New FCR Story - Washington Square part 1

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Re: New FCR Story - Washington Square part 1

Post by kmc1389@msn.com on Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:23 pm

This was a nice surprise for when I got home. I am intrigued and excited to see where this goes.

kmc1389@msn.com
Coyote

Back to top Go down

Post by Hayjude on Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:14 am

As are we all, Kim. Do you think we’ve given the authors enough suggestions for future direction? I don’t really care what happens....I just want MORE....please.

Hayjude
A What

Back to top Go down

Post by jkfan on Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:09 am

@Hayjude wrote:As are we all, Kim. Do you think we’ve given the authors enough suggestions for future direction? I don’t really care what happens....I just want MORE....please.
Jeff started a list of all the ideas we had about the direction we thought the story would take.  It was quite a list!!

http://fallschanceranch.forumotion.co.uk/t2110-suggestion-for-washington-square-direction#33567

Here's the link.

jkfan
A What

Back to top Go down

Post by Hayjude on Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:54 am

Yep, seen that, thanks, Cheryl. Now we just need another chapter to spark us up again!
Hayjude
A What

Back to top Go down

Post by Hayjude on Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:20 pm

@carinucha wrote:OK, to summarize, now that we have slowly transformed the Ranch into a petting zoo with dogs, cats, hens, (why not llamas -mystical animals for Jay- and koala bears -they are so cuddly, I always wanted to have one myself?), sent the financial reporters, paparazzi and FBI/US Marshalls to the doorstep of the Ranch, and established flight plans and fees for Dale's services plus procured clothes for Leila that might involve Clara and lead to either Leila and Clara becoming BFF or something more romantic, determined that if the stranger is Darcy and he didn't make a phone call to alert Flynn we might see Darcy disappear altogether from future Ranch stories because he has not long to live (him being strangled either by Luath or Flynn or even Paul being still a matter to be determined), if it is a new somebody we might see a network of allies and confederates to the Ranch being reconstituted, what is next? How does the Leila story line tie with the horses story line and the mysterious communication between Gareth and Dale?

Yes, Cari, I want to know all that too!
If you subscribe to Jeff’s theory we could see a nephew of Flynn’s also turning up on the Ranch doorstep. That Ranch out back of beyond may seem like Pitt St sometimes!

Last edited by Hayjude on Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:03 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Further thought)
Hayjude
A What

Back to top Go down

Post by Hayjude on Fri Mar 23, 2018 4:01 am

@Denicemarcell wrote:I thought they had an elk herd? Or just a wolf pack and stray cougars?
Twinkle could be renamed Trouble.
I want this Leila to be as strong as the Doctor Who companion (whose name was possibly spelled differently ) I think she will be.
Brain not buying clues last night, now I do agree the mystery fashion plate is Darcy.
@Lindawarner do you think the correct stud book will fall in the study?

I agree with you, Denice about the Leila in Doctor Who - she was a warrior - not a wimpy woman. Could really take care of herself. I remember an episode where she took on Jack the Ripper with just a dagger and he was not impressed with her as a victim - said she was all muscle!
Also Linda’s notion of Gareth being bred by Philip - what a fascinating storyline. Please Ranger, don’t want to be a pest but any idea when you’ll have another bit ready? It’s such a great story so far.
Hayjude
A What

Back to top Go down

Post by Ranger52899 on Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:48 am

Jude I'm sorry but we really can't give you promises or work to deadlines. Rolf and I hold down full time jobs, which are very demanding ones, with early spring being for Rolf a time of year at work where eating and sleeping are tough enough to get around to,  and I live with a very unpredictbale chronic illness. Writing is something we do for fun and sometimes the long periods between bits are because we just don't have time to get together or energy to write. 

As soon as we have a piece to go we post it. I know you're dying to see more, I'd love to be able to help, but really we are doing the best we can.
Ranger52899
Womble in Charge
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Hayjude on Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:05 am

Oh, I more than understand....my own job is crazy busy at the moment and I didn’t mean to harass you or Rolf - heaven forbid. You’re so generous with your writing it’s incredible. I really love the MEC continuance as well. Thank you for what you do post. It’s so much adored and appreciated. Not another word about it - I promise. Hugs.
not listening
Hayjude
A What

Back to top Go down

Post by hana_vlc on Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:26 pm

@Lindawarner wrote:I think Gareth was bred by Philip.
His origins are just waiting to be discovered in one of the books in the study. So many wonderful possibilities for interactions with Dale and Philip. Hope i'm right. No matter what I love that Dale has the pet  a lot of us had been longing to see. Just a little bigger than the dog we had in mind.
OK. This is not about this beautiful story, only reaction to Lindawarner's comment: I am pretty sure they need a CAT at Ranch. Big cat who doesn't respect Flynn's authority too much, but respects Paul as a King of the Kitchen and Food Provider. Paul's cat, sharing home with him when he cooks and takes care about house during the time others work outside...
Yes, I am cat person...
hana_vlc

Back to top Go down

Post by hana_vlc on Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:02 pm

Thanks for wonderful beginnig, I hope this story will be continued!

I want to try and give my input, even if this is long time after you published this... And probably there are similar ideas in some previous comments.

So - I suppose Leila can live in a bunkhouse. She is not the first woman spending some time at Ranch, there are visiting mothers and partners of clients here, so our beloved cowboys have to be prepared for such visits in some way. And because Paul is always ready for any people in need, I wouldn't be surprised if there were even some t-shirts, basic boots for home...

And I know personaly some women working in "men's world" and they have to be twice as tought as men if they want to be successful. So I suppose Leila is dominant and sharp and she is a fighter. I think she would try to push Dale, seeing him as a kind of "detective nerd" (sorry for the word, I am not meaning it bad), and she would cross the swords with Flynn and probably Paul about that, because tops will set timetable for Dale... And she would be probably ?yelled? at by Riley... But I am sure she is a good person, considering she is a friend of ?Darcy?

So many possibilities!

And the new horses... Wow!
hana_vlc

Back to top Go down

Post by jkfan on Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:57 pm

It will be really interesting to see the direction this story takes.  I loved the part about the horses as well, and I also agree that Paul will have the situation well in hand with spare clothes, some comfort food, and a mug of tea.  

I'm delighted to see your post, Hana.  And once again- welcome.
jkfan
A What

Back to top Go down

Post by Zicat on Fri Sep 28, 2018 11:21 pm

Welcome, Hana. It is great to hear another person's view on these stories. And it's good to meet another cat lover.
Cheers, Cat
Zicat
Honorary Ranch Family Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Hayjude on Sat Sep 29, 2018 12:28 am

@hana_vlc wrote:
@Lindawarner wrote:I think Gareth was bred by Philip.
His origins are just waiting to be discovered in one of the books in the study. So many wonderful possibilities for interactions with Dale and Philip. Hope i'm right. No matter what I love that Dale has the pet  a lot of us had been longing to see. Just a little bigger than the dog we had in mind.
OK. This is not about this beautiful story, only reaction to Lindawarner's comment: I am pretty sure they need a CAT at Ranch. Big cat who doesn't respect Flynn's authority too much, but respects Paul as a King of the Kitchen and Food Provider. Paul's cat, sharing home with him when he cooks and takes care about house during the time others work outside...
Yes, I am cat person...
Argh....another cat person! You’ve been talking to @zicat haven’t you?
PS I’m not a cat lover - well, we can’t all be!

Hayjude
A What

Back to top Go down

Post by Zicat on Sat Sep 29, 2018 12:44 am

I don't need to recruit other cat lovers, @Hayjude. We are everywhere!! Do you like my Cowgirl Cat pic? (hehehe)
I think Riley would love it.
Zicat

Back to top Go down

Post by jkfan on Sat Sep 29, 2018 12:51 am

Not a cat lover either - but I DO like the idea of Paul having some company when he's cooking and cleaning, and I can actually see a cat curled up on his lap purring while he writes.  It would have to be an indoor/outdoor cat because Paul has enough to do without cleaning out a litter box.

For a big cat - how about a Maine Coon Cat?  

Although I can't imagine Paul being comfortable with one sitting on his lap.  Maybe a small bed in Paul's office for the cat.  At least he'd have the company and the comforting sound of purring.
jkfan
A What

Back to top Go down

Post by Hayjude on Sat Sep 29, 2018 12:58 am

Oh good grief, no! If he must have a cat make it a small cute one...
Hayjude
A What

Back to top Go down

Post by Mell Eight on Sat Sep 29, 2018 1:17 am

@Hayjude wrote:Oh good grief, no! If he must have a cat make it a small cute one.

They already have a ridiculously cute mini-horse visiting.  How many small and cute things do they really need? ;p  That said, I've always been a bit surprised they don't have a few mousers hanging around the hay barns.  Mice in the hay would be a big problem for the ranch.

Mell Eight
Foal

http://melleightfiction.weebly.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by jkfan on Sat Sep 29, 2018 2:03 am

Mell - Mabel is only one small cute thing, and she's just visiting (although I WISH she'd stay permanently), so there's definitely room for a few more small cute things.

Maine Coon Cats start out small and cute:  

jkfan
A What

Back to top Go down

Post by Hayjude on Sat Sep 29, 2018 2:11 am

The relevant part there is “start out”, Cheryl. A baby anything is always cute - such a shame they grow up so fast.
My mum once had the cutest baby goat that she called Angelina. The nanny goat that she turned into wasn’t half as adorable - cranky old thing!
Hayjude
A What

Back to top Go down

Post by jkfan on Sat Sep 29, 2018 2:31 am

@Hayjude wrote:The relevant part there is “start out”, Cheryl. A baby anything is always cute - such a shame they grow up so fast.

You're absolutely right, Judy, although the females top off at 12-13 pounds, which isn't TOO bad.  The males can grow to almost 20 pounds.  My dogs weigh less than that!!
jkfan
A What

Back to top Go down

Post by JL on Sat Sep 29, 2018 2:42 am

I have a 17 pound cat and he's still adorable Smile
JL-
JL

https://storiesbyjl.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Hayjude on Sat Sep 29, 2018 3:04 am

But you’re ANOTHER cat person, JL....!
Hayjude
A What

Back to top Go down

Post by Zicat on Sat Sep 29, 2018 5:46 am

Just repeating myself, we cat lovers are everywhere, Judy. Bwaaahahaha

I would love to cuddle with JL's cat. I bet he keeps you warm in winter, JL. I miss having a cat, but Hubby says no more until we come home after our holiday. Which isn't until June NEXT YEAR!!!! Sheesh! (Paul said not to use words starting with "f", so sheesh is acceptable.Wink )
Zicat

Back to top Go down

Post by Hayjude on Sat Sep 29, 2018 7:06 am

Where will you holiday, Cat? We’re off to the UK and France in April....Can’t wait....!
Hayjude
A What

Back to top Go down

Post by Zicat on Sat Sep 29, 2018 7:15 am

Daughter's Winter Wedding in Adelaide. Yikes!! Brrr.  We did all our overseas holidaying before we had kids, and grand kids. Now we're too broke. ROFL
Zicat

Back to top Go down

Post by Hayjude on Sat Sep 29, 2018 7:33 am

Oh, of course. Didn’t you tell them that Brisbane would be a lovely place for a wedding?
Hayjude
A What

Back to top Go down

Post by Zicat on Sat Sep 29, 2018 8:01 am

I did. They didn't listen. Typical kids.
Zicat

Back to top Go down

Post by hana_vlc on Sat Sep 29, 2018 1:27 pm

I think main coon is too big. And I would see a normal cat. Paul would not plan to have one, I see one of them (Jasper? That would be funny) finding an abandoned kitten Smile
hana_vlc

Back to top Go down

Post by Hayjude on Sat Sep 29, 2018 3:30 pm

All cat lovers...please...you’re making me feel queasy!!
Hayjude
A What

Back to top Go down

Post by Nonni on Sat Sep 29, 2018 4:45 pm

@jkfan wrote:Not a cat lover either - but I DO like the idea of Paul having some company when he's cooking and cleaning, and I can actually see a cat curled up on his lap purring while he writes.  It would have to be an indoor/outdoor cat because Paul has enough to do without cleaning out a litter box.

For a big cat - how about a Maine Coon Cat?  

Although I can't imagine Paul being comfortable with one sitting on his lap.  Maybe a small bed in Paul's office for the cat.  At least he'd have the company and the comforting sound of purring.

I just saw a large bobcat (size of a small Mountain Lion!) crossing the road last week.  Here kitty kitty.   Twisted Evil

Nonni
Polar Bear Wrangler

Back to top Go down

Post by jkfan on Sat Sep 29, 2018 4:53 pm

@hana_vlc wrote:I think main coon is too big. And I would see a normal cat. Paul would not plan to have one, I see one of them (Jasper? That would be funny) finding an abandoned kitten Smile
I like that idea, hana - Jasper finding a stray kitten and bringing it home to Paul.  No WAY would Paul be able to say no.

And on behalf of dog lovers everywhere - I think they need another dog on the ranch.
jkfan
A What

Back to top Go down

Post by Mell Eight on Sat Sep 29, 2018 5:02 pm

@jkfan wrote:
@hana_vlc wrote:I think main coon is too big. And I would see a normal cat. Paul would not plan to have one, I see one of them (Jasper? That would be funny) finding an abandoned kitten Smile
I like that idea, hana - Jasper finding a stray kitten and bringing it home to Paul.  No WAY would Paul be able to say no.

And on behalf of dog lovers everywhere - I think they need another dog on the ranch.

After seeing Paul with the baby sheep in his kitchen, yeah, there's no way he would say no to a kitten.  There's also no way he would say no to a puppy.  Given there was a mention that they needed a new dog now that they had one more permanent person living at the ranch, I do see a puppy happening in the near future.  Maybe adding a kitten to that mix would add a nice bit of drama to that adventure?

Mell Eight
Foal

http://melleightfiction.weebly.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by BusiaG23 on Sat Sep 29, 2018 5:13 pm

Can you imagine a kitten deciding Flynn was his???
BusiaG23
Foal

Back to top Go down

Post by Dizzy on Sat Sep 29, 2018 5:21 pm

@BusiaG23 wrote:Can you imagine a kitten deciding Flynn was his???

I love that!  A little kitten kneading and pawing on Flynn’s lap!  

Dizzy
Dizzy

http://dj-wl.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jkfan on Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:14 pm

Now that IS a picture, dizzy.  I have to laugh.  I wonder if, like the new chair,  it would take him a while to notice.  I think the kitten would have to fight Riley for lap time.  Dale would readily cede his time to the kitten.
jkfan
A What

Back to top Go down

Post by Hayjude on Sun Sep 30, 2018 12:43 am

@jkfan wrote:Now that IS a picture, dizzy.  I have to laugh.  I wonder if, like the new chair,  it would take him a while to notice.  
I think it totally depends on just WHERE it was kneading and pawing!
Hayjude
A What

Back to top Go down

Post by jkfan on Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:55 am

@Hayjude wrote:
@jkfan wrote:Now that IS a picture, dizzy.  I have to laugh.  I wonder if, like the new chair,  it would take him a while to notice.  
I think it totally depends on just WHERE it was kneading and pawing!
I had the exact same thought, Judy.  Some kitty claws digging in someplace rather personal would be very hard for Flynn to ignore. Wink
jkfan
A What

Back to top Go down

Post by Dizzy on Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:28 am

@jkfan wrote:Now that IS a picture, dizzy.  I have to laugh.  I wonder if, like the new chair,  it would take him a while to notice.  I think the kitten would have to fight Riley for lap time.  Dale would readily cede his time to the kitten.

Oh, I’d forgotten that scene!  Thanks for the reminder, @jkfan!  I don’t know if you’ve ever seen the old cartoon where there’s a big bad dog and a little kitten.  The kitten kneads until he’s made a little bed in the dog’s fur.  I see Flynn being the big bad dog not daring to disturb the little feline!  Of course he’d be gruff, but everyone would see through him.

Dizzy
Dizzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Dizzy on Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:31 am

@Hayjude wrote:I think it totally depends on just WHERE it was kneading and pawing!

No place too dangerous or intimate, @Hayjude.  Some places are just for Paul, Jasper, Riley, and Dale.....and my imagination.  Wink

Peace!
Dizzy
Dizzy

Back to top Go down

Post by JL on Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:18 pm

JL

https://storiesbyjl.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by jkfan on Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:37 pm

I LOVE that picture of the cat with the little cowboy hat in the Stetson.  He (or she) is ranch ready for sure.
jkfan
A What

Back to top Go down

Post by jkfan on Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:43 pm

@Dizzy wrote:
@jkfan wrote:Now that IS a picture, dizzy.  I have to laugh.  I wonder if, like the new chair,  it would take him a while to notice.  I think the kitten would have to fight Riley for lap time.  Dale would readily cede his time to the kitten.

Oh, I’d forgotten that scene!  Thanks for the reminder, @jkfan!  I don’t know if you’ve ever seen the old cartoon where there’s a big bad dog and a little kitten.  The kitten kneads until he’s made a little bed in the dog’s fur.  I see Flynn being the big bad dog not daring to disturb the little feline!  Of course he’d be gruff, but everyone would see through him.

Dizzy
The scene I have in mind is Flynn petting the kitten absentmindedly for a few days, then suddenly looking up in surprise and asking Paul, "When did we get a kitten?"

When I was very young, we had a german shepherd and two siamese cats.  The female had a litter of three kittens, and I remember that she and the male would go outside and leave the kittens with the shepherd - who'd be curled up in a pool of sunlight with the kittens in the middle.  Sometimes, they'd crawl up on him and do just what you describe - make a little nest in the dog's fur.  It still amazes me that he was so good-natured about it and that the momma and daddy cats were fine leaving their kittens with him.
jkfan
A What

Back to top Go down

Post by Dizzy on Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:27 am

I love the image of Flynn you bring to mind, @jkfan!  I also love the selection you shared in the daily quote!  I’ve a soft spot for grouchy Neanderthals.  

There must be something about German shepherds!  We had one when I was little and he’d steal our mama cats kittens!  He loved them so much.   He’d sneak in and get them and curl up with them much like you described!   It was the most endearing sight to see this big dog curled up around these itty bitty kittens!

Peace!

Dizzy
Dizzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Zicat on Mon Oct 01, 2018 2:20 am

I had a German Shepherd that loved cats as well, Dizzy & Cheryl. Big savage beasty brought down by little bitty furry meowy things, so I can imagine a cat having the same effect on big, tough Neanderthal, Flynn.
Zicat

Back to top Go down

Post by ajbird on Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:27 am

I keep checking back here, hoping for more bits of this very intriguing story. So much to speculate about. How is Paul going to kit out a woman, for one thing? And a psychic horse is such a good match for Dale — where is that going to go? (Maybe he can help Dale zoom in on the whats.) And surely the man who advised Leila is Darcy, which means he’ll probably be heading for the ranch. And a forensic challenge for Dale is always good reading...

I have been in a great deal of pain recently, and am probably headed for abdominal surgery this week, and (as always), the ranch has come to my rescue. Just finished through the last bits of MEC this morning, and am now hunting up the stories again. I keep thinking it is time for Volume 3 of the ranch stories, since some of the uncompiled ones are a challenge to locate!

Thanks as always, Ranger and Rolf, for the wealth of material you have created for us here. No matter how many times I reread this world, I still cry, and smile and can’t easily put the tablet down.
ajbird
Sheepdog

Back to top Go down

Post by jkfan on Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:39 am

@ajbird- I'm so sorry to hear you're unwell and that surgery might be indicated.  I hope with all my heart that things go smoothly and that you recover quickly.

I don't know if you spotted the latest short story Where the Stock Pot Sings.  There's a search bar in the upper right of the screen, just under the Falls Chance Ranch banner.  Type in stock pot (two words) and you'll get the link to the story.
jkfan
A What

Back to top Go down

Post by ajbird on Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:44 am

Thank you, Cheryl! It would be nice to know what is going on, and even nicer to be out of pain and able to eat solid food again.

I pretty much haunt this forum every day, and much enjoyed the Paul snippet you mention. Of course, it would be a challenge to find a snippet I haven’t enjoyed. I laid my ereader down a couple of days ago, and it went to sleep, displaying the title page. My husband glanced at it, and just shook his head. “You’re heading up Everest _again_?” But, of course.

I am painfully eager to find out what lies ahead in MEC. Especially that letter to Rupert. Oh, my.

-Andrea
ajbird
Sheepdog

Back to top Go down

Post by BBNY on Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:16 am

Andrea, have you found this site yet? 
rolfandranger.blogspot.com/
Most of the stories are there, and easy to find and read.  There are also stories by Rolf and/or Ranger that are not FCR related.
Also, have you seen The Bookcase here, where you can download the books?

BBNY
Sheepdog

Back to top Go down

Post by BBNY on Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:17 am

Andrea, have you found this site yet? 
rolfandranger.blogspot.com/
Most of the stories are there, and easy to find and read.  There are also stories by Rolf and/or Ranger that are not FCR related.
Also, have you seen The Bookcase here, where you can download the books?

BBNY
Sheepdog

Back to top Go down

Post by Hayjude on Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:23 am

Andrea, so sorry to hear your health ills. My own mother is still facing some tricky surgery to develop a line where dialysis can be delivered, her veins not being the best. It’s awful to have that hanging over you.  I hope you come through all this feeling healthy and well again. 
I also so enjoyed the start of Washington Square and am impatiently waiting for more to be written, but our authors are quite snowed under with RL at present.
Hayjude
A What

Back to top Go down

Post by ajbird on Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:47 am

Thanks, BBNY. The Bookcase and I are old friends! I have all the pieces from there on both my ereader and tablet.

Since I read all the stories since the last collection as they have come out in the various threads on the forum, I tend to go looking for them there first. I have used the blog page, but I keep forgetting about the links there. So thanks for the reminder!

Judy, I hear what you are saying about RL and our authors. I hope everything is okay? Reality can knock down the best plans and intentions. What did Marvin say..”Life... Don’t talk to me about Life.” (THHGTTG). We, of course, can retreat to comfort re-reads of our ranch books when our lives get too stressful. I wonder what R&R’s go-to books are, when RL is hammering them?

-Andrea
ajbird
Sheepdog

Back to top Go down

Post by Hayjude on Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:15 am

Check the thread Book Recommendations as Ranger listed some of her favourite reads and authors there. 
Another handy line from Marvin was....”Oh God, I’m SO depressed”. Clearly a failure in the A1 eternal optimist stakes! And Ashleigh Brilliant once said...”No, life isn’t what I wanted. Haven’t you got anything else?”
Hayjude
A What

Back to top Go down

Post by Nonni on Wed Oct 03, 2018 4:35 am

Oh my!! I love the Ashleigh Brilliant quote. My daughter was talking to me tonight about how she feels like such a failure (even though she just bought a house, has a great rewarding job, and a lovely partner, etc) because she can't keep up with the mold and mildew this summer. I reminded her that this has been one of the wettest most humid summers here New England. I think that quote might help her and give her a bit of a laugh.

Nonni
Polar Bear Wrangler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum