New FCR Story - Washington Square part 1

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Re: New FCR Story - Washington Square part 1

Post by Trisha Louise on Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:59 am

Not saying I have less than dainty feet...but my brother and I have accidentally swapped work boots at the front door and not noticed for days. I couldn't walk in high heels at gun point so am already in awe of Leila but part of me is whispering, "Come over to the comfort side..." 

Then again, I'm sure she could wear some really nice knee high leather riding boots in style. Oh yes.

You know,  maybe Dale could pace his usually very efficient self in finding a solution to Leila's financial issues? No need to rush these things. Ahem.

Trisha Louise
Yak Whomper

Back to top Go down

Post by Denicemarcell on Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:06 am

Could Dale be looking through their books to see if there had been Cleveland Bays on the ranch before and find Gareth?

Denicemarcell
Polar Bear Wrangler

Back to top Go down

Post by Zicat on Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:09 am

I'm comfortable in both jeans and formal wear. I live in jeans and boots during the week, but come Saturday night (if we're going somewhere) out come the dresses and heels.
I just hope Leila won't be too overwhelmed by Ranch life.

Zicat
Honorary Ranch Family Member

Back to top Go down

Post by carinucha on Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:58 am

First of all, thank you R&R. Just what I needed! I am down with the flu and that means aching all over and blurry vision but I devoured your story nonetheless. Flynn and Twinkle made me guffaw, Gareth and Dale intrigued me, the 5 leaving for the auction (and the comparison with the very dissimilar attitudes when the "expedition" is a trip to the mall) made me laugh out loud...
As to the Leila Perrin episode (Leila by the way means night), I have several observations:
a. She left Washington Square in a chopper (and there are not many roofs in the area where the descent and take off of a helo is possible) but arrived to the Ranch in a plane which means that the helo stopped somewhere for her to board the plane. Was that what the phone call made was all about? If it is Darcy (who is an event organizer and probably organized the whole shebang for Leila's company; Leila is not necessarily in the fashion industry in my view), did he call Luath? But Luath is too considerate not to have called at least Flynn.  Did he call to arrange for the plane? Did he get James' okay?
b. Frazzled and suspicious, being aware that she is improperly dressed, recently betrayed, Leila is also decisive and she trusts Darcy. Instead of wriggling her hands and giving in to despair, she makes a quick decision and takes action. She is playing her last card. This is no shrinking violet ready to have the vapors and faint. She is probably a force of nature and as such, not easily intimidated by a three hunky cowboys come to fetch her. She might behave like Twinkle (stubborn and wanting to have her own way) but she is not likely to be skittish.
c. I would love to see her with Clara who, as someone pointed out, must come see the horses anyways.
d. She is likely to have as a primary goal to clear her name and seek justice, but this is a woman for whom revenge might be so sweet...
e. If the guy in the roof is Darcy, there might be a confrontation with both Luath and Flynn in his future for not having alerted them. And the Brats will have another Meeting just because those are fun. Smile

carinucha
Silver Bullet Engineer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sassy Lane on Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:59 am

Leila took a breath and not for the first time in her life, reached for a grim will to rise up above this mess and fight. Fight with all she had.

I am on my 5th or 6th re-read of this delicious piece and this line caught my attention. This singular line strikes me as very important to the story. It is something  that will resonate with all of the men,  but especially Flynn. I wonder how this will factor into things.

Sassy Lane
Sheepdog

Back to top Go down

Post by Zicat on Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:25 pm

@carinucha
Sorry to hear you are so sick, Carina. I do hope you will feel better soon.

I love your observations. I don't know Washington, so will take your word for the roof issue as fact, and agree that Leila is no shrinking violet. She strikes me as a savvy business woman, and you have to have grit to get as high up as I believe she must be. Even though she shed tears when finding out how she was betrayed, I've seen men shed tears over far less. And yes, Darcy, if it was Darcy, is in so much trouble. I can't wait to read the next Chapter.

Sending Get Well Wishes,
Cat
Zicat

Back to top Go down

Post by curious1_53 on Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:38 pm

@Zicat wrote:@carinucha
Sorry to hear you are so sick, Carina. I do hope you will feel better soon.

I love your observations. I don't know Washington, so will take your word for the roof issue as fact, and agree that Leila is no shrinking violet. She strikes me as a savvy business woman, and you have to have grit to get as high up as I believe she must be. Even though she shed tears when finding out how she was betrayed, I've seen men shed tears over far less. And yes, Darcy, if it was Darcy, is in so much trouble. I can't wait to read the next Chapter.

Sending Get Well Wishes,
Cat

A little geography lesson: this is probably the neighborhood of Washington Square Park in Greenwich Village, in the City, County, and State of New York. (wikipedia entry)

curious1_53
Polar Bear Wrangler

Back to top Go down

Post by Hayjude on Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:44 pm

I would have thought a lot of big corporate headquarters, even in New York, would have a helipad up top for quick getaways. At least, they always do in movies...?
Hayjude
A What

Back to top Go down

Post by Zicat on Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:09 pm

Thank you @curious1_53, I see the buildings are tall enough to probably warrant having a heliport on top for convenience sake.
Cheers, Cat
Zicat

Back to top Go down

Post by Zicat on Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:19 pm

And trust me to be slow on the uptake, but I was curious about the horse that wanted Dale to "buy me", and so I did a Google search, and lo and behold, this breed of horse is popular for fox hunting. Now, didn't Dale do a bit of fox hunting as a teenager? Is this a horse from an English Stables he once worked at? 
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cleveland_Bay
Zicat

Back to top Go down

Post by carinucha on Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:04 pm

Thank you for your wishes, Cat. The flu in the States right now is making ravages.
Washington Square is in NYC, more precisely downtown Manhattan, in the Village. It has a big arch and plenty of marble tables to play chess, including speed chess, and tons of students because it is the unofficial square of New York University. The buildings that surround it are brownstones, in general, because this is an older part of Manhattan. If you have seen the movies of Woody Allen, the lions in the stairs of the brownstone that he is obsessed with are precisely typical of the architecture of the area (the building depicted hosts the offices of the Dean of Social Sciences, if my memory is correct). Whereas there are many very tall corporate buildings in Manhattan, they tend to be elsewhere in the city (I have lived in Midtown Manhattan since 1997 and believe me, on a clear night as the one depicted, you can hear the soft noise of the choppers from the helipad in 36th and 1st as well as those of the hospitals!). I am not saying it is impossible but a helicopter is not a particularly stealthy means of escape from Washington Square. What I am saying is that at the very least people would have noticed...
But details aside (poetic license is a thing, you know), "Washington Square" is a fantastic piece and I deeply enjoyed it. And because I have a vivid imagination (helped by all the syrups and pills I am taking), I am currently chuckling at the image of all these guys in tuxedos and gals in gowns being showered with dust and dirt when the chopper takes off...

carinucha
Silver Bullet Engineer

Back to top Go down

Post by Trisha Louise on Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:24 pm

Who needs stealth as long as you get awaaaayyyyyyyyyyy?

James Bond has NOTHING on Darcy and Dale. Wink
Trisha Louise
Yak Whomper

Back to top Go down

Post by Zicat on Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:39 pm

The 'Poms' (English People of the UK) are calling it the Aussie Flu. I admit I had it last Winter in Australia and spent nearly 3 weeks in bed, but Really!!, naming it after us is just so not on. Smile
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-01-11/aussie-flu-australia-not-to-blame-for-uk-spread-experts-say/9319372

I agree Trisha, "who needs stealth". First those nasty reporters have to get into the building, then up the stairs, and by then I assume the helicopter has already taken off.

Cheers, Cat
Zicat

Back to top Go down

Post by carinucha on Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:40 pm

@Trisha Louise wrote:Who needs stealth as long as you get awaaaayyyyyyyyyyy?

James Bond has NOTHING on Darcy and Dale. Wink
Agreed. And think of all the arrogant attendees in their finery just being pelted with hors d'oeuvres and plastic wrap and drenched with champagne due to the wind tunnel created by the chopper take off... bom

carinucha
Silver Bullet Engineer

Back to top Go down

Post by carinucha on Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:45 pm

@Zicat wrote:The 'Poms' (English People of the UK) are calling it the Aussie Flu. I admit I had it last Winter in Australia and spent nearly 3 weeks in bed, but Really!!, naming it after us is just so not on. Smile
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-01-11/aussie-flu-australia-not-to-blame-for-uk-spread-experts-say/9319372

I agree Trisha, "who needs stealth". First those nasty reporters have to get into the building, then up the stairs, and by then I assume the helicopter has already taken off.

Cheers, Cat
I don't know whose fault it is, but it is a crippling flu right now. Anyway, I forgive you, Cat, and all the Aussies if it is your fault. Go in peace and don't do it again...

carinucha
Silver Bullet Engineer

Back to top Go down

Post by Hayjude on Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:38 pm

I had the flu, Ranger had the flu, all God’s little chillun’ had the flu! It’s a seasonal malady, not a locational one. Please don’t blame us.
Hayjude
A What

Back to top Go down

Post by Sassy Lane on Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:57 pm

I've been wondering about the horse myself.  Maybe it's a manifestation of Dale's continously growing powers? 
Shamanism as a way of life connects with nature and that is what Dale has been doing.  

Sassy Lane
Sheepdog

Back to top Go down

Post by Sassy Lane on Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:59 pm

For every one what has been sick, warm thoughts and hugs. group hug

Sassy Lane
Sheepdog

Back to top Go down

Post by Hayjude on Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:02 pm

@Sassy Lane wrote:I've been wondering about the horse myself.  Maybe it's a manifestation of Dale's continously growing powers? 
Shamanism as a way of life connects with nature and that is what Dale has been doing.  

Hee, hee - love the thought of Dale levitating, Sassy!

Magic Carpet
Hayjude
A What

Back to top Go down

Post by Sassy Lane on Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:09 pm

It's obvious I am avoiding going to bed at this point,  as I feel slightly out of sorts and I am looking for reasons to stay up, lol.

I just noticed the little post counters by our names.  Mine has been at 45 all day. 

Ok,  I'll stop now. Very Happy

Sassy Lane
Sheepdog

Back to top Go down

Post by Hayjude on Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:20 pm

Well, you just made it to 46 - good going! And when you get to 50 you become a sheepdog. How are you with sheep??
Hayjude
A What

Back to top Go down

Post by loyalpainter88 on Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:27 pm

Wow 

What a starting ! The prologue was almost like a thriller movie ! I dint guess it was Darcy who had assisted leila , but after reading the comments and re reading the story  I was like " duh that person can only be Darcy " . 
The horse auction was really interesting !! 
Some had suggested to rename twinkle  to pout ..that is hilarious!
The special connection between Gareth and Dale is intriguing .... 
 Thanks you for this special story guys . 

Also regarding leila she is a potential client from work right not necessarily how the guys plan together and take a client to help them with their behaviour modification ( for a lack of better word ) Leila is like a director of the company who got swindled ( if I am reading the tone of the story so far ) and Darcy had asked her to go the ranch coz he said there was a guy who loved forensic accounting .. so she was a "work" client I think .... 

Loved this story .. especially if further chapters are gonna bring out the detective in Dale .. coz I loved how Dale sloved the case in mustang hill  that part was pure genius !
 Love you guys 
Thanks for a great beginning
loyalpainter88
Coyote

Back to top Go down

Post by jefftd on Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:32 pm

R&R,

An interesting beginning.  I only sort of skimmed the responses, but I would suggest taking any comments on the next step to some sort of poll web site, with the simple sort of next up based on the comments here (where preferences were mentioned) and which folks like best.  One poll for Gareth and one poll for Leila.  It also allows you to include ideas on how you think the story might go in the selection of choices.

I have the feeling this is a bit more complex than when Dale helped Gerry, but it also sounds as if it may be time sensitive, which will pose a potential issue to things being done on ranch time, especially as Leila will be there and not on the other end of the phone.  Gareth is the balance of course, a way to keep Dale focused on real life while he is hounding a solution for Leila.

My two cents.  I look forward to the next installment.

jefftd
Silver Bullet Engineer

http://brizbrizuri.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sassy Lane on Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:14 am

@Hayjude wrote:Well, you just made it to 46 - good going! And when you get to 50 you become a sheepdog. How are you with sheep??
They are delicious when soaked in a soy sauce and garlic marinade, also with stew. Wink

Sassy Lane
Sheepdog

Back to top Go down

Post by Hayjude on Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:46 am

@Sassy Lane wrote:
@Hayjude wrote:Well, you just made it to 46 - good going! And when you get to 50 you become a sheepdog. How are you with sheep??
They are delicious when soaked in a soy sauce and garlic marinade, also with stew. Wink

LOL
Hayjude
A What

Back to top Go down

Post by Hayjude on Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:53 am

@jefftd wrote:R&R,

An interesting beginning.  I only sort of skimmed the responses, but I would suggest taking any comments on the next step to some sort of poll web site, with the simple sort of next up based on the comments here (where preferences were mentioned) and which folks like best.  One poll for Gareth and one poll for Leila.  It also allows you to include ideas on how you think the story might go in the selection of choices.

I have the feeling this is a bit more complex than when Dale helped Gerry, but it also sounds as if it may be time sensitive, which will pose a potential issue to things being done on ranch time, especially as Leila will be there and not on the other end of the phone.  Gareth is the balance of course, a way to keep Dale focused on real life while he is hounding a solution for Leila.

My two cents.  I look forward to the next installment.

I don’t think the others will let Dale disappear into a fog of forensic accounting either. They put pretty strict conditions on the time he’s allowed to spend each day on it. But it is interesting that Flynn earlier commented that he can gently ride Gareth in addition to his other chores. Almost like limiting him in advance. Interesting observation, Jeff. Glad you are posting again. Now we just need Chris back as well.
Hayjude
A What

Back to top Go down

Post by jefftd on Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:59 am

I just figured out the perfect what happens next:

They get Leila settled for the night (sleep is important, if you recall), then the next morning an unfamiliar car shows up at the ranch.  When the car stops and the driver gets out, it is one of Flynn's estranged siblings.

Let's ratchet that drama up!

jefftd
Silver Bullet Engineer

Back to top Go down

Post by Trisha Louise on Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:22 am

@jefftd wrote:I just figured out the perfect what happens next:

They get Leila settled for the night (sleep is important, if you recall), then the next morning an unfamiliar car shows up at the ranch.  When the car stops and the driver gets out, it is one of Flynn's estranged siblings.

Lol. My money is on Dale returning to bed to make up for lost sleep.
Trisha Louise
Yak Whomper

Back to top Go down

Post by Hayjude on Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:35 am

Oh, definitely, Trisha, definitely. Sleep is important!
Hayjude
A What

Back to top Go down

Post by Sassy Lane on Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:44 am

@jefftd wrote:I just figured out the perfect what happens next:

Ack, someone is a devotee of Janus, God of Chaos. 

I wonder who that could be, hmm? Very Happy

Sassy Lane
Sheepdog

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeDee on Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:07 am

Thanks for inviting us to participate in the story!  

Leila seems like a strong woman, but also very trusting and that's likely what got her in this fix.  I do, however, like that she has the trust of someone from the ranch (likely Darcy) - and if it is Darcy, he knows what this industry is like (assuming it is fashion industry), so if he is still concerned about you enough to get you the help you need, you must not be all bad, right?  I don't think he would send just anyone out there, he must believe her.  

I'm also a bit worried that the board can track her down (and or reporters).  They would likely have access to finding out where the plane landed.  I would hate to think that she could be tracked down and the ranch invaded by reporters.  If she has been shafted, I wouldn't put it past those same people to alert the media to where she is now.  

I'm also wondering why they weren't told?  Is that because the person who sent her there didn't want to taint Dale's investigation?  To let them assess her first before they find out who she is and how she found out about them?  Since no mention was made to her of where she was going, only saying 'the back of beyond', whoever sent her made all the arrangements, so that person has access to her information for the corporation because it was his phone he used to make the arrangements.  

Ok, so clearly I'm more interested in the mystery of the story then actually helping out, but I do love it so much when you all do those.  

I'm also thinking she's in for a bit of a shock when she finds out the rules of the house.  No real phone access, computer is in lock down most of the day, no shoes in the house, and working on the schedule of a ranch.  I wonder if she'll want to participate in any of it or would she much prefer to spend time with Paul during the day.  Is she willing to help or will she be treated as the exec she is and basically be a guest?  Since she's not a client, there'll be no expectations.  

And Gareth... well, just loved this line from Paul as a way of explaining to Dale:  

“It’s ok to have possessions sweetheart; you are staying. You don’t need to guilt about it. It’s ok to like things just because you like them." 

Thanks so much for the great weekend and the story.  It's always so much fun to have the start of a new story and see where it'll take us.  

Dee 
DeeDee
Yak Whomper

Back to top Go down

Post by lawsomepup on Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:19 am

No comments on Leila’s experience, I’m rather unqualified; I mostly want to figure out who sent her to the ranch without even calling ahead?  I don’t get the impression that Jerry Banks dresses that well (or in jeans).  The description also doesn’t really match any of the other known Dale contacts (well, we know nothing about Charles).

Edit: i don’t think it’s Darcy.  Partially cause of how he described the ranch, not as home, but someplace “out there.”

lawsomepup
Sheepdog

Back to top Go down

Post by jefftd on Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:21 am

@lawsomepup wrote:No comments on Leila’s experience, I’m rather unqualified; I mostly want to figure out who sent her to the ranch without even calling ahead?  I don’t get the impression that Jerry Banks dresses that well (or in jeans).  The description also doesn’t really match any of the other known Dale contacts (well, we know nothing about Charles).

Edit: i don’t think it’s Darcy.  Partially cause of how he described the ranch, not as home, but someplace “out there.”

(This part of the comment isn't really to lawsomepup, but I couldn't figure out how to format it.) Because Leila is a guest rather than a client, per se, I think there are slightly different rules.  In the story with all the CEOs coming to a meeting, it seemed to me there was a different set of rules for when you are a guest rather than a client.  An observant (and conscientious) guest may also notice certain household expectations and follow them, whether required to or not.  The men don't wear shoes in the house for an obvious reason, they have been out on the ranch amongst livestock, so you don't want to traipse that through the house.  When Dale first arrived, I don't believe he was asked to remove his dress shoes at the door, so, if you haven't been moving through pastures and barns, shoe removal at the door may not be a requirement, though it could be considered a courtesy.

(This part of the comment is responding to lawsomepup.)  I did like how the well dressed man's name was kept blank, but like you am unsure of who it is.  Darcy is not specifically mentioned, and I am not sure if Darcy would be quite that level headed about things.  I also am not sure if Darcy would have had the ranch landing field information at his fingertips, since very few people can actually afford a private plane to take them there, and Darcy is not one of them.  The description of the mystery man leans towards Darcy, but that is because, aside from Luath, he is the only ranch family we know of in NYC, though there isn't anything that says this isn't a colleague or acquaintance of Dale's (perhaps Caroline has a brother?  She would definitely know Dale as a white knight and perhaps even mentioned something to her family, and if her brother called, she would likely have the info handy for the flight plan, though I do think she would have insisted on giving Dale notice).  

One more thing, just to add conjecture, perhaps this mystery fellow doesn't live in NYC and was just visiting when everything hit the fan.  I also think someone knew the plane was heading that way because at night they would have needed to turn lights on at the landing field, since it is not normally kept lit at night, and Jasper was already there.

jefftd
Silver Bullet Engineer

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeDee on Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:26 am

Actually in The Brig they were required to remove their shoes:  

"The six men gathered up their cups and as Flnn heeled off his boots at the doorway, as Dale had done without noticing as he came in, he realized that the six directors, in crisp suits, were all standing meekly holding their teacups in their socks." 

Someone must have asked them to.  

Dee
DeeDee
Yak Whomper

Back to top Go down

Post by Zicat on Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:29 am

Perhaps this man, talking to Leila, is a member of the Ranch Family that has yet to be introduced? We know there are others Dale has yet to meet.
Zicat

Back to top Go down

Post by Trisha Louise on Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:35 am

Whoever he is, he knows them well enough to call them good friends and to be confident in their support for one in his circle.
Trisha Louise
Yak Whomper

Back to top Go down

Post by carinucha on Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:41 am

Could it be an alum from the Ranch, such as Jerry Banks' nephew? But he specifically mentions his friend Dale...What strikes me, if it is not Darcy, is that we have to assume that a network of confederates such as the one that Philip had to refer interesting cases to the Ranch has been reconstituted...

carinucha
Silver Bullet Engineer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zicat on Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:44 am

Do the Family Members call each other "Friend" or "Relative", as this person says "I have a friend who is a top forensic accountant". Because there are no Brat In-Laws, but what do they call the Tops.
Zicat

Back to top Go down

Post by Trisha Louise on Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:46 am

They may use different terms amongst themselves than in conversation with others.
Trisha Louise
Yak Whomper

Back to top Go down

Post by carinucha on Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:51 am

That is true, Trisha. The question is who aside from the Family has the details and also the trust of the Family to be able to have landing details for a plane, dare to send someone directly to the Ranch, and not call beforehand?

carinucha
Silver Bullet Engineer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zicat on Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:52 am

Thanks, Trisha. I did wonder, because in Three Traders when Riley and Dale went to the Auction this conversation took place. "Relative or visitor?" Peter asked genially, offering his hand to Dale. He was in his late forties, a tall and heavy boned man who had a slow, warm smile and whose hands were work scarred.
"Neither." Riley said cheerfully as Dale took the hand and returned the smile. "He's permanent, here for good."
Zicat

Back to top Go down

Post by Trisha Louise on Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:01 am

If the connection is through birth or marriage there are commonly understood terms for those relationships. Where family comes through choice or where marriage is not an option you sometimes have more generalised terms with others, whilst within the group you know that you are Family or that those two or five are husbands as sure as any couple with a certificate. Frankly with where Leila's focus is right now I don't think she would have heard anything more than "they can help". 

I do love a good R&R mystery. Smile
Trisha Louise
Yak Whomper

Back to top Go down

Post by Zicat on Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:51 am

@Trisha Louise wrote:
I do love a good R&R mystery. Smile
Ahhh!!! No, it's killing me. I normally wait until an Author finishes a Series before I buy because I just can't stand the suspense, and I never watch TV serials/soaps either. If the TV show I am about to watch says Part 1 I tape it and refuse to watch until they give me Part 2.
I hate suspense!!

Rolf & Ranger, PLEASE, give me the next Chapter!!!!
Zicat

Back to top Go down

Post by Trisha Louise on Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:02 pm

But think of long serials like Mustang Hill and Silver Buller Ranch. Mysteries that held us and had us speculating and theorising right to the end. Do you really want to set Washington Square aside to wait until the whole story is finished before you read it? I don't think I could.   study
Trisha Louise
Yak Whomper

Back to top Go down

Post by JL on Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:04 pm

Considering the SB stories took 5+ years to complete, I would never be able to wait that long.
JL-
JL

https://storiesbyjl.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Zicat on Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:13 pm

But you see, I came to those Books late so there was not as much suspense for me. But MEC and now this!!
Patience is a Virtue I was born without, and am unable to learn, though my mother, siblings, and Hubby try to teach me.
It's like Algebra. No matter how much I tried I never understood it, so finally everyone agreed to stop trying to teach me! Laughing
Zicat

Back to top Go down

Post by Dizzy on Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:18 pm

@Zicat, the true hell was before there was even a Yahoo group.  I would go to their website a million times a day in hopes of an update, a story, a piece of a part of a story, anything!

I was super shy then and wouldn’t think of emailing the authors.  So there was no interaction with others who were in love with the writing and stories.

Now we have the forum and a chance to become FCR family members!!  

Dizzy
Dizzy

http://dj-wl.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Trisha Louise on Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:19 pm

@Zicat wrote:But you see, I came to those Books late so there was not as much suspense for me. But MEC and now this!!
Patience is a Virtue I was born without, and am unable to learn, though my mother, siblings, and Hubby try to teach me.
It's like Algebra. No matter how much I tried I never understood it, so finally everyone agreed to stop trying to teach me! Laughing

Hell, that might be a challenge Flynn and co. are willing to take on. Wink The story will unfold at its own pace and one sustainable for the authors so you'll have plenty of time to sit on the porch next to Dale. Get comfy. Smile
Trisha Louise
Yak Whomper

Back to top Go down

Post by Zicat on Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:31 pm

As long as I don't have to wait in the Study I'll sit anywhere with Dale.
Zicat

Back to top Go down

Post by Nonni on Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:39 pm

@Trisha Louise wrote:
@Zicat wrote:But you see, I came to those Books late so there was not as much suspense for me. But MEC and now this!!

Hell, that might be a challenge Flynn and co. are willing to take on. Wink The story will unfold at its own pace and one sustainable for the authors so you'll have plenty of time to sit on the porch next to Dale. Get comfy. Smile

The good news is that while you are sitting there next to Dale, maybe Jeff will share some of the bread he's been baking over in the kitchen area.

Nonni
Eagle

Back to top Go down

Post by Trisha Louise on Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:39 pm

@Zicat wrote:As long as I don't have to wait in the Study I'll sit anywhere with Dale.

Snort.

I like the idea of calling "barley"* on any area outside the study though I don't know the guys recognise any such demarcation. 

"Nah, sorry Paul, you'll note my feet are Outside The Study Zone so you can just drop the hairbrush. Union rules."

* I have no idea if this word is used elsewhere. Whatever your local word was for indicating you were safe during a game.
Trisha Louise
Yak Whomper

Back to top Go down

Post by Zicat on Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:41 pm

That sounds something like the Dark Ages, @Dizzy. I would not have been able to cope. I visited the Blog quite a lot over a period of about 18 months, but was never confident enough to join either the Yahoo Group, or this Forum, but something one of my brothers said made me bold, "You'll never get anywhere if you let fear control you".
So here I am. No Fear! Smile
Zicat

Back to top Go down

Post by Nonni on Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:44 pm

It took me years to join because I either had a family computer (with preteens and teenagers sharing it) or a work laptop.  Neither seemed like a good option for joining!  Nice to have my own personal laptop now and a little more freedom!

Nonni
Eagle

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum