New FCR Story - Washington Square part 1

Page 6 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Re: New FCR Story - Washington Square part 1

Post by mc on 17/2/2018, 02:17

Thanks, dear Trisha. And I completely agree. Same thing with the Christmas baubles that have been handed down from generations of Philip's family. That scene in Keeper's Yard where David tells Paul that those objects have only seen joy and good memories touches me deeply every time I read it, and it must be in the several hundreds now.

mc
Honorary Ranch Family Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Hayjude on 17/2/2018, 02:39

Speaking of books and good memories - my Dad was away on business when I was about 12 and my gift from him when he got home was a hardcover edition of Moby Dick, with the most incredible colour pictures. I remember him giving it to me and writing a sentimental blurb on the cover page and said that in years to come I could read this and remember. Thanks Dad, now years later I love to read this and remember your voice and love.

Hayjude
A What

Back to top Go down

Post by mc on 17/2/2018, 02:48

Judy, that is such a beautiful story. Thank you so much for sharing it.

It is so strange now: all I can think about now is what it would have been like to go to the Ranch as a young executive. Though this is different isn't it? She isn't Mason, or Jack or Dale. She's running TO the Ranch. Different rules...if any rules at all.

Oh, Philip would have loved this!

mc

Back to top Go down

Post by Zicat on 17/2/2018, 02:59

I agree with mc, Judy, it is wonderful to still have that connection with your father. My siblings, and I, have a lot of books that belonged to my father and grandfather, and they are treasured possessions and will be passed down to later generations. One of my brothers had my fathers books, and medals, from WWII copied and then had the originals encased in glass.
Zicat

Back to top Go down

Post by mc on 17/2/2018, 05:06

Cat, that's magnificent. What a treasure.

mc

Back to top Go down

Post by Zicat on 17/2/2018, 05:41

It is pretty special. When it comes to treasures I think about Philip's Christmas Ornaments and David's "World Map", and it reminds me that I have a wonderful family with a lot of keepsakes and traditions also.
Zicat

Back to top Go down

Post by Hayjude on 17/2/2018, 06:23

I, too, have some wonderful, treasured keepsakes that are not for any other purpose - most of us probably do. My dad’s leather belt and buckle with handy pocket knife still attached, some of his shotguns (which my husband stores and still uses, since he’s the only one with a gun license), my grandfathers ancient mandolin - which I never learned to play and a seascape painting of his which I love and had appropriately framed, and Mum has his medals from WWI and Gallipoli, which I think my sister got a miniature copy made of for the kids to wear in Anzac marches. Memories.
Hayjude
A What

Back to top Go down

Post by Sassy Lane on 17/2/2018, 23:41

Off track a bit here, I was rereading the pros and cons from earlier, against the dark haired man being Darcy. I am voting for Darcy, because his relationship with everyone from the ranch seems to me, bittersweet. 

In my mind, I am imagining he has done the "shocking clothes" and such, as a red herring for how he feels about the family and maybe one person in particular. During Dale's first brat meeting he noted that the others were aligning themselves with and taking cues from Darcy.

So possibly, in my imagination, he is hiding in plain sight. When he is not around the others (and maybe Luath, specifically) he is more.... reserved? Calmer? Not so over the top? I am not sure what term I want to use. 

I know that I feel dear Darcy is hiding something that may soon be exposed.

Sassy Lane
Sheepdog

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeDee on 18/2/2018, 00:51

It's not off track at all - that was the point of this thread.  This was a great inclusion for this story.  I also want to see if Darcy is willing to accept what is at least partially his nature.  So I vote with you!  He does love the attention and even provokes it, so I also hope to see if he truly will settle to a top/brat life - and I also have someone in mind.  lol.  

Dee
DeeDee
Yak Whomper

Back to top Go down

Post by mc on 18/2/2018, 04:40

@Sassy Lane wrote:Off track a bit here, I was rereading the pros and cons from earlier, against the dark haired man being Darcy. I am voting for Darcy, because his relationship with everyone from the ranch seems to me, bittersweet. 

In my mind, I am imagining he has done the "shocking clothes" and such, as a red herring for how he feels about the family and maybe one person in particular. During Dale's first brat meeting he noted that the others were aligning themselves with and taking cues from Darcy.

So possibly, in my imagination, he is hiding in plain sight. When he is not around the others (and maybe Luath, specifically) he is more.... reserved? Calmer? Not so over the top? I am not sure what term I want to use. 

I know that I feel dear Darcy is hiding something that may soon be exposed.

Sassy Lane, I agree; do you remember in Handbags at Dawn, when Luath brings Darcy from Paris back to the Ranch? When Dale sees him in "regular clothes" he senses something diminished (for lack of a better word) and more real about him. Same thing in Mustang Hill. Dale has definitely noticed the same thing you have. Darcy is naturally flamboyant, for fun, but there's a serious, rather beautiful side, too. This is the part of Darcy that Jasper "speaks" to (again in Handbags at Dawn, but also in other stories). Jasper sees this side of him as well.

Come to think of it, even in Three Traders, when they have the first Brat's Meeting, Dale noticed how people oriented themselves toward Darcy.

There was a reason why Philip/David "found" Darcy and brought him into the fold. He may not be interested in a DD, but there's something in him that needs to be protected, nurtured. Luath knows it too, and so did Roger.

mc

Back to top Go down

Post by Hayjude on 18/2/2018, 06:53

I know when Darcy is at the ranch he likes to dress to shock, at times. But when he is working I think he would be much more professional and tone it down. If he was organizing the runway show for Empire then he would be in work mode.
Hayjude
A What

Back to top Go down

Post by Denicemarcell on 18/2/2018, 15:59

Think of Mustang Hill when Darcy breaks down after a phone call from the job he abandoned.
Denicemarcell
Three Trader's Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Hayjude on 18/2/2018, 20:35

That was only because he was so distressed about the possibility of finding definite proof of Roger from the Trade Centre site. I don’t think he would usually walk out on anything.
Hayjude
A What

Back to top Go down

Post by jkfan on 18/2/2018, 23:20

SO - about Darcy.

I often wonder if Luath and Darcy have ever had a conversation about Darcy being a brat.  No one knows Darcy better than Luath, but I sometimes wonder if Luath has a bit of a blind spot where Darcy is concerned.

Here are some things that I've been thinking about the last couple of days.

Someone (I think it was Riley, but not sure) said that if a brat is looking for sympathy, he should always go to a Top, because brats are pretty hard on the behavior of other brats.  Then I thought of Darcy's reaction to Dale's behavior in 'On the Corner of Fifth'.  He was appalled that Luath was so forgiving of Dale's flagrant disobedience in going for a run when he was supposed to be napping.  Clearly, he was very critical of Dale's behavior.

When he dresses provocatively at the ranch, Luath made a comment that the ranch is somewhere he can 'play' safely, and said that Darcy knows better than to show up at Luath's apartment dressed like that.

In fact, Luath does seem to be a little Toppish where Darcy is concerned.  I think he exerts a little control over where Darcy parties, and is in the loop about who Darcy dates.

Philip threatened to swat Darcy once in Frontier Mall, and Flynn DID swat Darcy in TT (I think) when he showed up dressed provocatively.

We know nothing about Darcy's origins, but I wonder if all of these actions are Darcy dipping his toe in the water, but being afraid to take the plunge.

I still hold out hope for Darcy and Luath, and that Darcy might be willing to lose his 'Switzerland' status.
jkfan
A What

Back to top Go down

Post by Zicat on 19/2/2018, 04:41

I also hope Darcy and Luath get together. Whether Darcy is a Brat, or not, I think he and Luath need each other. And I believe Darcy is a brat.
Zicat

Back to top Go down

Post by Hayjude on 19/2/2018, 08:38

Had the thought that maybe Darcy and Luath are together at this point in time and so Darcy has toned down his flamboyant, bohemian look with Luath’s help - thus suggesting that he is a bit bratty!
Hayjude
A What

Back to top Go down

Post by Trisha Louise on 19/2/2018, 09:01

Not a single thing wrong or in need of curbing with a man being flamboyant in his manner or dress. If Darcy wants help with anything, I can't really see his personal style and expression being it. Given his profession he could run rings around most in terms of knowing the possibilities of using clothes to particular effect. He certainly knows how to dress to provoke and get the reaction he desires, as Cheryl wrote, and what he could teach Mr "jeans aren't black " O'Sullivan could fill a fashion mag. (Sorry Flynn, but it's true. We love you.)

You can be flamboyant covered shoulder to ankle and dress to provoke a swat in a pair of Levis if you put your mind to it. I don't think they are one and the same. I really hope Darcy never feels the need to change in that regard for any man, even Luath, and I'd think less of Luath if he tried. 

Love it: of all the FCR mysteries we have been given to delve into - phosphorus and Whats and Mustang Hill included- Darcy and his status and relationship are amongst the most enduring. I've got to think he'd be tickled by that. Smile 

Trisha

Last edited by Trisha Louise on 19/2/2018, 10:44; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Font size)
Trisha Louise
Yak Whomper

Back to top Go down

Post by Hayjude on 19/2/2018, 11:11

Well, it was only a thought, brought about by the previous post - not a workable theory. I, too, enjoy the creations that Darcy likes to shock people with.
Hayjude
A What

Back to top Go down

Post by Trisha Louise on 19/2/2018, 11:15

He does have a gift. Smile

I guess what I meant to say was that being a flamboyant man is not a behavioural issue, something to fix or that needs help. Being deliberately provocative, now that is something that doesn't run well on the ranch or with Luath, you are quite right, and Luath certainly lets Darcy know that (bless his reliability.)

Trisha

Last edited by Trisha Louise on 19/2/2018, 11:22; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Clarify)
Trisha Louise
Yak Whomper

Back to top Go down

Post by Hayjude on 19/2/2018, 11:34

I just can’t wait to see where this is going to go next. It is such a thought-provoking scenario and you start to find yourself cheering for the underdog.
Hayjude
A What

Back to top Go down

Post by jkfan on 19/2/2018, 16:11

I'm going to amend something I said about Luath having a blind spot where Darcy is concerned.  I went back to read that bit in TT where Darcy dresses to provoke:

“I don’t believe you let him buy that kind of stuff.” Flynn said to Luath as Paul took Darcy upstairs. Luath was smiling, but shook his head.

“He’s a free agent. Some of what he calls ‘couture’ I’d call ‘brothel’, but then what do I know about fashion?”

“You’d have let Roger walk around looking like that?” Flynn demanded, and Luath laughed.

“It was hard enough to get Rog to change out of patched jeans and a threadbare sweater. And you know he’s playing.”

“I do, it’s deliberate provocation.” Flynn settled back into the swing and picked up his drink again. “Shock value.”

“Well where else does he get to play like that?” Luath said mildly. “He’s always liked to flirt with the idea, he does with me at home. He doesn’t often get a more expert audience.”

“Mmn.” Flynn said darkly.

I think Luath is comfortable with Darcy 'flirting' with the idea of being a brat, but Flynn is not.  And this made something click for me in Handbags at Dawn.  I didn't quite understand why the other brats thought Darcy was taking advantage of Luath, but I think I see now - that they see Darcy as playing at being a brat, and using Luath as his Top, without seriously embracing the whole lifestyle.  

Interesting.  I'm very intrigued by Darcy, and his motivations.
jkfan
A What

Back to top Go down

Post by Denicemarcell on 19/2/2018, 16:39

Could Darcy be less neutral Switzerland and more a switch?
Denicemarcell
Three Trader's Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by jefftd on 19/2/2018, 16:57

@Denicemarcell wrote:Could Darcy be less neutral Switzerland and more a switch?

Reading this fabulous collection of ideas, I will say that I don't think Darcy is a switch, but as all the brats will tell you, there is a spectrum of bratitude, and perhaps Darcy is just barely into it (or not).  The DD lifestyle requires a lot of give and take and an enormous amount of trust, and there is always the chance that there is something in Darcy's past that prevents him from going there.  

A receptive audience is required for Darcy's ranch fashion displays, with Flynn and Paul being low hanging fruit per se (because they so willingly provide a reaction), there is absolutely no reason he wouldn't push that boundary and every reason he would.  It is an attention getting scheme, just like, but much less dangerous than Riley's swims and climbs, that he can't resist.  Because it is essentially harmless, there is really a "no harm, no foul" quality to it, but Darcy gets attention.  He works in a field where his skills are expected to be invisible.  The set designer for a fashion show does not want to detract from the work of the fashion designer.  Looking at the brats, you have quite a collection, some who seem to avoid attention, while others actively seek it out, so while this may be another brat factor, I don't know if I would say it is a blinking arrow pointing out "brat here!"

jefftd
Silver Bullet Engineer

http://brizbrizuri.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Nonni on 19/2/2018, 17:06

Darcy does seem to me to have brat-like qualities and I haven't seen much to suggest top-like qualities in him.  Each DD relationship has to be unique to its members and work for them.  It seems to me that Darcy would need a very different set up than many of the brats at the ranch.   I'm thinking how Jake and Tom's relationship really works for them, but does not look like others at all.   Also, while Luath and Darcy seem to have some possibility of a top-brat relationship, are they attracted to each other as a couple?   I know they love each other dearly as friends and have suffered a great loss together.

Nonni
Polar Bear Wrangler

Back to top Go down

Post by jefftd on 19/2/2018, 17:15

One other thing I wanted to add, and I think it is pretty important.  While a majority of the ranch relationships are DD, I do not think it is necessary for all of them to be, so Darcy not falling into a DD relationship, but being totally open and accepting of them, while knowing it isn't his thing, seems to be a very valid and very necessary counter-position to those other relationships on the ranch, the sort of person who isn't involved in such a relationship still validating those relationships, and not demeaning those involved in them.

jefftd
Silver Bullet Engineer

Back to top Go down

Post by Dizzy on 19/2/2018, 17:50

I really like @jefftd posts regarding Darcy.  I do think that you can understand and even relate to the discipline life but not desire or need to be in one yourself.  I see that in Darcy.

The question @Nonni brings up about the attraction between Luath and Darcy is one I’ve thought about too.  I’m not sure about Luath and Darcy becoming a couple.  I kind of like them being very close, but not sure about a romantic relationship.  

If you are built for a discipline life, have lived one, I’m sure you can live without one, but maybe just feel like somethings missing.  I think for Top type people the need to protect, care-take, etc is so inherent that to the non-discipline partner it might seem to be smothering.  To a Brat type person the lack of discipline might leave that person off-balanced.

Dizzy
Dizzy

http://dj-wl.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sassy Lane on 19/2/2018, 18:01

I have been thinking about this a bit. I have friends who are in a lifestyle relationship and as jefftd said, it looks different on every couple.
In Darcy, although he is brilliant at what he does, I see stress fractures. I think pragmatic Luath could be a rock for Darcy's storm. They certainly have a background to fall in something very comfortable and maybe THAT is what they both need at this time.

Sassy Lane
Sheepdog

Back to top Go down

Post by carinucha on 19/2/2018, 19:04

@Dizzy wrote:I really like @jefftd posts regarding Darcy.  I do think that you can understand and even relate to the discipline life but not desire or need to be in one yourself.  I see that in Darcy.

The question @Nonni brings up about the attraction between Luath and Darcy is one I’ve thought about too.  I’m not sure about Luath and Darcy becoming a couple.  I kind of like them being very close, but not sure about a romantic relationship.  

If you are built for a discipline life, have lived one, I’m sure you can live without one, but maybe just feel like somethings missing.  I think for Top type people the need to protect, care-take, etc is so inherent that to the non-discipline partner it might seem to be smothering.  To a Brat type person the lack of discipline might leave that person off-balanced.

Dizzy
I agree with you re Jeff's posts on Darcy and I also screamed a huge YES! re Trisha's posts on flamboyant behavior. Not all members of the family are attracted to discipline relationships and Philip, for one, recognized early on that fact. Some are only attracted to the structure and routine provided and most of all, the caring relationships. In that sense, the Ranch under Philip and David was a prime example, a beacon of tolerance of diversity. I think that what Luath and Darcy have is very deep love for each other: whether they can or will actualize said love into a full couple sexual relationship remains to be seen (they might not want to risk what they already have). A thought and a question, as myself have never been in D relationship not feel the need for one: would it be possible for a Top to have one partner that is not into D and one that is a Brat? In other words, could the issue be resolved by a poly relationship? Just a thought...

carinucha
Silver Bullet Engineer

Back to top Go down

Post by Dizzy on 19/2/2018, 19:45

Oh yes, I agree with the flamboyant or campy not being a discipline aspect.  The very first teen my parents took in was very flamboyant.  But looking back, he wasn’t “bratty” at all.  He died so young, but looking back, if he was even on the spectrum, he might have been a Top type person.

I have personal thoughts on your question, but I don’t know if it’s the “right” thought.  Like what’s been said before and what’s written in the stories, discipline is so individualized.  What works for one couple or one poly relationship might not work for another.  And looking into a relationship from the outside is kind of hard to make any judgments on what is right or wrong. My personal thoughts are that yes, a poly relationship that only have some living discipline is very much possible.

Thank you for such a wonderful discussion on my kind of day off of work, @carinucha!  

Dizzy
Dizzy

http://dj-wl.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jkfan on 19/2/2018, 19:53

I don't think, in Luath's case, that he'd be comfortable in a poly relationship, mainly because he's apparently asked Paul more than once, if Paul doesn't get jealous.  Riley once described himsel, Paul, Flynn and Jas as not being "all to yourself" kind of people.  I think Luath IS an "all to myself" kind of person.

One thing I'm not so sure about is whether Luath would consider having an intimate relationship with someone whe was not a brat, or whether Luath would feel something was missing.  I think Luath would be hard pressed to tone down his Top instincts.  

Maybe that's what keeps Darcy and Luath from being partners.

All the same, interesting that Darcy never had a partner, nor does Luath seem interested in dating.
jkfan
A What

Back to top Go down

Post by carinucha on 20/2/2018, 00:01

I am not so sure, Cheryl. Luath might be asking the jealousy question of Paul because he is tempted with the idea, you know. In a sense, they had a very special triad, him, Roger and Darcy. Luath has lived in suspended animation out of grief for so long, but he doesn't hesitate to jump on a plane and go to Paris to fetch and comfort his Darcy. He defends Darcy, celebrates him and his achievements, protects Darcy from the brats when necessary, talks about Darcy in a tone of amused frustration...Reminds me of the scenes before the decision of the five to be five was taken, when all of them used to play interference every time a Top from the Family was talking a bit too harshly to Dale. But I don't think that Darcy is a Brat (for me it is quite significant that R&R have Philip say that he has never swatted Darcy), and Luath needs a Brat. Hence my question, so comprehensively answered by Dizzy, about whether D relationships that were poly could have a non D component with one of the partners. Who knows, perhaps we will discover a new Brat pretty soon, just made for Luath and Darcy?

carinucha
Silver Bullet Engineer

Back to top Go down

Post by mc on 20/2/2018, 00:58

I think that Luath and Darcy's relationship is so intimate on so many levels; I'm not sure that it needs to be romantic...and after re-reading Handbags at Dawn a crazy number of times (one of my very favorite stories in the entire canon), I somehow don't think that there will be a romantic element to it. But what I do know, completely, and would bet a lot of money on is that regardless of what I think might makes sense or work, if R&R write it, specifically as a yes or a no, rather than the limbo we feel we're in, I'll believe it. And will be able to look back on past scenes and say, 'oh, yes, that fits in...' Again, regardless of whether they become an item or if they each find their own partner. R&R will make me believe it.

mc

Back to top Go down

Post by jkfan on 20/2/2018, 00:58

Just one more comment about Philip and Darcy.  Philip DID say that he'd never swatted Darcy, but he also said he'd hate to start at Christmas time.  I can't see Philip making an empty threat, so I take it to mean that just because he hadn't didn't mean he wouldn't.  

That being said, I don't think it says anything about whether or not Philip saw Darcy as having brat tendencies.
jkfan
A What

Back to top Go down

Post by jkfan on 20/2/2018, 01:04

@mc - I couldn't agree more.  However R&R write it will make perfect sense.  It's just fun to speculate.
jkfan
A What

Back to top Go down

Post by Trisha Louise on 20/2/2018, 01:06

You know, I  rather hope Darcy did get to have that swat from Philip before he left them all.
Trisha Louise
Yak Whomper

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeDee on 20/2/2018, 01:41

@mc wrote:I think that Luath and Darcy's relationship is so intimate on so many levels; I'm not sure that it needs to be romantic...
That is a great thought!  I like that they need each other but not necessarily on an romantic level.  

That beings said, I would still like them together, but would be so happy with this level of intimacy.  I just have a need to see them both happy and 'for me' that happiness comes in a relationship for them together.  I 'need' them both to have someone and that someone just seems to be each other.  

Thanks MC!

Dee

Last edited by DeeDee on 20/2/2018, 02:03; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : said intimate, meant romantic)
DeeDee
Yak Whomper

Back to top Go down

Post by jkfan on 20/2/2018, 02:13

@Trisha Louise wrote:You know, I  rather hope Darcy did get to have that swat from Philip before he left them all.
Me too, Trisha.  And I have to think that part of the reaction he tries to provoke at the ranch is a swat - which Flynn supplied, albeit not the kind of swat he delivers to Dale or Riley.  

I wonder if Luath has ever swatted Darcy.
jkfan
A What

Back to top Go down

Post by mc on 21/2/2018, 05:22

@DeeDee wrote:
That beings said, I would still like them together, but would be so happy with this level of intimacy.  I just have a need to see them both happy and 'for me' that happiness comes in a relationship for them together.  I 'need' them both to have someone and that someone just seems to be each other.  

I have so much intimacy with my best friend. We have been through a lot together for many many years. It goes beyond just our love for each other, and in no way is it romantic, but it is powerful. Though I'm not suited to a DD relationship, one of the things about them as detailed here, and spoken of by some of our friends here is just how much intimacy there is. Sexuality aside, there's an honesty and depth of commitment that is remarkable. Dale was intimate with each of his partners way before he engaged in any physical intimacy with them.

I totally understand what you're saying and feeling about Luath and Darcy, dear Dee. And I'm with you about wanting to see them happy. They are such beautiful characters––people––and one can't help but want their happiness. Not to suggest that everyone needs a romantic partnership to be happy, but we certainly have seen that Luath experiences a real loneliness in New York. And Darcy has so much to give.

Heck, and this sounds crazy, but I also get sad that Wade is in Texas alone, though I also love that he has so much independence (I remember so well James' thought that he didn't want Wade to be alone but would protect that for him as long as possible). I've always liked the relationship that Wade has with Luath, and upon reflection, that is, in a way, an example of a Top with a brat that has no romantic component at all.

This is discussion is fascinating, because as much as we have all talked about the issues of different kinds of DD relationships, and Luath and Darcy etc, there are still new avenues we can go down together. 

It occurred to me reading this thread from the beginning again, that R&R once said (or did I make this up out of whole cloth) that there are still characters from the Ranch universe for us to meet. I can't wait.

Totally off-topic (as if I haven't been off-topic enough), but do you think Corey will come back as a character again? I do.

mc

Back to top Go down

Post by Trisha Louise on 21/2/2018, 06:19

I hope if Corey recieves the professional support Flynn can help him tap into, one day he might be in a better place to return home without so many fears hounding him there or urging him away. I wonder if Flynn won't become the anchor for him that Philip once was?
Trisha Louise
Yak Whomper

Back to top Go down

Post by Hayjude on 21/2/2018, 07:37

Each of his personas latched onto a different member of the five. You would think he would return because he was so unconditionally accepted as himself.
Hayjude
A What

Back to top Go down

Post by Trisha Louise on 21/2/2018, 07:38

Whatever his complex barriers, yes, I hope Corey ends up visiting home more often. Like Riley, I find my empathy towards Corey has grown and his name is less likely to conjure the "lovely potatoes" smarm in my mind than the image of  him dashing expectantly up the front steps, calling for Philip. 

Trisha

Last edited by Trisha Louise on 21/2/2018, 09:38; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Add a bit)
Trisha Louise
Yak Whomper

Back to top Go down

Post by Hayjude on 21/2/2018, 11:28

Yes, that bit was heart wrenching.
Hayjude
A What

Back to top Go down

Post by Denicemarcell on 21/2/2018, 20:31

There was a houseful of family for Sam Gaan’s funeral, *we* have not met them all.

Not sure this will work...while most of the world finds their soulmate(s) a few are happy singles with their own purpose see
The Children’s Book That Made Me Realize It’s Okay to Be Alone, it is an essay in www.electricliterature.com

Last edited by Denicemarcell on 21/2/2018, 20:42; edited 1 time in total
Denicemarcell
Three Trader's Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by carinucha on 21/2/2018, 20:33

And new characters appear from time to time we wish could find their way to the Ranch.

carinucha
Silver Bullet Engineer

Back to top Go down

Post by Hayjude on 21/2/2018, 21:17

Well, anyway, Leila’s in the right place to get some expert help.
Hayjude
A What

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeDee on 22/2/2018, 00:11

Ok, just used 'citation multiple' for the first time and hopefully it works.  

My response it to both of Trisha's comments.  I love the thought that even though Corey will need to leave the ranch to get help that Flynn will be his anchor.  Anchor to home and a life that he deserves.  Hopefully Corey won't need to go far for that help and that, in time, if he is allowed 'away visitations, he will come stay with these men - but when he can't that Flynn will visit (along with others - he deserves that).  

And to your second comment:  I agree.  Knowing that at the time I disliked Corey because I (too) thought he was trying to come between Riley and his three men with those ingratiating comments - makes me sad to know how very wrong I was to judge him.  In my (and all our) defense, the story didn't leave us many options for judging him - we had only those comments we read to go on.  But now knowing his whole story I wish I hadn't judged so hard.  

Corey deserves a better life and the kind of help that will allow him to incorporate all his separate selves.  Corey deserves a second chance and I think he did get that by the family - now that they all know what is happening.  

Hopefully before these glorious stories all end, we will see a happy and mentally balanced Corey return.  

Dee

PS - well it didn't work, so again, this is in response to both of Trisha's comments.
DeeDee
Yak Whomper

Back to top Go down

Post by jkfan on 22/2/2018, 04:27

Dee - I've never gotten the multiple citation to work either.  If anyone has, please post instructions (hands clasped and pleading)
jkfan
A What

Back to top Go down

Post by Trisha Louise on 22/2/2018, 04:31

I'll see what I can find on the forumotion help site on both posting gifs  (temperamental wee buggers) and multiple citations later today. If I find anything useful I'll post in a new thread.

Cheers 

Trisha

Last edited by Trisha Louise on 22/2/2018, 04:32; edited 1 time in total
Trisha Louise
Yak Whomper

Back to top Go down

Post by jkfan on 22/2/2018, 04:31

@Trisha Louise wrote:I'll see what I can find on the forumotion help site on both posting gifs  (temperamental wee buggers) and multiple citations later today. 

Cheers 

Trisha
Thanks, Trish.
jkfan
A What

Back to top Go down

Post by mc on 22/2/2018, 04:39

The end of Quarry Rock (or the end-for-now, because I don't think that story is done yet) was also hopeful with the idea that the two brothers would connect up again. That meant something to me.

mc

Back to top Go down

Post by Hayjude on 22/2/2018, 08:34

I think Ranger said that there were 2 or 3 more chapters in Quarry Rock still. Don’t think that will be long enough to satisfy, Ranger. I really like your 50 chapter stories!
Hayjude
A What

Back to top Go down

Post by jefftd on 22/2/2018, 12:19

50 chapter stories are books, not short stories.  Personally, I am happy with whatever shows up for MEC and Washington Square at this point, since I think asking for more would run the authors too thin.

jefftd
Silver Bullet Engineer

Back to top Go down

Post by Hayjude on 22/2/2018, 13:12

Oh, yes, I’m also more than happy with whatever they offer up. But I do prefer the books to the short stories. We get quantity AND quality!
Hayjude
A What

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum