December 16

Go down

December 16 Empty December 16

Post by JL on Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:16 am

Day 16! 

The answer to yesterday's quote is The Brig.  Flynn is talking to Dale. 

Today's Guess the Quote:

David's attitude towards it was one of deep disinterest and had been for years.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
FCR Character recommended reading: Dale's pick - Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkeban.
>>Fun insight from Ranger: Gerry gave Dale the entire Harry Potter series for Christmas one year fairly early on.
Story to Check Out: Jamie and Allen - Twas the Night Before Family

Today's Fun Thing:  Would You Rather - Wish List Edition
* Would you rather read about Riley’s first spanking or David’s first spanking?

* Would you rather read about the origin of the Lexan or the future of Philip and David’s room?

* Would you rather read about Flynn being there where Bandit was born or Riley approaching the three Tops about joining them?

* Would you rather read about Dale being slippered in grade school or a story about Jasper’s childhood?

* Would you rather read about Riley taking on a client or Dale taking on a client?

* Would you rather read about the guys having a five-some or the first time together for Paul, Jasper and Flynn?

* Would you rather read about Jake pre-Tom or Tom pre-Jake?

* Would you rather read about Paul taking care of a sick Flynn or Flynn taking care of a sick Paul?

* Would you rather read about Jake’s first time at the ranch as a child or Tom’s first time coming to the ranch with Jake?

* Would you rather read about how Darcy came to be at the ranch or how Roger got there?

* Would you rather read about Dale’s brief life with his father before Aden Sr died or a story with Riley and his mother?

* Would you rather read about Philip and David’s early days together—pre-rescues—or Jake firing a gun through the ceiling as a child?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Trisha's Trivia:

1.  Who said: "You help or get out the their way?"  
2.  Who has "crackling blue eyes that took no bull from anyone"?
3.  What is Emmett's last name?
4.  Who took 'what looked like savage pride in there being no such thing as too hard, too heavy, too long too far, or too hot?" 
a.  David
b.  Gerry 
c.  Dale
d.  Flynn
JL
JL
A What

https://storiesbyjl.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

December 16 Empty Re: December 16

Post by ktjl on Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:36 am

David

* Would you rather read about the origin of the Lexan or the future of Philip and David’s room?
Future of Philip and David's room

* Would you rather read about Flynn being there where Bandit was born or Riley approaching the three Tops about joining them?
Riley approaching the Three Tops

* Would you rather read about Dale being slippered in grade school or a story about Jasper’s childhood?
Jasper's childhood

* Would you rather read about Riley taking on a client or Dale taking on a client?
Ooh - that's a tough one - Dale, I think

* Would you rather read about the guys having a five-some or the first time together for Paul, Jasper and Flynn?
hmmm

Jake pre-Tom, I feel like we have a pretty good outline of Tom's younger days from SBE and I really want to know more about Jake

* Would you rather read about Paul taking care of a sick Flynn or Flynn taking care of a sick Paul?
Flynn taking care of Paul

* Would you rather read about Jake’s first time at the ranch as a child or Tom’s first time coming to the ranch with Jake?
Tom's first time at the ranch with Jake

* Would you rather read about how Darcy came to be at the ranch or how Roger got there?
another tough one - but Darcy, I think - but why not both!  Thumbs Up

* Would you rather read about Dale’s brief life with his father before Aden Sr died or a story with Riley and his mother?
Riley and his mom

* Would you rather read about Philip and David’s early days together—pre-rescues—or Jake firing a gun through the ceiling as a child? 
Philip and David early days
ktjl
ktjl
Stallion

Back to top Go down

Post by Trisha Louise on Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:40 am

>Fun insight from Ranger: Gerry gave Dale the entire Harry Potter series for Christmas one year fairly early on.

I love these snippets of info. What a well-thought out gift, made all the more touching when you think of Gerry's awkward attempts to reach out and Dale's initial feeling of dislike for the older man's ill-timed humour. 

Trisha
Trisha Louise
Trisha Louise
Yak Whomper

Back to top Go down

Post by jkfan on Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:49 am

Today's quote - The Citadel

David's attitude about going home
jkfan
jkfan
A What

Back to top Go down

Post by jkfan on Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:55 am

Trivia # 3 - FCR. Emmett Pearce, Paul introduces him to Dale.
jkfan
jkfan
A What

Back to top Go down

Post by jkfan on Sun Dec 16, 2018 5:01 am

Trivia #2 - my first guess was David, but it turns out this is Flynn's description about Paul in Paget's Creek.
jkfan
jkfan
A What

Back to top Go down

Post by jkfan on Sun Dec 16, 2018 5:14 am

Trish's trivia #4 - I was 99% sure this was Flynn in Paget Creek.  It IS Flynn, but the reference comes from Mustang Hill when Luath is reminiscing about a young Flynn with an infected hand.  The same incident takes place in Paget Creek.
jkfan
jkfan
A What

Back to top Go down

Post by jkfan on Sun Dec 16, 2018 5:25 am

@Trisha Louise wrote:>Fun insight from Ranger: Gerry gave Dale the entire Harry Potter series for Christmas one year fairly early on.

I love these snippets of info. What a well-thought out gift, made all the more touching when you think of Gerry's awkward attempts to reach out and Dale's initial feeling of dislike for the older man's ill-timed humour. 

Trisha
I agree, Trisha.  I love seeing the evolution of the relationship between Dale and Gerry changing from Dale's dislike of Gerry to deep affection.
jkfan
jkfan
A What

Back to top Go down

Post by Trisha Louise on Sun Dec 16, 2018 5:28 am

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

David's, absolutely 

Too much change for me this week already so I'm going with the Lexan Origins story.

Riley's aporoach

Jasper's childhood please.

Riley- Dale's still integrating the things he's learnt into his own life 

The latter.

Jake pre-Tom, though it's hard to think of him sans Tom. 

Flynn caring for Paul

Tom coming to the Ranch. 

I cannot decide between these options. 

Dale's dad in his life. 

Oh the early days shared by David and Philip.
Trisha Louise
Trisha Louise
Yak Whomper

Back to top Go down

Post by Dells on Sun Dec 16, 2018 5:55 am

Aww, Harry Potter holds such a special place in my heart, I’m really happy to know that Gerry gave them to Dale! 

And yay, I love the Would You Rathers! Very Happy

Riley’s.

Ooooooohhh both. But since I have to choose... Philip and David’s room.

Riley approaching the three Tops.

Both intrigue me, because I want to know just what Dale did (seeing as he’s terminally well-behaved), but Jasper’s childhood also sounds interesting. I think I’ll choose Jasper.

Riley.

Ooooooooooooh that’s hard. Such a hard choice! Five-some.

Jake pre-Tom; I really want to know more about Jake’s childhood.

Flynn taking care of Paul. 

Seriously these questions are hard! Hahaha. Hmm. Tom’s first time. 

Darcy.

Dale and his father.

Jake.
Dells
Dells
Three Trader's Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Zicat on Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:49 am

The future of Philip and David’s room

Riley approaching the three Tops

Jasper’s childhood

I don't think either would want to, but Dale would be my choice once he is more settled

First time together for Paul, Jasper and Flynn

Jake pre-Tom

Flynn taking care of a sick Paul

Jake's first time at the ranch as a child

Darcy

Riley and his mother (because I remember wanting more when I read about Riley's dad talking about his crying baby)

Jake firing a gun through the ceiling as a child
Zicat
Zicat
A What

Back to top Go down

Post by 5116sue on Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:42 am

Enjoyed reading through everyone's answers especially the ones that differ from mine. I love trying to view things from other people's perspectives. 

I am embarrassed to say that I had the same initial reaction to Gerry as Dale did. Without even thinking about the man and his potential history or even the fact that he identifies as a family 'Brat' whose behaviour should have ignited some kind of understanding rather than irritation. 

Superb writing, my only defence. R and R had me empathising with Dale to such an extent that I was reacting as he would. Yes that must be it! Gerry is now very high on my list of favourites.
5116sue
5116sue
Hike Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Hayjude on Sun Dec 16, 2018 11:40 am

I would rather know the future of David and Philip’s room
Flynn being there when Bandit was born
Jasper’s childhood before he lost his grandfather, please
Dale taking on a client - perhaps Leila...time for more of Washington Square?
Oh, a fivesome between our guys, certainly
No question - neither....I firmly like them together
Flynn frazzled trying to care for a sick Paul - but not too sick!
Definitely Tom’s first visit to the Ranch
The beginning of Darcy’s life on the Ranch
It would be interesting to see Olivia before she fell into a depression with the death of her first husband
I’d like to see a bit more about David and Philip’s early days
Hayjude
Hayjude
A What

Back to top Go down

Post by chrisk3939 on Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:19 pm

Riley's - andwho did it?  And why?
The future of the room... does Philip tell Dale to tell Flynn to get a move on?
Flynn and Bandit ... could be in the same story! (yes, I am greedy)
Jasper and his first 'what' please.
Dale with the lady and the horse auction needs to bw written.
First time.
Tom pre-Jake
Flynn taking care of Paul
Tom's first time at the ranch
Darcy
errr ... Paul learning to bake bread
 Early days, please.
chrisk3939
chrisk3939

Back to top Go down

Post by Dizzy on Sun Dec 16, 2018 5:41 pm

I'd love to read Riley's first spanking.

For so long I've wondered about the Lexan.  I'd love to know who sent it and the reactions of everyone.

Riley approaching the three Tops.  Oh to be a fly on the wall!!

A story about Jasper's childhood.

Hmm, this is hard. I thought Riley said he didn't take clients.  I think Dale.

* Would you rather read about the guys having a five-some or the first time together for Paul, Jasper and Flynn?

Both.  I can't choose between the two!  I'd love them both.

Jake pre-Tom.  I'd like to see him interacting with some of the brats at the ranch.

This one is very hard. I love hurt/comfort.  I think Flynn taking care of Paul.

But, Paul taking care of Flynn would be really cool to see.  

Tom's first time coming to the ranch with Jake.

How Darcy came to the ranch.  

I'm just not sure about either of these.

I'd really like to read Philip and David's early days together.

Dizzy
Dizzy
Dizzy
Honorary Ranch Family Member

http://dj-wl.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jkfan on Sun Dec 16, 2018 6:35 pm

Would you rather read about Riley’s first spanking or David’s first spanking?

Talk about impossible choices!!  Riley edges out David by a hair - mainly because later on, I'm going to vote for Philip and David's early days, and I'm hoping David's first spanking will be told as part of that story.

The future of Philip and David's room.

Finally, a softball.  Riley propositioning the three Tops.

Jasper's childhood.

Dale, although he'd need a LOT of support from his husbands so he didn't make his client cry.  

Back to hardball!!  Unless both is an option, I guess I prefer Paul, Jas, and Flynn.  Maybe, if we learn the future of Philip and David's room, there'll be a five-some to celebrate.  OR, maybe we get the five-some, and in the afterglow, Paul reminisces about his first time with Jasper and Flynn.

Jake pre-Tom.

Flynn taking care of Paul.   

I can pretty much guess what Tom was like when he first came to the ranch, so I'll go with Jake.  In particular, I'd love to see Jake and Flynn together.  It seems they formed a very tight, brotherly bond that we've yet to hear about.  AND got into a fair amount of mischief with Jake that was sorted out by Philip.  Who'd say no to that.

Darcy.

I didn't have a preference until I read Judy's response to this question.  I'd like to see what Olivia was like as a parent before Dale's father died.  Were there any hints that she never bonded with Dale?

Oh, early days wins by a mile.  Again, hoping for a two-fer in voting for a story about Jake's early days at the ranch, which really should include the gun incident and the aftermath.
jkfan
jkfan
A What

Back to top Go down

Post by iam on Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:58 pm

I would love both, but hm.... David
future of Philip and David's room, I have been thinking about that!
Again both stuff I would LOVE to see! Hmmm I think if it came down to it I would chose Riley propositioning the Tops.
Jasper's childhood.
Dale
Paul, Jas and Flynn's first!
Tom pre-Jake
Flynn taking care of sick Paul.
Tom's first time at the ranch.
Darcy
Riley with his mother. Seems like that would hurt less.
Philip and David's early days

Damn, now I want to read all of these suggested stories!!

iam
Sheepdog

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon4real on Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:13 pm

RILEY!!!!!! Pleeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaasssseeeeee...................

Room!

Riley!

Jasper!

I don't think either of them would ever take on a client of their own, but if they were to, I think Dale would be more likely.

Five-some 

Tom in one of his pursuits to find a Top that he wouldn't end up topping.

Paul taking care of a sick Flynn

Jake as a child

Darcy.. I'm curious but thinking maybe he knew Roger and/or Luath and came there with them.

Neither.. death of a parent hits too close to home

JAKE FIRING A GUN  Laughing
Jon4real
Jon4real
Polar Bear Wrangler

Back to top Go down

Post by zevale on Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:42 am

The future of Philip and David’s room

Riley approaching the three Tops

Jasper’s childhood

Riley

First time together for Paul, Jasper and Flynn

Jake pre-Tom

Flynn taking care of a sick Paul

Jake's first time at the ranch as a child

Darcy

Riley and his mother

Philip and David'searly days together

so much to wait for...
zevale
zevale
Sheepdog

Back to top Go down

Post by Nonni on Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:56 am

Today's Fun Thing: Would You Rather - Wish List Edition
That's too hard!! Why not both?!

Origin of the Lexan

Riley approaching the tops. I would LOVE to be a fly on the wall for that!

I think Jasper's childhood. I always want to know more about Jasper. Also, Dale had such a rough childhood that I hate the idea of him getting in trouble (assuming that it would be with yet-another adult who didn't really get him and was just being punitive rather than supportive).

Both are intriguing in different ways.

Again, very hard to choose, but I think there is something so touching about Paul, Jasper, and Flynn figuring out that they belong together so I'd have to go for that.

Hard to imagine either! Are you sure they haven't been together since birth?!

Paul taking care of a sick Flynn.

Jake as a child.

How Roger got there.

Dale, as I'm curious about what family life looked like for him prior to his father's death.

Philip and David

Nonni
Bunkhouse & Hot Springs Guest

Back to top Go down

Post by Nonni on Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:04 am

@jkfan wrote:Trivia # 3 - FCR. Emmett Pearce, Paul introduces him to Dale.

I just realized why that name sounded so familiar (and why I kept wanting to sing when I heard it!).  It's in a Stan Rogers song:
http://stanrogers.net/the-music/song-archive/field-behind-the-plow/

Nonni

Back to top Go down

Post by something31 on Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:41 am

David's

Future of their room!

Uuuf. Tough but Riley!

Jasper's childhood!

Either of them but probably Dale.

Both! First time together for Paul, Jasper, and Flynn if I have to prioritize

Jake pre-Tom

Flynn taking care of a sick Paul:)

More tough decisions! Jake's first time at the ranch I suppose.

Roger.

Riley and his mom (he's a bit older when she dies)

Pre-rescues

So many lovely options! Of course I want everything always :P

something31
Coyote

Back to top Go down

Post by jkfan on Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:57 am

@nonni - what a great find.  I wasn't familiar with that song.  Let's hope the FCR Emmett doesn't suffer the same fate as the Emmett in the song - he died relatively young of a heart attack from overwork.

I wonder if R&R got the name from that song?  It seems likely since Stan Rogers figures so prominently in the stories.
jkfan
jkfan
A What

Back to top Go down

Post by Zicat on Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:39 am

I think so too, Cheryl. Though R&R spelled the last names differently. Pearce/Pierce.
Zicat
Zicat
A What

Back to top Go down

Post by Nonni on Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:21 pm

Or it could have been subconscious. Maybe they were humming the tune under their breath like I was. (-;

Nonni

Back to top Go down

Post by loyalpainter88 on Wed Dec 19, 2018 12:45 pm

These are so much fun! 

I think david s would be interesting 
... Was his first experience with Philip or some one else 
? Am hoping it would have been philip coz i cant imagine him with any body else .... But then it would be naive to imagine so because they met when he was much older ... 

And also the reason why ... Did his captain take him in ? Was he the one to give him the spanking ? 

The future of philips and davids room ... 
Its like they are the epicenter of these guys ... They are so woven into their experiences .... 

Definitely Riley approaching the Tops ... 
It would be intresting to see the transition on both sides 

Having read a few snippets in all stories Jaspers childhood has been so interesting so yes more of Jaspers story 

As of now Dale isnt ready to take any clients ... And would rather not jump ahead when his actual process of learning who he is isnt complete so Riley .... 

Ooooo   both please ! Cant decide ...

Jake pre tom espically his relationship with philip and the rest of the guys in the ranch ... 

Flynn taking care of paul ... Paul is always taking care of the others ...he needs to be pampered.... Hopefully if at all paul falls sick ,by then dale or the others learn how to cook .. paul would want comfort food 

Toms first time coming to ranch ....... 

Roger .... 

Mmmmm no sad stories ... 
If i have to choose Riley and his mother 

Mmmm i think philip and david 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
loyalpainter88
loyalpainter88
Stallion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum