smile
JL-

JL

https://storiesbyjl.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by hellspark72 on Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:40 pm

I've experienced quite a bit of the Western World already and most places were awesome for different reasons: the mystique and sense of prehistory of Stonehenge and Old Sarum, the Britishness of Victoria until you realise you're also looking at a totempole (!), the history and culture of London, Rome and Paris, the fairy tale like atmosphere in Hoh Rain Forest in Washington State, the tranquility of a weekend on an old fashioned sailingboat in the Strait of Juan de Fuca, the gorgeous, but - to somebody from one of the most densely populated countries in the world - scarily unpopulated and empty deserts of Utah, to name just a few.

I am now really looking forward to experiencing a different kind of culture than that I am used to. My best friend and I are planning on visiting Istanbul in the near future. Middle Eastern architecture and mosaics,

markets (Paul would love this),

hamams,

and Turkish food

I can't wait.

Pat
hellspark72
Eagle

Back to top Go down

Post by Trisha Louise on Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:42 pm

That sounds like a brilliant trip, Patricia.
Trisha Louise
Yak Whomper

Back to top Go down

Post by Hayjude on Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:20 pm

Jake and Tom will be with you in spirit, I bet!
Hayjude

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeDee on Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:10 pm

@hellspark72 wrote:
I am now really looking forward to experiencing a different kind of culture than that I am used to. My best friend and I are planning on visiting Istanbul in the near future. Middle Eastern architecture and mosaics,

I can't wait.

Pat
Maybe you can post a few pictures for us?  And if those were stuffed grape leaves I saw in that one picture, taste one for me!  I would love to make some, some day!  

Dee
DeeDee
Yak Whomper

Back to top Go down

Post by Hayjude Today at 8:44 am

Way late, I know, but my sister just sent me these fantastic photos of the Northern Lights that she took on her recent trip to Norway. I’d like to see it for myself, but I don’t know if I could survive 19 degrees below zero!
Hayjude

Back to top Go down

Post by jefftd Today at 9:07 am

@Ranger52899 wrote:
Pick the most exciting or wonderful place you've ever been to - or a place that's on your bucket list, even if only in your dreams? 

Pictures, links to videos, descriptions and anecdotes, information - whatever you'd like to share. Tell us about that place!

If it is allowed to be the next place I go that I haven't been, then mine will be Costa Rica, but I leave in less than a week for San Jose, so it won't be an unvisited place for long.  New places are always exciting, and it was a toss up between there and Hawaii (I want some sunshine!), but I was in Honolulu two years ago, so off to Central America I am.  (I still want to go to Volcano National Park on the Big Island, so another trip to Hawaii is actually somewhere down the pike.)

Last edited by jefftd on Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:08 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : clarity)

jefftd
Bunkhouse & Hot Springs Guest

http://brizbrizuri.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Hayjude Today at 9:30 am

Good one - we were in Hawaii last year and saw volcanic lava flowing into the sea - amazing!
Hayjude

Back to top Go down

Post by Trisha Louise Today at 11:06 am

Have a wonderful trip, Jeff.  Magic Carpet
Trisha Louise
Yak Whomper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content