Suggestion for Washington Square direction

Go down

Suggestion for Washington Square direction

Post by jefftd on Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:03 am

I condensed all the responses to this list.  Some echo previous comments but I think I captured them all, even the silly ones.  I made this so R&R wouldn't need to themselves, and so the rest of us could get a quick glance at what has been suggested.

Direction suggestions for Washington Square:

1) The first thing I think Leila might want to know is what is the schedule of the house-any place off limits, a private place for myself, and most importantly, where’s the nearest coffee pot (just being silly with the last).
2) Will she want to lean heavily on Dale to quickly clear her name?  I think she might need to learn that things happen on Ranch time, which is a bit different than she’s probably used to.
3) I am sure she is wondering where she is and who can help her way out in the middle of Wyoming.  Might be a bit intimidating to be the only female around as well.  
4) I also can't help but think about her sexuality. Sometimes you just know that someone's part of the club, right? Which can be incredibly calming, especially in stressful situations.
5) (Did they notify the ranch?) I assumed he did call the ranch but Jasper was able to pick up the phone before anyone else woke up? Or maybe he knew how to reach Jasper more directly?
6) I would be concerned about feeling safe. Clearly, she trusts the unknown man in NYC and his recommendation will go a long way.  I think giving her the third floor to herself would be good. The bunkhouse might feel a little too isolated particularly for someone used to city living.
7) Knowing if she rides.
8.) I wonder if Leila will meet Clara when Clara comes to examine the new horses.
9) I'm wondering how much Leila was told about the ranch and how it works. It takes a lot of confidence or desperation to go to an unknown place full of people you don't know, to ask for help. (Fits in with Number 1.)
10) I'm looking forward to see how confident she is that a cowboy accountant will be able to help her.
11) She might have questions about when she will see or talk to the man who sent her to the ranch.
12) Maybe the unnamed man cleared it with another family member... perhaps Luath? 
13) I see Leila needing a lot of tea and sympathy - probably from Paul - while Dale works his magic. 
14) Does Leila know who Dale is - if not by sight then by name and reputation.
15) If she does know who Dale is, will she be surprised her friend is friends with him?
16) Call Clara and ask to borrow some clothes and toiletries.. if they aren't set up for woman on the ranch it's that or go shopping a very soon.
17) Learning to trust these men at first, since Leila doesn’t know them at all, and since she’s in a situation where people--some probably trusted quite a bit--have hung her out to dry to either save themselves or garner money.  Leila’s heart and self-confidence would have taken a hard blow and she'd be reeling.
18) Is there some loved one or family member who Leila still trusts or knows who cares.  If so, Leila would need to contact them and at least let them know of my whereabouts.
19) Concerns on Leila’s future.
20) Did a twister just send Leila to Oz?
21) The first thing that would happen is that Paul would offer some tea, get a room ready, and then suggest that a good night's sleep is in order before they tackle the problem.
22) Leila won't have all the usual client rules, but will probably get the version Riley got when he first came to the ranch.
23) Leila might be a little suspicious, or wary, at first, but after a conversation with Dale, I think she'll start to feel more comfortable.
24) Leila won’t know who Dale is.  If she is in the fashion world, as most of us are assuming, then I doubt there'd be a lot of crossover in their worlds.
25) Dale would be pleased to be able to help someone  who doesn't immediately recognize his name.
26) Would Leila be all “I need this solved right now!” Or more “I need help with this, are you the person who can do that?”
27) Will Hammer be jealous of Gareth?
28) Length of visit:  When Philip had CEO's visit, it doesn't sound like they stayed more than a few days (I'm thinking about Riley's father, for example).
29) How in the world does Leila explain what she’s doing there.
30) Also if I was Leila the first thing I'd do is kick off those heels. Lol. Then find 'the accountant' that Darcy talked about (Dale) and get it sorted out as quick as possible. I personally would want to get out of their hair ASAP because I wouldn't want to impose on them, given I'd just dropped in.
31) Will fixing this entail Dale flying to another city?
32) Leila will probably not want to eat as much as Paul would like her to, for fear of not fitting back into that gorgeous dress.
33) How much will Jasper interact with Leila while she is at the Ranch. Does he have any experience relating to women other than Clara?
34) Flynn may want to pick her brain a little about her experiences in the world of business, where more and more women start playing big roles.
35) Gareth’s breeding. (Is he a former Ranch colt?)
36) Leila has a great deal of affection towards the unknown man. Why? What ties them together?
37) Just because Leila wiped the hard drive does NOT mean it's truly wiped - it could still be forensically recoverable.
38) The "board members" may not be hiding their tracks as well as they think they are. 
39) It would be fun to see Dale's talk with Leila regarding the hard drive wipe back at the office.
40) Here is a chance for Mason to see how Dale actually does behave when interacting in this type of environment.  (Can Mason be brought in to see how Dale works with powerful women?)
41) Leila assisting Dale with the forensic accounting work.
42) Is Mason on the Board?
43) Is Leila going to kind of (emphasis on kind of!) be like Dale’s first client? I know she’s not there as part of their program and she isn’t a client, but in a way, she came to the ranch like all clients do - in an effort to save their career.
44) Will Dale be a bit of a mentor for her if she asks him for advice? (After the story)
45) What if Leila looks really good in the shirts that Dale isn't allowed to wear?
46) Clara and Leila becoming friends.
47) If the guy in the roof is Darcy, there might be a confrontation with both Luath and Flynn in his future for not having alerted them. And the Brats will have another Meeting just because those are fun.
48) What was so important to Gareth that he reached out to Dale? Is Gareth a horse Dale once worked with back in the UK?
49) How time sensitive is Leila’s predicament?
50) An estranged sibling of Flynn’s shows up?
51) Puppies!
52) A ranch cat.
53) Will the board trace the charter to the ranch and send the paparazzi?
54) Is Leila likely up against civil or criminal charges?
55) If Leila (and the mystery man) did not bill the plane to themselves, will Dale realize this and contact the charter company to get the cost billed to him (to be billed to Leila later)?
56) Chickens.
57) The Board's reaction to Leila bolting.
58) Did Leila build this business or was it given to her?
59) How old is Leila?  (Though every man worth anything knows this is NOT a question you would ask any woman-- sorry if that sounds sexist, but as a guy this is something I was taught as being basic manners.)

Last edited by jefftd on Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:55 pm; edited 3 times in total

jefftd
Bunkhouse & Hot Springs Guest

http://brizbrizuri.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Suggestion for Washington Square direction

Post by loyalpainter88 on Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:21 am

Wow 
This is indeed some food for thought ! 
I did not think that the mystery person could be Luath , coz Darcy is the one who is always  in a party due to his job as a planner , but in this case if it was Luath could he offered more suggestions since he is already  in the field ? I felt his advice a bit ambiguous ... Mmmm may be am just speculating .. 

I think Leila will like the client that Phillip would advice occassionally . She looks totally lost , in the story and as you said very trusting ... 

I think it would be something like the Brigg story where the ranch guys are very welcoming and make you feel at home . 

And yes I think definitely they will have  a brats meeting ..  if the mystery person is Darcy , then Gerry will know and then the whole of the gang will know ... 

I was wondering if Naill will be involved in case they need some legal advice 

Aah ! So many speculations !! 
This is so exciting ... Am sure with all the possible senarios we are imagining  Rolf and Ranger will still surprise us ...
loyalpainter88
Coyote

Back to top Go down

Post by loyalpainter88 on Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:25 am

Ah ! Paparazzi ... Mmm maybe knowing their potential involvement the mystery person sent Leila to basically middle of nowhere??? And where she can get the best of help
loyalpainter88
Coyote

Back to top Go down

Post by Zicat on Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:45 am

Thanks, Jeff. This makes things easier to see what everyone's ideas are. But I bet R&R surprise us with something we haven't even thought of yet.
I still want a cat for Riley and Jasper though. Smile
Zicat
Saloon Bartender

Back to top Go down

Post by Hayjude on Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:20 pm

Paul, Paul, Paul, Chooks, Chooks, Chooks!
Hayjude
Honorary Ranch Family Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Zicat on Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:37 pm

@Hayjude wrote:Paul, Paul, Paul, Chooks, Chooks, Chooks!
Yes, Judy. I think we all know by now you want Paul to have Chooks. Go and put it on Jeff's List. Smile
Zicat
Saloon Bartender

Back to top Go down

Post by jefftd on Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:41 pm

What is a chook?

jefftd

Back to top Go down

Post by Zicat on Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:47 pm

A Chicken.
Zicat
Saloon Bartender

Back to top Go down

Post by Dizzy on Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:51 pm

This list is truly wonderful.  Thank you so much @jefftd!   

Dizzy
Dizzy
Silver Bullet Engineer

http://dj-wl.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jkfan on Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:22 am

Great list - covers a lot of ground.  Thanks for putting it together, Jeff.
jkfan
A What

Back to top Go down

Post by jefftd on Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:08 am

I tried to hit everything mentioned over in the story thread, and the list can be edited to add new things, like chickens.

jefftd

Back to top Go down

Post by Hayjude on Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:11 am

Ok - I’lll shut up about the chickens. It’s just that a farm is not a farm without them.
Hayjude

Back to top Go down

Post by Zicat on Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:28 am

It's a Ranch, Judy. Not a Farm, but I agree Paul needs Chickens. It will save heaps of money because they eat a lot of eggs, and I can see Dale and Riley chasing those 2 legged critters all over the place. Can you imagine the giggles we'd have reading about that?
Zicat
Saloon Bartender

Back to top Go down

Post by KateM on Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:02 pm

I fear this list could send Rolf and Ranger into either complete hysterics or make them go froth at the brain... Smile
KateM
Silver Bullet Engineer

Back to top Go down

Post by Denicemarcell on Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:29 pm

It might spur their own ideas onto computer screens so our crazy ideas would stop
Denicemarcell
Eagle

Back to top Go down

Post by Zicat on Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:10 am

As long as Paul gets his chickens, and Riley gets a cat, I'll leave the rest up to the Authors. Sometime in the near future would be nice. Wink
Zicat
Saloon Bartender

Back to top Go down

Post by Hayjude on Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:44 am

Agreed - although I still say ditch the cat!
Hayjude

Back to top Go down

Post by Zicat on Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:09 am

Sorry, Judy, but those chickens will get fat and lazy if there is no cat to chase them around the coop. (I hate fatty chicken). And I think Jasper would like a cat too. He and Riley can share one, or two, or three. There has got to be mice on the Ranch as they have hay, and mice love hiding in the hay.
Zicat
Saloon Bartender

Back to top Go down

Post by Hayjude on Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:21 am

If it’s not too much to ask, R and R, could we have a glimpse at the reaction of the Board when they discover that Leila has slipped the noose with crucial evidence? And maybe their terror when/if they discover that Dale Aden is looking into the matter? In line with my fondness for chickens, I’d like to see that particular fox in the henhouse!
Hayjude

Back to top Go down

Post by Hayjude on Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:02 am

...but first off, please give the girl a warm jacket...!
And perhaps a cup of tea.
Hayjude

Back to top Go down

Post by synystraal on Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:53 am

It occurs to me that we are missing two pieces of information that can help determine Leila's next action - her age and how she got her job (did she earn it through her own efforts or was it gifted by wealth - vanity position). When under attack as Leila was, the initial response is fight-or-flight. She flew, literally, away from danger to people who could help her. A younger/inexperienced person may be more diffident and less ready to immediately fight back. An older/experienced person will more readily regain their confidence and be eager to fight back.

synystraal
Sheepdog

Back to top Go down

Post by jefftd on Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:52 pm

Flight in order to fight?

jefftd

Back to top Go down

Post by synystraal on Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:51 pm

@jefftd wrote:Flight in order to fight?

exactly!

synystraal
Sheepdog

Back to top Go down

Post by jefftd on Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:28 pm

Syn, if I didn't get your comments paraphrased correctly on the list, let me know.

jefftd

Back to top Go down

Post by Dells on Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:24 pm

This isn’t a suggestion (or, I guess, not a new one Wink) but I wanted to share that the other night I dreamt that Dale got a puppy (and for some reason Tom was the one who gave it to him). Clearly my subconscious really wants Dale to have all the pets Hysterics
Dells
Polar Bear Wrangler

Back to top Go down

Post by jefftd on Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:03 pm

Dells, I think Tom gifting Dale with a puppy would be great, but I am not quite sure how R&R would fit such a thing in, though if they did, I would be all over it.

jefftd

Back to top Go down

Post by Hayjude on Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:22 pm

Dale’s now got an old horse called Gareth who follows him around like a puppy!
Hayjude

Back to top Go down

Post by Dells on Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:12 pm

@jefftd wrote:Dells, I think Tom gifting Dale with a puppy would be great, but I am not quite sure how R&R would fit such a thing in, though if they did, I would be all over it.
Oh yeah, I really don’t expect it to happen but it was a sweet dream that I wanted to share and just goes to show you how much I think Dale deserves all the pets!  Very Happy
Dells
Polar Bear Wrangler

Back to top Go down

Post by Zicat on Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:17 pm

Maybe Tom & Jake will find an abandoned puppy protecting a little kitten on their next trip to Jackson and give the puppy to Dale and the kitten to Riley? Smile
Zicat
Saloon Bartender

Back to top Go down

Post by Hayjude on Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:48 am

That’s it - no more trips to Jackson for those 2!
Hayjude

Back to top Go down

Post by Zicat on Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:29 am

But, but... They may find a few "free-range" chickens running around on their way home?
Zicat
Saloon Bartender

Back to top Go down

Post by Hayjude on Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:08 am

...complete with their own cat herder I suppose...?
Hayjude

Back to top Go down

Post by Zicat on Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:48 am

That's the puppy's job. Or Riley's, but I've yet to see a cat do anything it doesn't want to. Then again, Jasper may be able to coax that kitty into doing anything he wants.

Last edited by Zicat on Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:49 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling mistake)
Zicat
Saloon Bartender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum