New FCR Story - Washington Square part 1

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Go down

Re: New FCR Story - Washington Square part 1

Post by ajbird on Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:47 am

Thanks, BBNY. The Bookcase and I are old friends! I have all the pieces from there on both my ereader and tablet.

Since I read all the stories since the last collection as they have come out in the various threads on the forum, I tend to go looking for them there first. I have used the blog page, but I keep forgetting about the links there. So thanks for the reminder!

Judy, I hear what you are saying about RL and our authors. I hope everything is okay? Reality can knock down the best plans and intentions. What did Marvin say..”Life... Don’t talk to me about Life.” (THHGTTG). We, of course, can retreat to comfort re-reads of our ranch books when our lives get too stressful. I wonder what R&R’s go-to books are, when RL is hammering them?

-Andrea

ajbird
Sheepdog

Back to top Go down

Post by Hayjude on Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:15 am

Check the thread Book Recommendations as Ranger listed some of her favourite reads and authors there. 
Another handy line from Marvin was....”Oh God, I’m SO depressed”. Clearly a failure in the A1 eternal optimist stakes! And Ashleigh Brilliant once said...”No, life isn’t what I wanted. Haven’t you got anything else?”

Hayjude
A What

Back to top Go down

Post by Nonni on Wed Oct 03, 2018 3:35 am

Oh my!! I love the Ashleigh Brilliant quote. My daughter was talking to me tonight about how she feels like such a failure (even though she just bought a house, has a great rewarding job, and a lovely partner, etc) because she can't keep up with the mold and mildew this summer. I reminded her that this has been one of the wettest most humid summers here New England. I think that quote might help her and give her a bit of a laugh.

Nonni
Flynn's Personal Christmas Shopper

Back to top Go down

Post by ajbird on Wed Oct 03, 2018 5:33 am

I love that quote, too. I had not heard it before.

I also live in New England. And guess what? It is raining. Again.
ajbird
ajbird
Sheepdog

Back to top Go down

Post by Hayjude on Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:41 am

Just thought I would give you a few more Brilliant Thoughts by Ashleigh Brilliant....

If only I could get that wonderful feeling of accomplishment without having to accomplish anything.

I don’t understand you.....you don’t understand me.....What else do we have in common.

There’s nothing very mysterious about me, except that nobody really knows my origin, purpose or destination.

I am currently going through a difficult transition period called “Life”.

If I can survive death I can probably survive anything.

I can do without the essentials, but I must have my luxuries (Cue Coffee here, Dizzy!)

And my personal favorite is....

I feel much better now that I’ve given up hope.
Hayjude
Hayjude
A What

Back to top Go down

Post by ajbird on Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:45 pm

Love the last one, especially. Although not a particularly happy thought just at the moment, as I am in the hospital being prepped for bowel surgery. I feel like Gerry with his phone right before he is wheeled into the ER...

Back anon. (I hope!)
ajbird
ajbird
Sheepdog

Back to top Go down

Post by jkfan on Wed Oct 03, 2018 3:54 pm

Gerry came out of his surgery fine, aj, so I'm hoping you do too.  You probably won't see this until after the surgery, but, when you're up to it,  please let us know how things went.
jkfan
jkfan
A What

Back to top Go down

Post by Ranger52899 on Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:10 pm

Feel better AJ, hope it's all gone easily and well
Ranger52899
Ranger52899
Womble in Charge
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Hayjude on Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:46 pm

I hope you feel much better soon, AJ.
Hayjude
Hayjude
A What

Back to top Go down

Post by Dizzy on Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:39 pm

Sending you tons of healing thoughts and the best thoughts of strength and comfort for you, @ajbird.  

Peace to you!

Dizzy
Dizzy
Dizzy
Honorary Ranch Family Member

http://dj-wl.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Zicat on Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:40 pm

Hope everything went well with the surgery, Aj. Sending healing thoughts for a speedy recovery.
Cheers, Cat
Zicat
Zicat
A What

Back to top Go down

Post by Zicat on Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:43 pm

I think I relate to this one, Judy:
I am currently going through a difficult transition period called “Life”.
Cheers, Cat
Zicat
Zicat
A What

Back to top Go down

Post by Dizzy on Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:25 am

@Hayjude wrote:
I can do without the essentials, but I must have my luxuries (Cue Coffee here, Dizzy!)

And my personal favorite is....

I feel much better now that I’ve given up hope.

@Hayjude.   I’m just shaking my head here.  I think we’ve had this discussion in the coffee meme thread. Coffe is NOT a luxury!! It is a necessity.  It is the elixir of life. It is essential!!  LOL!!!

I had kind of a rough time today and I said your personal favorite quote.   My Neanderthal growled at me.  It kind of became a thing.  I like your favorite quote too, but will only say it here.  

Peace to you!!

Dizzy
Dizzy
Dizzy
Honorary Ranch Family Member

http://dj-wl.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Hayjude on Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:55 am

Your Neanderthal must have been having an extra tough day as well, Dizzy. It really is meant to be said lightheartedly and very much tongue in cheek...Just have a coffee!

Last edited by Hayjude on Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Hayjude
Hayjude
A What

Back to top Go down

Post by Nonni on Thu Oct 04, 2018 5:32 am

Love the quotes Judy!
Dizzy, sorry you got growled at
AJ, hope things went well today and
you recover quickly!

Nonni
Flynn's Personal Christmas Shopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Andra on Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:10 pm

Joining the party late, and without the stamina to read nine pages (!) of comments, so here's my unqualified 2 cents:

I'm caught by the comment that she's had to fight hard for what she's needed before, and she's ready to do it again. She's just been betrayed by her board, rescued by someone she might be able to trust, and sent off to who knows where with the slight hope that someone can help. She's in full fight mode, so I can see some knee jerk defensiveness, and a need to prove that she's not only innocent, but that she's not a simpering victim who needs to be rescued - she just needs help to figure out how her board has done this. Probably some reluctance to accept "charity" in the way of clothes and toiletries, even though she has nothing, with an expectation that she'll have to pay for the help in some way (although I don't see her offering or even considering *ahem* sexual favors, especially if the man in the initial scene is, in fact, Darcy]. If you add in any kind of PTSD from her past, then accepting help, even believing that she is worthy of help without some kind of beyond-monetary cost, will be a struggle. And if she's had to battle a misogynistic board, there's bound to be some distrust of an all male team - regardless of any gaydar she may have.

Andra
Sheepdog

Back to top Go down

Post by Hayjude on Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:19 pm

Good points, Andra. Very succinct. Thanks for chipping in.
Hayjude
Hayjude
A What

Back to top Go down

Post by jkfan on Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:03 am

I'll be interested to see where this story goes, but I have a confession to make.  I'm more interested in Gareth and Dale.  That may change as the story develops, but I absolutely love the psychic connection between Dale and Gareth - not quite a talking horse, like Mr. Ed (a horse is a horse, of course, of course ....) - but telepathic works for me.  Reminds me a little of what drew me to the Dragonriders of Pern, when the newly hatched dragons imprinted on their chosen riders. Gareth has chosen Dale.
jkfan
jkfan
A What

Back to top Go down

Post by Zicat on Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:27 am

I would love to read more about Gareth and Dale, as well, Cheryl. But then again, I want more MEC. I think I'll just be grateful for what I can get. I wonder if we substitute "Steak" for "Chapters" the Authors will listen, or reach for the hairbrush? I hate "Real Life"!
Zicat
Zicat
A What

Back to top Go down

Post by Hayjude on Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:21 am

....or that dreaded Red Phone....

Hayjude
Hayjude
A What

Back to top Go down

Post by Zicat on Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:02 am

Don't give them more ideas, Judy! We are already going to be in trouble for mentioning wanting more.
Zicat
Zicat
A What

Back to top Go down

Post by jkfan on Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:41 pm

It's a fine line we have to walk - letting our authors know how much we love the stories and want MORE, without being greedy.
Sigh.
jkfan
jkfan
A What

Back to top Go down

Post by scareDcat on Sat Dec 29, 2018 12:31 pm

I love re-reading this and the interactions between Dale and Gareth make my heart squeeze xxx

scareDcat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ranger52899 on Sat Dec 29, 2018 7:10 pm

I'm glad you're enjoying this one ScareD! Its on the list to continue Smile
Ranger52899
Ranger52899
Womble in Charge
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by abouttime2stop on Sun Dec 30, 2018 12:54 am

The things i noticed:

She totally trusts fitted jeans guy (i think it is Darcy). That is a wonderful feeling to not have to ask any questions and just go with that trust. i am surprised there was no heads up to the ranch. i think Jasper knew, but I don't know how. If he had been there some time it means that he didn't just hear the incoming plane and go to meet it.

Remember when Dale came to the ranch that first time? he didn't have a clue where he was. i bet it is the same for her, but she knows she is going somewhere she can't be found (safe from media etc.) and there is a forensic accountant who will happily take on her situation. 'hello, i've been sent by Darcy' would be the first words.  Everyone would act like this is completely normal. I picture her being calm and gracious, apologizing for getting them up in the middle of the night, etc.

It's night. I think they would invite her to sleep and wake in the morning to go into more details. They would probably ask her if it can wait that long. 

Phillips clothes. Dress shirts. New clothes stocked for clients. I think she will be fine temporarily but Paul will make sure to get her what is needed. They have families come including wives for clients "visit" days so they have toiletries etc I am sure.

Darcy would not send anyone he didn't trust implicitly. I think she is a CEO dealing with a nasty board. Someone has chosen her to be the fall guy so that means that something financial is being covered up. They want someone to blame for Empire failing so why is it failing? I can't imagine her as anything other than calm, and intelligent, but it sounds like this move took her by surprise. I was impressed how fast she jumped into action to not only save the files but to erase the hard drive. if they can get the information back it will take time, which gives her time to build her case. The way Dale works is like chess - he will help her strategize how to turn the tables on the board somehow, but i wonder if she will have any interest in continuing with that company. i would guess not. 

Somehow i didn't think there would be any romantic interest in the story. i think Phililp worked with many Execs and he didn't play matchmaker to all of them. i might be wrong. i think she will end up being a valuable friend in the end.

2 storylines. They always have to intersect somehow. What is going to be the connection between the stately gentleman horse, Twinkle, and the woman?

i wonder if Darcy will arrive soon. perhaps he stayed behind to cover for her? 

I would think she would be treated like a guest. Not all work and no play. They will invite her to ride. Talk about their ranch. Talk about their interests and her line of work. She will have to settle in with Dale to fill him in on all the details. Will the others participate or will it be a private conversation? i kind of think it depends on whether Darcy shows up. Adding him would draw in the others.

All of the men are so professional I don't see any reason she would feel uncomfortable. If she knows how to ride she will be thrilled to relax a little while Dale works, or even as they take breaks (because we know that Dale is not going to be allowed to go overboard with his research). i am thinking a few days. It will be long enough for them all to get to know each other as good friends.

This was fun. I hope we get to see what REALLY happens soon. 

Note to add: Could this somehow trigger Flynn and Dale moving into Philip and David's room, or it being used for Leila?

Thanks Rolf and Ranger
abouttime2stop
abouttime2stop
Hike Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeDee on Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:50 am

So true abouttime.   She is not being sent as a client but a friend of the family to another member of the family who can help her find out what happened - if they've (the board) done anything wrong, Dale's forensic abilities will bring it all out.  

Dee
DeeDee
DeeDee
Yak Whomper

Back to top Go down

Post by Hayjude on Sun Dec 30, 2018 2:11 am

Can a CEO sack a board of directors if wrong doing is uncovered and proven? Maybe she’ll need help to get rid of them all.
Hayjude
Hayjude
A What

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeDee on Sun Dec 30, 2018 2:13 am

I suspect it's more about uncovering that she's done nothing wrong.  The evidence all points at her, and she needs to clear her name. 

Dee
DeeDee
DeeDee
Yak Whomper

Back to top Go down

Post by Hayjude on Sun Dec 30, 2018 2:16 am

Yes, but she can’t possibly trust them as board members after this.
Hayjude
Hayjude
A What

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeDee on Sun Dec 30, 2018 2:27 am

If they are traded on the stock market, anything that comes out will destroy the company.  So it's likely they will go quietly or risk not only destroying the company but jail time as well.  

She likely won't want the company destroyed, so it will be quite easy to make them go quietly because exposure for them will also mean jail time for them.

Dee
DeeDee
DeeDee
Yak Whomper

Back to top Go down

Post by abouttime2stop on Sun Dec 30, 2018 2:35 am

I think the company is already in failure. Sounds like the announced that she caused it and fired her. 

I don't believe the CEO can fire the board. I think it is the other way round. The board can fire the CEO. I think the members of the board would only lose power if there was a stock take over, if a majority voted some of them out, if they were charged with illegal activity...The company could still fail. 

If the company fails the goal would be to clear her reputation so she would be in demand. If the company can be saved perhaps it could be her that turns things around (with Dale's advice)
abouttime2stop
abouttime2stop
Hike Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Hayjude on Sun Dec 30, 2018 4:52 am

Wonder if the Ranch portfolio would like some stock in a fashion empire on the brink....? Wasn’t Dale concerned about Jake losing money when he bought out Mountain Eagles in SBE and Paul said he didn’t care about the money?
Hayjude
Hayjude
A What

Back to top Go down

Post by abouttime2stop on Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:03 am

Maybe they can finagle a deal for her to own the Empire? I wonder if the Empire is a fashion line, or a fashion magazine?
abouttime2stop
abouttime2stop
Hike Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum