Finding the Christmas Story, Oregon Way

Go down

Finding the Christmas Story, Oregon Way Empty Finding the Christmas Story, Oregon Way

Post by Ranger52899 on Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:51 pm

To avoid taking over the advent calendar with story chapter and getting in the way of people having fun with the calender posts, I've put a new and separate section in the calendar just for the story. It's at the top of the advent calendar forum in the hot springs if you need help finding it.
Ranger52899
Ranger52899
Womble in Charge
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Finding the Christmas Story, Oregon Way Empty Re: Finding the Christmas Story, Oregon Way

Post by loyalpainter88 on Thu Dec 20, 2018 4:44 pm

Ooh thank you ! 
It was easier to locate !
loyalpainter88
loyalpainter88
Stallion

Back to top Go down

Finding the Christmas Story, Oregon Way Empty Re: Finding the Christmas Story, Oregon Way

Post by Ranger52899 on Thu Dec 20, 2018 5:31 pm

Good, I'm glad it's helped! I've fixed the order too, so hopefully less people will get the b section before the a. Smile
Ranger52899
Ranger52899
Womble in Charge
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Denicemarcell on Thu Dec 20, 2018 6:16 pm

Thank you Ranger
Denicemarcell
Denicemarcell
Flynn's Personal Christmas Shopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Zicat on Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:14 pm

Finding the Christmas Story, Oregon Way T7E01RAAtCAQVAN9eRAGNCJ8ZELPGsJ+bbFBaQAbboz8qcARegzKs7zRy1D45x0DoEztNcmMfS0PrA0BAd0Q890dcAEhad0VMRCAAAOw==
Thank You, Ranger & Rolf, for this Christmas Story, and for making it easy to find.
Zicat
Zicat
A What

Back to top Go down

Post by Ranger52899 on Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:22 pm

You're welcome!

Cat, that is a cuuuuuuuute elf!
Ranger52899
Ranger52899
Womble in Charge
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Hayjude on Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:53 pm

Cat will now be claiming she’s a cute Christmas elf as well as a wicked little angel, I bet!
Hayjude
Hayjude
A What

Back to top Go down

Post by Nonni on Fri Dec 21, 2018 3:04 am

@Hayjude wrote:Cat will now be claiming she’s a cute Christmas elf as well as a wicked little angel, I bet!

But she is! (-;

Nonni
Bunkhouse & Hot Springs Guest

Back to top Go down

Post by Ranger52899 on Fri Dec 21, 2018 8:50 am

Well if she's going to hang around the forum looking like that she's going to get more or less whatever she wants. Sigh. I'm a complete sucker for elves in red hats.
Ranger52899
Ranger52899
Womble in Charge
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Hayjude on Fri Dec 21, 2018 11:17 am

Cat, please start agitating for more Jake and Tom, more Boston Harbor, more Washington Square, more Quarry Rock.....I could go on....hens but no kittens, etc, etc....!
Hayjude
Hayjude
A What

Back to top Go down

Post by Nonni on Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:10 pm

@Ranger52899 wrote:Well if she's going to hang around the forum looking like that she's going to get more or less whatever she wants. Sigh. I'm a complete sucker for elves in red hats.

Someone started a thread asking what we might give the Ranch fellows for Christmas. Now I know! I will gift all the brats with elf suits (complete with little red hats). Maybe then they will all get whatever they want!
Now wondering if Flynn, Paul, Jasper, Jake, and other tops are as much a sucker for elves as Ranger! (-;

Nonni

Back to top Go down

Post by Zicat on Sat Dec 22, 2018 12:18 am

It pleases me that you like the little Elf, Ranger. I think he's cute too. Mary Engelbreit is an amazing illustrator.

Thank you, Sas. You know me so well. Wink

Sorry, Judy I love you but you'll have to do your own begging as I am quite happy with the story we are getting at the moment.

We had some nasty storms come through the last 2 days and lost power. No Internet, and Mobile was sporadic. It came back on late last night. We've finished cleaning up the fallen branches and other debris, so now I can go and read the next instalment of the Oregon Way. Yippee.

I am loving this story, Ranger. Thanks again to you and Rolf.
Hugs, Cat

Last edited by Zicat on Sat Dec 22, 2018 12:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Zicat
Zicat
A What

Back to top Go down

Post by Hayjude on Sat Dec 22, 2018 12:23 am

Thought you were being unusually quiet!! Glad you’re back on the air. Stay safe. We’ve had the wild wind last night but no loss of power. They’re predicting 40 degrees for Christmas Day. That pool will be put to use!

Finding the Christmas Story, Oregon Way Cdf1be10
Hayjude
Hayjude
A What

Back to top Go down

Post by Zicat on Sat Dec 22, 2018 12:41 am

The electricity company told us that it could be Monday before we got power back but they got us up and running last night, thank goodness. Still so many without power though.
We had lightning strike a few trees but thankfully no fires. It was trees falling on power lines from the wild weather that cut the power. Still heaps of homes and businesses with electricity though.
Christmas Day is looking good for me with temps in the mid to high 20's, and sunny.
Hugs, Cat
Zicat
Zicat
A What

Back to top Go down

Post by Nonni on Sat Dec 22, 2018 1:41 am

I think we'll be in the 20's here in Massachusetts too!! Uh, Fahrenheit that is!

Nonni

Back to top Go down

Post by Hayjude on Sat Dec 22, 2018 1:51 am

All together now...

Christmas where the gum tree grows
There is no frost and there is no snow
Christmas in Australia’s hot
Cold and frosty is what it’s not
When the bloom of the jacaranda tree is here
Christmas time is near.
Finding the Christmas Story, Oregon Way 0bbb5e10
Finding the Christmas Story, Oregon Way E5f4e410

Last edited by Hayjude on Sat Dec 22, 2018 1:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Hayjude
Hayjude
A What

Back to top Go down

Post by Nonni on Sat Dec 22, 2018 1:52 am

Nice!
But, as it turns out our snow is all turning to mush and ice due to about 3 inches of rain that just got dumped on us in the last day and a half! Quite annoying

Nonni

Back to top Go down

Post by loyalpainter88 on Sat Dec 22, 2018 4:06 pm

@Hayjude wrote:All together now...

Christmas where the gum tree grows
There is no frost and there is no snow
Christmas in Australia’s hot
Cold and frosty is what it’s not
When the bloom of the jacaranda tree is here
Christmas time is near.
Finding the Christmas Story, Oregon Way 0bbb5e10
Finding the Christmas Story, Oregon Way E5f4e410

Wow ... That is one beautiful tree ! 
And judy ...continuing the limericks  Very Happy
loyalpainter88
loyalpainter88
Stallion

Back to top Go down

Post by Ranger52899 on Sat Dec 22, 2018 5:37 pm

Oh wow those trees are so beautiful! Like wisteria gone mad, what a colour.
Ranger52899
Ranger52899
Womble in Charge
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Hayjude on Sat Dec 22, 2018 10:21 pm

Yes, beautiful jacarandas.
Though I would like take the credit, loyal, Trish and Cat would tell on me. That is actually an Aussie Christmas carol - just escapes me who sings it at the moment. The Bluegum band, I think with school kids choir doing the chorus. Trish may be able to find a clip of it.
Hayjude
Hayjude
A What

Back to top Go down

Post by jkfan on Sat Dec 22, 2018 10:56 pm

What an amazing color.  I've heard of Jacarandas but never seen one.

We got rain as well, Sas, and the ground is now bare.  I know a lot of folks will be disappointed that we won't have a white Christmas, but you won't hear me complain.

As one elderly Mainer once said to me about winter rain, "It shovels easy."  

Cat - I'm glad your power came back on earlier than expected.  Those storms sound scary.
jkfan
jkfan
A What

Back to top Go down

Post by Zicat on Sun Dec 23, 2018 12:56 am

Thank you, Cheryl. I was hiding under the bed so didn't see much.. Just joking. But I am a little like Dale in that I hate storms, of any kind, and the last few to come through were pretty bad. I am so thankful that teams of workers come from all over the State to help get the local power grid back up and running.
Zicat
Zicat
A What

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum