New FCR Story - Washington Square part 1

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Re: New FCR Story - Washington Square part 1

Post by Hayjude on Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:34 am

I think Ranger said that there were 2 or 3 more chapters in Quarry Rock still. Don’t think that will be long enough to satisfy, Ranger. I really like your 50 chapter stories!

Hayjude
A What

Back to top Go down

Post by jefftd on Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:19 am

50 chapter stories are books, not short stories.  Personally, I am happy with whatever shows up for MEC and Washington Square at this point, since I think asking for more would run the authors too thin.

jefftd
Silver Bullet Engineer

http://brizbrizuri.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Hayjude on Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:12 pm

Oh, yes, I’m also more than happy with whatever they offer up. But I do prefer the books to the short stories. We get quantity AND quality!

Hayjude
A What

Back to top Go down

Post by Mell Eight on Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:32 pm

This was such a nice surprise on a Tuesday afternoon!  I loved the horse ranch and particularly the comparisons to shopping at the mall. 

I see a lot of similarities between Leila and Twinkle.  They're both used to a softer life, likely stubborn and used to getting their way, and suddenly everything is changed.  I have a feeling Leila's going to get help from a lot more than Dale.  There's a reason the board ousted her, and while part of it might be greed, there also might have been some mishandling on her part that made the board feel like they had to take her out.  Some time with Flynn working through some things likely wouldn't hurt, and just as Flynn is helping Twinkle with her attitude problems, Leila will get help too.  It's very similar to how Ivan is teaching Mason that being the biggest bully in the corral doesn't mean you're the top dog. 

I'm excited for the next installment!

Mell Eight
Foal

http://melleightfiction.weebly.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Jjkerner on Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:09 am

Dale can fix anything. But Leila isn't a client., she's a victim who needs Dale to find out the truth and take down the true criminals. They've stated they've had all kinds, straight, gay, bi, single, married. They've all seen a woman before, she's just a guest. I kinda hope it's just an easy couple day job for Dale. But that's the kind of brain knot Dale likes so Maybe it'll be the start of life on the ranch like Philip had. And I hope Dale's horse is one of Philip's.
Jjkerner

Back to top Go down

Post by KitKat5091 on Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:46 am

I really liked the description of the horse auction and the comparison with shopping in Cheyenne. Everything is better when there are horses involved! I loved Gareth, and Dale’s reaction to him. I found Twinkle AKA Miss Poutypants very funny and admired the way Flynn handled her - calmly but with authority.

For Leila, I think that she is a strong and confident character usually but I feel that she would be feeling unsettled and betrayed due to the situation. That first night will probably be the hardest for her but Paul would help her feel at ease as soon as she walked in. One point to consider from Leila’s perspective is that she will be a lone woman in a house full of strange men so a lock on her bedroom door or something to block it with will make her feel safer. Trust takes time and she won’t know what any of them are like until she gets to know them. I also think there will be a shopping trip in the very near future, I don’t think she would be particularly happy with borrowing clothes from anyone (even Clara) especially because she works in the fashion industry and would probably be particular about clothes. I also don’t think that she would recognise Dale but it will be interesting to see how they get on and how Dale solves her problem.

I am looking forward to reading more

KitKat5091

Back to top Go down

Post by Hayjude on Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:24 am

The more comments I read about what MIGHT happen, the more I want to find out what WILL happen. Very frustrating. Please hurry with more of this one, please, Rolf and Ranger. (Begging and pleading pitifully here, though I realize that never works!)
Hayjude
A What

Back to top Go down

Post by marie_176 on Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:23 am

This caught me right off.  I am so intrigued.  And I kind of don't want to give you any ideas of what you want because I'm just super-delighted to see what you'll do with it.  I love the idea of a mystery story mixed in and ... yay.

marie_176

Back to top Go down

Post by Zicat on Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:12 am

Hi, @marie_176. Belated Welcome!
I noticed you made a comment back in 2016 about your Thanksgiving, and I loved that your father cooks on a Weber BBQ and you sometimes use paper plates. We don't have Thanksgiving in Australia, but we do love to BBQ and, I for one, hate washing up. That's what paper plates and dishwashers are for, I always say. LOL
I also agree with the above comment, and will add my "yay".
Zicat
Honorary Ranch Family Member

Back to top Go down

Post by jkfan on Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:52 pm

I'll add my belated welcome to Cat's, @marie_176.  Please don't let so much time pass before you join in again.  I love hearing the different perspectives from all the forum members.
jkfan
A What

Back to top Go down

Post by Hayjude on Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:19 am

@jkfan wrote:I'll add my belated welcome to Cat's, @marie_176.  Please don't let so much time pass before you join in again.  I love hearing the different perspectives from all the forum members.

What she really means is that we should shut up and give someone else a chance, Cat! Hee, hee, not happening, Cheryl!! finger wave
Hayjude
A What

Back to top Go down

Post by Zicat on Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:29 am

Cheryl did say "...all the forum members" so I didn't hear a "shut up" directed at me personally.
Zicat

Back to top Go down

Post by Hayjude on Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:56 am

Ahh, you must read between the lines, grasshopper!
Hayjude
A What

Back to top Go down

Post by jkfan on Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:12 pm

@Hayjude and @zicat - that is SO not what I meant, but I know you know that!!  I love the banter as well as the discussions, so keep on doing what you're doing.  I'd join in more frequently if we were all on at the same time.  Even though I'm up until the wee hours, I've usually spent a lot of time on the computer during the day, and just need a break.  

My version of morning coffee is to log in to the forum, read the daily quote, and then catch up on what you two have been up to.   Very Happy
jkfan
A What

Back to top Go down

Post by Hayjude on Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:32 pm

Yes, we know you really love us! Good morning to you. 6am start today for a 2 hour drive - my daughter qualified for the Riverina Championship in swimming - she’s part of the freestyle relay team, so...yawn...!
Hayjude
A What

Back to top Go down

Post by Zicat on Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:55 pm

Congrats to your daughter, Judy. I'm up early as well. A possum has decided to camp right above our bedroom. He/she has been busy since well before 4am, so I'm yawning too. Will have to get up in the ceiling later and find it's nest and then where it is getting in and try to deter it from wanting to live with us. Unless it decides to pay rent. Free-loaders are not welcome here, especially the noisy ones who wish to party all night.
So pleased we are entertaining you over your morning coffee, Cheryl. As long as we're not boring you I am sure Judy and I will continue to make a nuisance of ourselves. Laughing
Zicat

Back to top Go down

Post by carinucha on Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:08 pm

Cat and Judy: I shudder to think what the both of you must have been like as schoolgirls! Poor teachers! They deserve a raise in retrospect! But, like Cheryl, I find your shenanigans highly entertaining.

carinucha
Silver Bullet Engineer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zicat on Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:21 pm

Carina, I was a quiet, shy, little introvert. A little like Dale. Not as studious as he, mind you, though I did love to read. Just not the books the schools recommended Wink
Zicat

Back to top Go down

Post by Dizzy on Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:47 pm

I often read your posts during downtime throughout the day, @Hayjude and @Zicat.  I have to smoother my laughter so that I’m not asked why I’m laughing!  I enjoy your posts so much!  I try to join in occassionally.  

Peace to you both and keep your spirits high!

Dizzy
Dizzy

http://dj-wl.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nonni on Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:33 pm

@Zicat wrote:Carina, I was a quiet, shy, little introvert. A little like Dale. Not as studious as he, mind you, though I did love to read. Just not the books the schools recommended Wink

Proves that it is the quiet ones you have to watch out for!   Laughing

Nonni
Stallion

Back to top Go down

Post by carinucha on Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:37 am

I used to be a mix of a bookish nerd and a tomboy myself, much to the despair of my mother that wanted to have a ladylike "proper" daughter.

carinucha
Silver Bullet Engineer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zicat on Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:42 am

I sometimes wonder if R&R aren't sorry they didn't make us fill out a Questionnaire before joining.

How would you describe yourself?: Oh, I'm rather shy and retiring and spend a lot of my free time reading.
Do you like to converse?: Converse? Are those the shoes? I think they're very comfortable looking but I don't own a pair.
Do you stay on Topic or tend to wander?: Oh, I try to stay on topic, I really do. Though I have heard the expression "she's away with the fairies", quite a lot when being discussed. I love fairies, and unicorns. Oh look, a butterfly. I love butterflies. I prefer butter in cooking but have used margarine when butter is not available.
Thank you for filling out this Questionnaire. Oh, you are very welcome, I would love to join your Forum. I'm a little shy and will probably lurk in the background for some time, I hope that won't be a problem? You don't have any members called Judy do you?
bounce
Zicat

Back to top Go down

Post by Nonni on Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:44 am

Cat, I am just rolling on the floor here!!  Good thing there is no one else in the room.  So so funny!

Nonni
Stallion

Back to top Go down

Post by Zicat on Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:45 am

@carinucha wrote:I used to be a mix of a bookish nerd and a tomboy myself, much to the despair of my mother that wanted to have a ladylike "proper" daughter.
My mother got the "proper daughter", a couple of them actually, and then she had me. Her favourite!  Laughing
Zicat

Back to top Go down

Post by Dizzy on Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:53 am

What delightful responses, @Zicat!!  You had me grinning like a loon!  

I’d just sent someone the picture I’ll post below.  Then I read how you are “off with the fairies”.  You go off with the fairies while I discuss the questions of the universe with dragons!

Dizzy

Dizzy

Back to top Go down

Post by jkfan on Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:54 am

OMG - @zicat.  That's a riot.  I have to agree about the questionaire.  Not sure I'd pass any serious vetting process.  Thank heavens the only real requirement is that we love the books and stories.
jkfan
A What

Back to top Go down

Post by jkfan on Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:05 am

@dizzy - I LOVE that.  All of you are cheering me up tonight.  My back and right knee have been hurting since last Thursday, and I've been pretty depressed about it.  You guys have been taking my mind off it.

We're expecting a blizzard Wednesday afternoon through Thursday.  NOT looking forward to that at all.  And it's the wet heavy snow.  Shoveling a place for my dogs to go in the back yard isn't going to help my back or my left shoulder rotator cuff problem - which was just starting to improve.
jkfan
A What

Back to top Go down

Post by Dizzy on Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:09 am

@jkfan wrote:@dizzy - I LOVE that.  All of you are cheering me up tonight.  My back and right knee have been hurting since last Thursday, and I've been pretty depressed about it.  You guys have been taking my mind off it.

We're expecting a blizzard Wednesday afternoon through Thursday.  NOT looking forward to that at all.  And it's the wet heavy snow.  Shoveling a place for my dogs to go in the back yard isn't going to help my back or my left shoulder rotator cuff problem - which was just starting to improve.

I just saw on the news you are forecasted more snow.  And it seems to be a pretty bad storm coming your way!   Please take care of you.  If there’s anyone you can call to do the digging, you maybe should do so.  Just until your back and knee are better.

Even though I’ve been to Maine and it was an amazing experience, it’s still the one place I say I always want to go to when asked that in an icebreaker.

I fell in love with that meme and now have it plastered as my laptop wallpaper. 

thoughts of healing to you, @jkfan!

Dizzy
Dizzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Zicat on Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:14 am

Oh Cheryl, so sorry to hear about your pain, but glad we can cheer you up a little. And here I though Judy was the only "pain" we had to put up with. Wink
Try not to overdo too much and I pray the snow and cold goes away soon and you get some lovely warm weather. Sending warm hugs.

Dizzy!! I love that Pic. It's like that with me and Fairies. I was taught to be polite and answer when spoken to. I also really love Dragons!! I want to live in Berk and fly on Night Fury! I think Astrid and I would be very good friends.
Zicat

Back to top Go down

Post by jkfan on Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:15 am

Thanks, @dizzy.  If I didn't have dogs to take care of, none of this would bother me.  I love them to death, but there are times I wish I was a cat lover rather than a dog lover.  I'm not a big fan of cleaning out a litter box, but it's a lot easier than getting the dogs outside when the weather's bad.
jkfan
A What

Back to top Go down

Post by jkfan on Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:20 am

Thanks, Cat.  I'm guessing you're referring to a book about dragons (living on Berk)?  The only dragon fantasy I ever read (and loved) was The Dragonriders of Pern.

What books are you referring to?
jkfan
A What

Back to top Go down

Post by Zicat on Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:25 am

How To Train Your Dragon. Movies and TV Shows. I have grandchildren so know all about the Riders Of Berk. And Frozen!!!!!!
Give me FCR any time! I'm off to read some more about Flynn, Dale, Riley, Jasper and Paul.
Zicat

Back to top Go down

Post by carinucha on Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:27 am

Love the picture, Dizzy! Where do you get them? You always have the most fabulous memes!
Cat: my rabbit trails are more highways than trails so if I don't get lost, I'll join you with the fairies mounted in my unicorn.
Cheryl: so sorry about your back, your knee and your rotator cuff! Don't get depressed, join the club! Have you tried massaging them with arnica oil and then put a heat pad for the oil to penetrate? It works for me and believe me, I have more broken than unbroken bones in my body. If all else fails, a good cognac, an espresso and chocolate mousse will take your mind from the pain...

carinucha
Silver Bullet Engineer

Back to top Go down

Post by Dizzy on Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:31 am

@Zicat, I believe that I’m part fae!  Fairies and dragons and unicorns live among us if only we open our eyes!  And we must answer them or we’d appear so rude!

Do you follow The World of James Browne on FB or Instagram?  Just beautiful pictures.

I love Astrid!!  

I think Dale and Jasper see the fairies and elves right along side of the Whats.

Dizzy
Dizzy

Back to top Go down

Post by carinucha on Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:33 am

@Zicat wrote:
@carinucha wrote:I used to be a mix of a bookish nerd and a tomboy myself, much to the despair of my mother that wanted to have a ladylike "proper" daughter.
My mother got the "proper daughter", a couple of them actually, and then she had me. Her favourite!  Laughing
My sister died when we were children so my poor mother was stuck with me.  affraid However, she learned to deal with my eccentricities over time (although she almost had a heart attack when I disembarked with six body guards en route to a war zone). The lads though appreciated my un-ladylike qualities in said space....

carinucha
Silver Bullet Engineer

Back to top Go down

Post by Dizzy on Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:34 am

@carinucha wrote:Love the picture, Dizzy! Where do you get them? You always have the most fabulous memes!
Cat: my rabbit trails are more highways than trails so if I don't get lost, I'll join you with the fairies mounted in my unicorn.
Cheryl: so sorry about your back, your knee and your rotator cuff! Don't get depressed, join the club! Have you tried massaging them with arnica oil and then put a heat pad for the oil to penetrate? It works for me and believe me, I have more broken than unbroken bones in my body. If all else fails, a good cognac, an espresso and chocolate mousse will take your mind from the pain...

I don’t have a specific place I get memes, @carinucha.  My Neanderthal sends some to me throughout the day.  I think retirement is driving him crazy so he likes to send me things to give me smiles.  

Occassionally I’ll make one or two myself.  

I’m so glad you like them.  We need to be sharing more smiles with each other!  The world would be a much happier place if we did!

Peace to you dear @carinucha!

Dizzy
Dizzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Nonni on Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:38 am

@jkfan wrote:Thanks, Cat.  I'm guessing you're referring to a book about dragons (living on Berk)?  The only dragon fantasy I ever read (and loved) was The Dragonriders of Pern.

What books are you referring to?

Oh how I loved Dragonriders of Pern!!! I read that so many many years ago. 
hmmm - time to go find them and read again!

Nonni
Stallion

Back to top Go down

Post by carinucha on Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:39 am

Fully agree, Dizzy. The world is always a better place when you smile. And you make me smile quite a lot with your comments, your kindness and your memes...as well as with our shared subversive and vocal love of coffee.
By the way, if you love dragons, have you read the Verania series by TJ Klune? Peace to you too, darling

carinucha
Silver Bullet Engineer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zicat on Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:42 am

@carinucha wrote:
@Zicat wrote:
My sister died when we were children so my poor mother was stuck with me.  affraid However, she learned to deal with my eccentricities over time (although she almost had a heart attack when I disembarked with six body guards en route to a war zone). The lads though appreciated my un-ladylike qualities in said space....
So sorry to hear about your sister, but I am sure your mother loves you no matter what. My mother had a daughter 2 years before I was born but she only lived a couple of days and Mother never forgot her. I have a niece named after her. And my mother loved Tomboys, so she would have loved you.
Zicat

Back to top Go down

Post by Dizzy on Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:44 am

@carinucha wrote:Fully agree, Dizzy. The world is always a better place when you smile. And you make me smile quite a lot with your comments, your kindness and your memes...as well as with our shared subversive and vocal love of coffee.
By the way, if you love dragons, have you read the Verania series by TJ Klune? Peace to you too, darling

Oh, yes!  I’ve read everything from TJ Klune!  LOVE all of their books!!

I’ve never met a coffee I didn’t love, she said sipping on a fresh cup as she typed.  LOL!

I’m sorry about the loss of your sister.  I do love that you seem to have an adventurous spirit!  Running off to war zones with 6 lads.  No wonder your mother had a heart attack!

Dizzy
Dizzy

Back to top Go down

Post by carinucha on Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:09 am

I am short and stocky and they were all tall, young, handsome Brits so we looked like a rugby team...they were the players, I was the ball:bball: in the center of their formation.

carinucha
Silver Bullet Engineer

Back to top Go down

Post by Hayjude on Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:49 am

@Zicat wrote:Oh Cheryl, so sorry to hear about your pain, but glad we can cheer you up a little. And here I though Judy was the only "pain" we had to put up with. Wink
Try not to overdo too much and I pray the snow and cold goes away soon and you get some lovely warm weather. Sending warm hugs.

Dizzy!! I love that Pic. It's like that with me and Fairies. I was taught to be polite and answer when spoken to. I also really love Dragons!! I want to live in Berk and fly on Night Fury! I think Astrid and I would be very good friends.

Goodness, off the air for a few hours and scorn and vitriol is heaped upon my poor head! My daughter’s team won their relay heat - depends on time to see if they progress to State Championships. I sort of hope not - that will mean a plane flight to Sydney.
Hayjude
A What

Back to top Go down

Post by Zicat on Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:01 am

Congrats to your daughter! What scorn and vitriol?? Who did that? I know it wasn't me as I only tell the truth.
Zicat

Back to top Go down

Post by Hayjude on Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:03 am

taunting
Hayjude
A What

Back to top Go down

Post by carinucha on Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:02 am

Judy: 1. Congrats to your daughter; 2. Shame on you! As if you were not eager to go to Sydney with said daughter; 3. Vitriol? Scorn? Don't poke us! Cheers, Carina

carinucha
Silver Bullet Engineer

Back to top Go down

Post by Hayjude on Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:00 am

Carina: 1. Thanks, yes, very proud of her - lots of praise and positive reinforcement given; 2. She’s not a professional swimmer, not interested in training in the pool and gets by on her own natural talent. The caliber of the kids who do State Swimming is incredible and she is totally outclassed and she realizes this. 3. Speak to Cat - she’s been picking on me, Mum! Cheers, Judy
Hayjude
A What

Back to top Go down

Post by Zicat on Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:41 am

@Hayjude wrote:Carina: 1. Thanks, yes, very proud of her - lots of praise and positive reinforcement given; 2. She’s not a professional swimmer, not interested in training in the pool and gets by on her own natural talent. The caliber of the kids who do State Swimming is incredible and she is totally outclassed and she realizes this. 3. Speak to Cat - she’s been picking on me, Mum! Cheers, Judy
Sooky baby, tattle tale!
Zicat

Back to top Go down

Post by Hayjude on Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:54 am

Well, Carina is a professional negotiator, used to sorting out nasty situations in war torn climes. If she can’t help us, no one can!
Hayjude
A What

Back to top Go down

Post by Zicat on Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:47 pm

@Hayjude wrote:Well, Carina is a professional negotiator, used to sorting out nasty situations in war torn climes. If she can’t help us, no one can!
We don't need a negotiator.
Zicat

Back to top Go down

Post by Hayjude on Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:01 am

Pleased to hear it. Hugs.
Hayjude
A What

Back to top Go down

Post by kmc1389@msn.com on Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:23 pm

This was a nice surprise for when I got home. I am intrigued and excited to see where this goes.
kmc1389@msn.com
Coyote

Back to top Go down

Post by Hayjude on Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:14 am

As are we all, Kim. Do you think we’ve given the authors enough suggestions for future direction? I don’t really care what happens....I just want MORE....please.
Hayjude
A What

Back to top Go down

Post by jkfan on Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:09 am

@Hayjude wrote:As are we all, Kim. Do you think we’ve given the authors enough suggestions for future direction? I don’t really care what happens....I just want MORE....please.
Jeff started a list of all the ideas we had about the direction we thought the story would take.  It was quite a list!!

http://fallschanceranch.forumotion.co.uk/t2110-suggestion-for-washington-square-direction#33567

Here's the link.
jkfan
A What

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum