Christmas Story - Oregon Way part 1b

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Re: Christmas Story - Oregon Way part 1b

Post by Nonni on Thu Dec 20, 2018 7:23 pm

@knox0606 wrote:
@Dizzy wrote:
@knox0606 wrote:You would be an excellent chauffeur Dizzy. Are you packed? Waiting for Carolina's call?

Knox

Packed and ready to go!!  I’m always up for a trip and adventure!  Would you like me to swing by and pick you up?  Oh the fun to be had!!

Dizzy
Since I am in NC, not too terribly far from McAdenville btw, it would be a long detour. I will create a road trip play list for your ipod.  I would begin with "Christmas (Baby Please Come Home) " by Darlene Love.

Safe travels @Dizzy!

Knox

I love a good road trip! I guess I ought to leave now, though. It will take me 15 hours to meet you in Wisconsin, but probably best for Dale to take a little extra time to recover anyway, right? And, when the play list runs out, I'm happy to sing Stan Rogers songs or any number of various ancient wassailing songs.

Nonni
Flynn's Personal Christmas Shopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Nonni on Thu Dec 20, 2018 7:43 pm

So so many things I love about this.
When Flynn says, "Nothing is going to happen that we can’t handle.” it just seems so comforting and honest.
I'm still giggling over, “You were quite a sensible scientist when I met you.”
Paul's responses are so Paul!! And I absolutely love it when he speaks Dale's thoughts and feelings for him.
Jasper and Paul supporting Flynn really is a reminder how much these folks work as a team and how strong that makes them as a whole.
And David and Sarah being there is such a comfort. I'm thrilled to get more time with little Sarah especially. I liked her right from the start when Dale spoke with her in German (at least I'm supposing that is the same child as I don't recall names.)
So happy to have these lovely stories!

Nonni

Back to top Go down

Post by Ranger52899 on Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:32 pm

Thank you! What a lovely response to the first part Smile Smile We're delighted people are having fun with it. 

We're not giving away clues. At all. Neither confirming nor denying a thing, although we're enjoying the speculation Wink You'll just have to wait and see! 

Multiple  group hug  to the people with such awful migraines! They sound very nasty! 

R&R

Ranger52899
Womble in Charge
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Nonni on Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:31 pm

So sweet Ranger! You not only give us fabulous stories, but also write us kind notes.

Nonni

Back to top Go down

Post by Dizzy on Fri Dec 21, 2018 8:46 pm

@knox0606 wrote:
@Dizzy wrote:
@knox0606 wrote:You would be an excellent chauffeur Dizzy. Are you packed? Waiting for Carolina's call?

Knox

Packed and ready to go!!  I’m always up for a trip and adventure!  Would you like me to swing by and pick you up?  Oh the fun to be had!!

Dizzy
Since I am in NC, not too terribly far from McAdenville btw, it would be a long detour. I will create a road trip play list for your ipod.  I would begin with "Christmas (Baby Please Come Home) " by Darlene Love.

Safe travels @Dizzy!

Knox

I finally found a spare minute to look up the song, Christmas, Baby Please Come Home (I hope you didn’t think I’d forgotten!).  And OMG!!  I remember this song!!  My parents had it on an old record and we’d play it, along with the Mitch Miller Band, as we decorated!

I used to live in NC and went to McAdenville.....once.  As beautiful and fun, the traffic was horrendous!

I’ll send you pictures as Flynn, Dale, and I go along the Oregon Trail!  LOL!

Dizzy
Dizzy
Dizzy
Honorary Ranch Family Member

http://dj-wl.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Wmarian on Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:38 pm

Phew! Glad the diagnosis is full recovery soon.
My favorite tidbit: Dale's precise identification of the cologne being worn by one of the attendants in the hospital emergency room. Not only didactic memory....but olfactory memory...never an end to Dale's talents Smile
Wmarian
Wmarian
Stallion

Back to top Go down

Thanksgiving?

Post by sissy on Sat Dec 22, 2018 1:58 pm

R&R, the rest of the Ranch family. 

This is Sissy checking in to say thank you for the gift of this wonderful story. I am 3/4 of the way through chemo therapy for breast cancer. The Solstice began in CA several hours ago. This is always the worst day of an infusion cycle because I have the most drugs in my system and most side effects to deal with at the same time.  

But tonight I am happy, joyous even, thanks to a rising full moon, the soft Gregorian Chant Christmas music playing, and the gift of new chapters to this ongoing story. Art informs life and lifts us up. Thank you so much for sharing your gifts. All of you. 

God bless us all.

Mary Pat
sissy
sissy
Coyote

Back to top Go down

Post by Ranger52899 on Sat Dec 22, 2018 2:22 pm

Sissy  group hug
Ranger52899
Ranger52899
Womble in Charge
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Hayjude on Sat Dec 22, 2018 2:33 pm

Sending good health wishes your way, Sissy. Stay strong - you will get through this. xxx
Hayjude
Hayjude
A What

Back to top Go down

Post by jkfan on Sat Dec 22, 2018 2:46 pm

@Sissy - the longest night of the year is behind us.  Daylight is making its return.  I'm wishing good health returns to you as well.  

Hugs.

Cheryl

jkfan
jkfan
A What

Back to top Go down

Post by Nonni on Sat Dec 22, 2018 4:22 pm

Sissy, I am hopeful for you that the returning light brings health and joy and much love your way.

Nonni

Back to top Go down

Post by Zicat on Sun Dec 23, 2018 6:27 am

@sissy wrote:R&R, the rest of the Ranch family. 

This is Sissy checking in to say thank you for the gift of this wonderful story. I am 3/4 of the way through chemo therapy for breast cancer. The Solstice began in CA several hours ago. This is always the worst day of an infusion cycle because I have the most drugs in my system and most side effects to deal with at the same time.  

But tonight I am happy, joyous even, thanks to a rising full moon, the soft Gregorian Chant Christmas music playing, and the gift of new chapters to this ongoing story. Art informs life and lifts us up. Thank you so much for sharing your gifts. All of you. 

God bless us all.

Mary Pat
Sending prayers and healing thoughts, and hope you feel better every day, Mary Pat.
Hugs, Cat
Zicat
Zicat
A What

Back to top Go down

Post by Aly on Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:18 pm

I love Dale and David interactions , i keep calling them the Ds in my head

Aly

Back to top Go down

Post by Ranger52899 on Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:30 pm