December 14

Go down

December 14

Post by JL on Fri 14 Dec 2018, 3:33 am

Day 14, two weeks of December down!

The answer to yesterday's quote is Shenanigan's Overlook.  Ash is giving a warning about the Christmas lights about to be put up.

Today's Guess the Quote:

They had a very long bath together, and what happened next got the floor rather wet and took hours.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Christmas Deed: Donate a gift to Toys for Tots: Toys for Tots
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Story To Check Out: The Citadel

Character Recommended Reading:  Jasper's Pick - War Horse by Michael Morpurgo
Experiment with a Ranch recipe!
Tom's Christmas Chocolatada - US recipe

Tom's Christmas Chocolatada - UK recipe
Trisha's Trivia:

1. Name three Tops who chose a belt for discipline.
2. Stan Rogers wrote which song for his wife? In what story did it feature?
3. Which character was organizing a digging permit?  For where?
JL
JL
Honorary Ranch Family Member

https://storiesbyjl.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: December 14

Post by jkfan on Fri 14 Dec 2018, 4:25 am

Today's quote - Flynn and Dale in their hotel room in Alabama

The Bear Pit
jkfan
jkfan
A What

Back to top Go down

Post by jkfan on Fri 14 Dec 2018, 4:31 am

Trivia question 3 - Beau in SBE is getting a digging permit in Cambodia and trying to convince Tom and Jake to join the expedition.
jkfan
jkfan
A What

Back to top Go down

Post by Dizzy on Fri 14 Dec 2018, 4:45 am

@JL wrote:

Trisha's Trivia:

I was really hoping that this would be answered before I had to go to bed.  I'm super interested in the answer to this trivia question.  If anyone knows the answer, I'd be so grateful!  And super grateful if the answer was in the next 30 minutes or so.

Peace!

Dizzy
Dizzy
Dizzy

http://dj-wl.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Trisha Louise on Fri 14 Dec 2018, 5:42 am

@Dizzy wrote:
@JL wrote:

Trisha's Trivia:

I was really hoping that this would be answered before I had to go to bed.  I'm super interested in the answer to this trivia question.  If anyone knows the answer, I'd be so grateful!  And super grateful if the answer was in the next 30 minutes or so.

Peace!

Dizzy

LOL. I must have been in a mood when drafting the 14th as originally all three questions related to spanking. Decided to switch them up. Wink
sleep well.
Trisha Louise
Trisha Louise
Yak Whomper

Back to top Go down

Post by jkfan on Fri 14 Dec 2018, 5:55 am

OK - I'm going to take a crack at this.

Charlie - we know this from James in HAD

Flynn.- when he disciplined Riley in MEC.  He only uses his belt when he's away from the ranch (i.e. lexan not available)

And Dare in The Sealark - he uses his belt on Jonah's hand

It did make me wonder, though.  Have we ever learned what James uses on Niall?  I always assumed a paddle, but I can't say I know that for sure.

Sorry, @Dizzy.  I didn't get this posted before your bedtime, and I'm not even sure these are the correct three Tops.
jkfan
jkfan
A What

Back to top Go down

Post by Trisha Louise on Fri 14 Dec 2018, 6:01 am

Well done. 3 for 3  rub rub rub
Trisha Louise
Trisha Louise
Yak Whomper

Back to top Go down

Post by jkfan on Fri 14 Dec 2018, 6:22 am

Thanks, Trish.  I had to broaden my scope a bit.  Originally, I was thinking of 3 Tops who routinely used their belts for discipline, and the only one I could think of was Charlie.  Then I pushed the boundaries a little to include Flynn, even though he uses his belt infrequently.  And last, I thought of ALL  Tops, not just the FCR Tops.  I'd recently read The Sealark to find the answer to Dare and Jonah's first meal at the cottage, and remembered Dare using his belt on Jonah's hand, not his bottom.

Answer to Stan Rogers song -

OK, I have a little confession to make.  I started a list of my own about a year ago listing all the songs referenced in the books (I was compiling an FCR play list  Very Happy )   I haven't finished it, but I did have this song on the list.  Here's my entry:

45 Years by Stan Rogers (Three Traders)

Near the end of Chapter 7 (and one of my favorite scenes).  Paul's had the day from hell with Riley acting up from being confined to the house after TickToc kicked him, and a thunderstorm sending Dale into a  full fledged panic, which Paul didn't see coming.  At the end of the day, Paul goes outside to check the horses and lock up the barn.  When he comes back in, 45 Years is playing on the record player, Jas  is clad only in jeans, Flynn appears with his sexy black shirt unbuttoned down to mid chest, and Flynn and  Jas pull Paul down between them for some serious attention (fade to black, unfortunately).
jkfan
jkfan
A What

Back to top Go down

Post by Hayjude on Fri 14 Dec 2018, 6:50 am

Or is No 3 actually David getting a license for Gam San to dig for gold??
Hayjude
Hayjude
A What

Back to top Go down

Post by jkfan on Fri 14 Dec 2018, 6:55 am

@Hayjude wrote:Or is No 3 actually David getting a license for Gam San to dig for gold??
I never thought of that, Judy.  I just remembered Beau nagging Jake and Tom to join her in Cambodia.
jkfan
jkfan
A What

Back to top Go down

Post by Zicat on Fri 14 Dec 2018, 7:50 am

@jkfan wrote:
45 Years by Stan Rogers (Three Traders)

Near the end of Chapter 7 (and one of my favorite scenes).  Paul's had the day from hell with Riley acting up from being confined to the house after TickToc kicked him, and a thunderstorm sending Dale into a  full fledged panic, which Paul didn't see coming.  At the end of the day, Paul goes outside to check the horses and lock up the barn.  When he comes back in, 45 Years is playing on the record player, Jas  is clad only in jeans, Flynn appears with his sexy black shirt unbuttoned down to mid chest, and Flynn and  Jas pull Paul down between them for some serious attention (fade to black, unfortunately).
I was hoping someone would know this. I don't seem to have the time, with a 5 year old constantly needing my attention, to look things up. And my memory? Let's not go there at the moment. Smile
Thank You, Cheryl! For the memories, and the sweet dreams I will have tonight. Wink
Zicat
Zicat

Back to top Go down

Post by Dizzy on Fri 14 Dec 2018, 2:24 pm

@jkfan wrote:OK - I'm going to take a crack at this.

Charlie - we know this from James in HAD

Flynn.- when he disciplined Riley in MEC.  He only uses his belt when he's away from the ranch (i.e. lexan not available)

And Dare in The Sealark - he uses his belt on Jonah's hand

It did make me wonder, though.  Have we ever learned what James uses on Niall?  I always assumed a paddle, but I can't say I know that for sure.

Sorry, @Dizzy.  I didn't get this posted before your bedtime, and I'm not even sure these are the correct three Tops.

Thank you soooo much, @jkfan!!  I knew Flynn, but the other two escaped me!   I did get to see it before bed, but couldn’t respond as I didn’t want to wake a Neanderthal with the sounds of the clacking keyboard!

You are awesome!

Dizzy
Dizzy
Dizzy

http://dj-wl.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jkfan on Fri 14 Dec 2018, 3:21 pm

I knew Charlie right off because it struck me, when I first read HAD, that he was the only Top that didn't use a paddle on one of Philip's boys.  I know Theo uses a wooden spoon on Bear, but (like Paul's hairbrush) that's sort of like a paddle.
jkfan
jkfan
A What

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum